PDA

View Full Version : Calcasieu River domination

huntin fool
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Me and Wtretrievers went after them during the Dogfight today. we fished hard up to last minute. We lost 3 solid fish at the boat and caught a 18 in red. But finlly at last minute before giving up, i hooked a nice 1.72 lb bass.We ran to weigh in and i held big bass for a few minutes before getting knocked down by a 1.8 bass. So basically i had 2nd biggest bass in the tournament of 16 boats.

"Lets take a kid fishing" tournament is this Saturday at Parkside marina in moss bluuf, it starts at safe daylight and ends at noon. Anyone from ages 3-15 yrs old can fish.Regisration is on Friday June 12 from 4 to 9 pmat parkside in moss bluff, and Saturday morning from 5 am to 10 am

entry fee is a non perishable food to be donated to abrahams tent.

kids may fish anywhere but MUST be back at Parkside for weigh at noon. Kids may fish for any species. And can use any type of rod, and bait.They can fish from bank or boat.

Kids in boat must be accompanied by adults and where life vest (while running i think)

Door prizes will be given away to kids at end and there will be plenty of free, chilli dogs, hot dogs,cokes and water.

Wtretreivers- hope you had a good b-day! sorry we didnt place. but i guess we got on to the fish

huntin fool
06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
oh i forgot to say...Wtretreivers,thanks for coming and fishing had a blast.

"W"
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Good Job Fool

huntin fool
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
I think winning bag was 6 lbs

Natural Light Kid
06-09-2009, 11:15 PM
redfish? were ya'll fishing on the south end? near the salt water barrier? i haven't fished the river in months. my wife wants me to catch some bass to eat. they don't have to be big, i just need a mess of a few small fish. any suggestions? doen't have to be the river.

wtretrievers
06-10-2009, 06:47 AM
oh i forgot to say...Wtretreivers,thanks for coming and fishing had a blast.
Enjoyed it!
Changing hooks on that bait this evening! Losing 3 weigh fish at the boat.....ohhh nooo...:shaking::shaking::shaking:
Gamakatsu or Owners

wtretrievers
06-10-2009, 06:54 AM
redfish? were ya'll fishing on the south end? near the salt water barrier? i haven't fished the river in months. my wife wants me to catch some bass to eat. they don't have to be big, i just need a mess of a few small fish. any suggestions? doen't have to be the river.
Redfish came from several miles up west fork! ***? I had lost 3 weigh fish at the boat already & Bam the fight was on. I told Fool to get the net, after 30-40 secs it didnt come up I said this cant be good.
If you want a mess of bass GOOD LUCK! That place is tough!

Austin(boatman's son)
06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
they caught that red in the west fork

Austin(boatman's son)
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
my cousins have been going to our camp every evening and racking up on perch (which is right next door to fools house) and they said that there are crabs all over the place. So im thinking the locks have been open for a while.

huntin fool
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
my cousins have been going to our camp every evening and racking up on perch (which is right next door to fools house) and they said that there are crabs all over the place. So im thinking the locks have been open for a while.

nope locks have been CLOSED crabs are alway in the river. for the past 10 yrs.

Austin(boatman's son)
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
i know there have been crabs. But they said they are everywhere. And the red fish?? I guess just very rare

huntin fool
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
i know there have been crabs. But they said they are everywhere. And the red fish?? I guess just very rare

Reds are like the crabs, they chill all up here. my Dad said they pulled a 28 in. from our pipes last year. (where was i?

Austin(boatman's son)
06-10-2009, 09:41 AM
prlly in the marsh!!! lol, thats a good question though...... It makes ya think on that one lol

huntin fool
06-10-2009, 09:42 AM
More i have learned, reds can live in hardly no salt in water, just has to be a lil

Austin(boatman's son)
06-10-2009, 10:07 AM
yea i knew that, its just that the west for up by the camp is odd

Gerald
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I caught a 17" Red in the Sabine river up by Nibblets Bluff park.......about 20 mile from Sabine Lake.