PDA

View Full Version : Lacassine 3/20

LaAngler
03-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Launched around lunchtime today, the crowd wasn't all that bad.

the wind was howling which made it tough to fish. I caught and released around 20 bass. Had at least 30 blow ups using a watermelon red weightless zoom fluke. With the front coming in I was just burning the fluke on top the grass. You would see a wake coming from 6 feet away, just slow the bait down and WAMM! rip them little bastads up before they dig in.

most of the fish were 1 to 2 pounds.

Big Flounder
03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a great day to me!

Ray
03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Any day catching fish is fun.

LaAngler
03-20-2010, 09:52 PM
i was hoping to boga a big lunker but i like catchin them little ones when they cuttin up on top like that....

i could have done better wadin

huntin fool
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
i was hoping to boga a big lunker but i like catchin them little ones when they cuttin up on top like that....

i could have done better wadin

ofcourse ya could have bruce.

How'd that boat run in the ponds? you get her in some skinny stuff yet?

Montauk17
03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Not a bad trip in my book. I wish I had a boat small enough to get out there,never been before.

fishmaster911
03-20-2010, 09:58 PM
i never been there ether ! id like to give it a try !

Country Boy
03-20-2010, 09:59 PM
nice, sounds like it was a lot of fun, i went to prein lake today and caught some reds and flounder also the wind was kicking the water was clear just one problem no trout.

Ray
I hunted gators in there for 6 years. On the East side of the main canal, inside the
impoundment and all of the outside. There was some nice fishing places on the SE
corner canals. But you had to have a tunnel hull with a skeg in it to get thru the
lilly's. But once you got thru, there was some good clean clear water that no boats
went into much.

LaAngler
How'd that boat run in the ponds? you get her in some skinny stuff yet?

well its strong out of the hole, motor has the torque to chew thru the grass no problem. my jackplate is set too low for sure.

i really need float pods and a hydraulic jackplate. didn't have any trouble with grass balling up on the lower unit at all.

i did see a couple merc 80+ hp "fortys" sound like a formula 1 boat :shaking:

huntin fool
03-20-2010, 10:04 PM
well its strong out of the hole, motor has the torque to chew thru the grass no problem. my jackplate is set too low for sure.

i really need float pods and a hydraulic jackplate. didn't have any trouble with grass balling up on the lower unit at all.

Is your gas tank removable? Where do your batteries sit? Move dat to the front if possible, that might help. Somebody on here has Pods. I rember them talking about it.

2ndamendment
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Rooster tails in the marsh type power.

LaAngler
03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
they added another launch in the back since i've been (3 years ago) which is nice.

but they put bulkheads under the bridges with about a 7' gap, i didn't have the balls to run those on plane.

Micah
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Good job Bruce!

Been wanting to go but just have not been yet, maybe now i'll go since Big Lake is going to look like doo doo water for about a week now.

20 fish any day is a darn good trip

calcutta37
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
herd someone caught one over twelve. anyone see it has to be huge!!!

huntin fool
03-21-2010, 01:00 PM
yes..a 12..its a toad.

My buddy caught a 7..his P.B