PDA

View Full Version : 15lb Boga ?

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:12 PM
thinking of buying the 15lb Boga......My question.....Do you know if a fish weighing more than 15lbs would mess the scale up?

I guess what i'm saying is if i'm wade fishing and just happen to hang a redfish or drum or whatever kind of fish that looks to be 15+ would it be wise to grab the fish with the Boga?

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey W, remember the clown on 2cool that said his trout weighed over 10 lbs. because it "pegged" his Boga? :eek: :*****:

huntin fool
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
thinking of buying the 15lb Boga......My question.....Do you know if a fish weighing more than 15lbs would mess the scale up?

I guess what i'm saying is if i'm wade fishing and just happen to hang a redfish or drum or whatever kind of fish that looks to be 15+ would it be wise to grab the fish with the Boga?
thats what ive always wondered...it handled a 14 1/4 lb black drum saturday for the tourney..

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:23 PM
thats what ive always wondered...it handled a 14 1/4 lb black drum saturday for the tourney..

Totally irrelevant. :smokin:

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm in a tourny here at work thats just like the STAR but last all year long.....i got one red on the board and caught a trout this morning that i'm gonna put up there......i just want to be able to weigh the fish on the water and tell if it weights more than the one i already have so i can just release/keep the fish.

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Totally irrelevant. :smokin:

Its the thought that counts Salty;)

huntin fool
03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm in a tourny here at work thats just like the STAR but last all year long.....i got one red on the board and caught a trout this morning that i'm gonna put up there......i just want to be able to weigh the fish on the water and tell if it weights more than the one i already have so i can just release/keep the fish.

they did that when my dad worked there.. and nobody fished it or something so they just gave away prizes. Yep i got the hook up lol

Poppin Cork Spinner bait, pack of sac a lait jigs and cocahoes :work:

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:29 PM

To answer your question.........I don't think hangin' a fish over 15 lbs. will actually affect your Boga. You just won't get an accurate weight.

"W"
03-16-2010, 08:29 PM

If your going to buy a boga buy it from this guy on ebay...I spoke with him a few times and he stuff is 100% guaranteed.... so far a few of us have bought from him.........99 with Free shipping and the warranty cant bet that
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boga-Grip-15LB-Model-315-BRAND-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ150409457954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23051a3122
Hey W, remember the clown on 2cool that said his trout weighed over 10 lbs. because it "pegged" his Boga? :eek: :*****:

yea the possible State Texas Record he said and hit bottomed out his 10bl Boga (that Dont Exist).......Texan what do you expect??? What a Tool that dude was..........It was a 22lb trout he just let it go....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I had fun with that........O yea Mont was mad at me for that also.......How dare I call out a Texan with a potential state record but he decides to let it go and not weight it for he sake of man kind...........Can you smell DIP SHI^:p

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:32 PM
To answer your question.........I don't think hangin' a fish over 15 lbs. will actually affect your Boga. You just won't get an accurate weight.

i would just hate to mess up something that cost that much

That what i was thinking though.

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:35 PM
they did that when my dad worked there.. and nobody fished it or something so they just gave away prizes. Yep i got the hook up lol

Poppin Cork Spinner bait, pack of sac a lait jigs and cocahoes :work:

Yeah the last couple of years have picked back up though as far as the amount of people fishing it.

last year there was enough money to give away 1st-5th place with 5th place in all 4 divisions doubling your entry fee......nothing to special just all in good fun.

huntin fool
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah the last couple of years have picked back up though as far as the amount of people fishing it.

last year there was enough money to give away 1st-5th place with 5th place in all 4 divisions doubling your entry fee......nothing to special just all in good fun.

yep. I liked the idea. KBR has a bass tournament each year,not fishing this years

BMTAngler
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I read that the Boga will hold two times its stated weighing scale

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
yep. I liked the idea. KBR has a bass tournament each year,not fishing this years

Whats KBR stand for and where is it at.......never heard of it.

"W"
03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
From the manufacturer:
BogaGrip is a high-quality fish landing, handling and weighing tool. It handles fish by encompassing the fish's lower jawbone and works on most species of fish. The BogaGrip features easy, one-hand operation and will accurately weigh fish. The BogaGrip is very saltwater resistant. It is ideal for the wade and bank fisherman, as it clips nicely to a fisherman's apparel; but it is equally at home in a boat. The BogaGrip is built to handle fish weighing double its scale capacity.

"W"
03-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Whats KBR stand for and where is it at.......never heard of it.

Kicking Bryaden's Rear :D

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Thanks.......do you remember where you read it?

Nevermind just read W's post..........thanks dubya.

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Kicking Bryaden's Rear :D

HA, thats funny:*****:

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
From the manufacturer:
BogaGrip is a high-quality fish landing, handling and weighing tool. It handles fish by encompassing the fish's lower jawbone and works on most species of fish. The BogaGrip features easy, one-hand operation and will accurately weigh fish. The BogaGrip is very saltwater resistant. It is ideal for the wade and bank fisherman, as it clips nicely to a fisherman's apparel; but it is equally at home in a boat. The BogaGrip is built to handle fish weighing double its scale capacity.

And he didn't even have to "google" it. :p

huntin fool
03-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Kellog Brown And Root

He's a Safety Supervisor for Lanxess though. In Orange

Big Flounder
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
why would you get a 15lb when a 30lb is the same price?

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Kellog Brown And Root

He's a Safety Supervisor for Lanxess though. In Orange

Never heard of it.......sounds like he is doing pretty good then, glad to hear that.

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:53 PM

I think the 15 lb. weighs in 1/4 lb increments.

Micah

didnt know they were the same price

BMTAngler
I think W was trying to sound all technical and stuff

BMTAngler
03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
And yes the 15 weighs in 1/4 increments

Big Flounder
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
And yes the 15 weighs in 1/4 increments
Oh...I didn't know that. I got the 30

Salty
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Does the 30 weigh in 1/2 lb.?

Micah
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Does the 30 weigh in 1/2 lb.?

Yeah the 30 and 60 weigh in 1/2 lb......just look it up on google:D

Salty
03-16-2010, 09:00 PM
I really don't know why a trout or bass fisherman would even need the 30 lb. model.

Big Flounder
03-16-2010, 09:06 PM
I really don't know why a trout or bass fisherman would even need the 30 lb. model.
Not sure either. My wife got me one for my birthday last year and she said that they were the same price so she got me the 30. :headknocker:

Salty
03-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Not sure either. My wife got me one for my birthday last year and she said that they were the same price so she got me the 30. :headknocker:

That's a good enough reason as any. :) I reckon she thought bigger was better. :rolleyes:

Big Flounder
03-16-2010, 09:25 PM
That's a good enough reason as any. :) I reckon she thought bigger was better. :rolleyes:
I really know nothing about them so I said OK. Thats why she keeps me around. Bigger is better!!! :grinpimp:

Salty
03-16-2010, 09:26 PM
I really know nothing about them so I said OK. Thats why she keeps me around. Bigger is better!!! :grinpimp:

:shaking:

:rolleyes:

PUREBAY2200
03-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Get a 30 lb.
I got that so I can weigh some offshore fish like Snapper as well as inshore fish.
It's only a few more $$ worth it to ne

cmdrost
03-17-2010, 10:09 AM
15 is much more accurate because of the 1/4 ounce marks. Can be certified by IGFA, and imho, is all you need for inshore fishing. 30 lb would be good for offshore with snapper, ling, etc.

To answer your question....No it will not hurt it. I've had redfish bottom out the thing a few times. Didn't mess it up.

Micah
03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys, i bought the 30lb this morning at academy, it was the only one they had left and that sucker is nice compared to the cheap berkly i have. If your looking for a cheap one the berkly is not bad for the price, it held up pretty well for me.