PDA

View Full Version : Shaky Heads for saltwater plastics

Garfish
03-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I have some spots that I fish that have either grass or rocks around jetties and was thinking of rigging my soft plastics weedless on a Shaky Head. Tired of pullin off grass &/or gettin hug up and losing tackle in the rocks. Anybody else tried them before in the salt and if so what were the results? Any other ideas for rigging weedless?

wtretrievers
03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Should work just fine, my boys were catching flounder & kept getting hung & losing jigheads, they went digging in my freshwater box & used a slip sinker & worm hook (texas rig). worked just fine. The shaky head is basicly a texas rig using a jighead instead of a slip sinker, & you just gave me a thought on something!

You can use the slip sinker & worm hook, just peg slip sinker with a toothpick.

eman
03-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey Gar,
What about the Hooks w/ the weight on the hook shank.
I know they work well in the oysters to keep from hanging up.
Don't remember what they are called but they are rigged weedless and
fish just like a texas rig.

fishmaster911
03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey Gar,
What about the Hooks w/ the weight on the hook shank.
I know they work well in the oysters to keep from hanging up.
Don't remember what they are called but they are rigged weedless and
fish just like a texas rig.

Flutter hooks !

catch.and.fillet
03-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Pics or a W diagram please! For the rest of us....

fishmaster911
03-20-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/p-0030758120195a.shtml
this should help !

eman
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
That's the ones! Put it on a 4" plastic and walk it down the rocks and HANG ON!

Garfish
03-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Bought some Flutter Hooks for Assassin and eel type baits, but was thinking about the shaky heads for smaller plastics like Sparkle beetles , DD Terror tails, GULP Shrimp, etc. The Texas rig sounds good. I also was thinking of Carolina Rig w/ a big split shot. Thanks for the advice guys.
Now if only i could get out and go. Damn weather shut me down for today. 30 knot winds and a frontal passage hurtin me badly!

Sea-Trac Offshore
03-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I usually use the worm weedless hooks if rocks or grass is a problem. Fun dragging a frog across the grass and that big red just crushes it!

LPfishnTIM
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
I fish a berkley power grub that way for bass and trout!