PDA

View Full Version : Headin to the bend

Montauk17
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Me and my dad are heading to toledo tomorrow....any good reports? We are staying by the Pendleton bridge. This is my first trip there in about 10 years. I cant wait,goin in my dads new to him 22' skeeter bay.

fishmaster911
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
u gonna need that 22 ft bay boat this weekend out there with all that wind they calling for ! hit the back of lananns !

Hebert
03-26-2010, 07:17 PM
i'm hearing the sac bite is at night..lanan's bridge ...i'll be there mon-thurs i hope the wind dies down and the fish turn on!! lol

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. South wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 67. Northwest wind around 10 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.

all star rod
03-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Good luck....
I am heading there for the Easter Holidays. My father in law bought a camp there in DEC.

Montauk17
03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Wind forecast was way off,was blowing 15-25 out of the southeast. Made things tough but we found some on there nest,caught a few. It was neat to watch,there whole backs were out of the water like a redfish. We had a good time,and got to test the 22' skeeter out in the gulf,I mean toledo bend.

Montauk17
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Here is a few pics of the backwater creek we found with the bedding fish. Really neat area looked like the coast almost.

blackmamba
03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Sweet pics. It looks like you got that big boat pretty deep in that stuff

Montauk17
03-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah I was very impressed with the boat,went so shallow the trolling motor would not work. We also were running 60mph in 2-3 foot chop....was a lil hair raising,but fun :D Should have took the waders with me,they had some big fish WAY in the back we could not get to.

B-Stealth
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Here is a few pics of the backwater creek we found with the bedding fish. Really neat area looked like the coast almost.

I would like to re-visit this spot in duck season. Sweet Pics.

I used to explore those creeks when I was a kid, good times.

Montauk17
04-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Heading back tomorrow for round 2. With the weather in the high 70's all week it should be good out there. Anyone else going this weekend?

Micah
04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Dude that spot looks awesome!!!!

hope yall tear them up

Hebert
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I trailered up to lanan's bridge last night, was there from 8pm to 1230 am... we pulled up to the bridge and they had no spots.. this one guy offered us his spot..he had been there since 9am and caught about 40 or so white perch...and told us they had shut down and wouldn't start back up till 2am...

we tied up..had 10 lines out with shiners..various depths....and caught no white perch! ...the people on each side of us where catching a few here and there....but we could not catch one for anything! not even a bite!.....at 1230am i decided to pull the plug on this fishing trip and reeled in my bottom rig with worm.....lo and behold i had a one lb catfish on it lol....so atleast we didn't scratch! lol...good luck ..i think you will have a much better trip than us with these warm temps.....the fish are just waiting for some consistant warm temps then it will be on for the people lucky to be there at the right time.

Montauk17
04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
We caught around 15 bass,but only 3 keepers. Most were caught on lizards and wacky rigged senkos around grass beds. I also caught a catfish on a plastic lizard. The lake was like glass all day and it was a peaceful trip with my dad and brother....ducks and geese are everywhere. We are going to sam rayburn in about 2 weeks,anyone been fishing there latley?