PDA

View Full Version : Shearwater

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
What do you guys think of this boat? Pay no attention to the blonde in the video;)

08 Shearwater Z2200 - 2CoolFishing

Seems like a steal.

Salty
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
What do you guys think of this boat? Pay no attention to the blonde in the video;)

08 Shearwater Z2200 - 2CoolFishing (http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=266888)

Seems like a steal.

Sure does at 32.5k

SULPHITE
03-30-2010, 09:03 AM
82 lbs of "thrust"

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Sure does at 32.5k

Saw the same boat listed for $51K on boat trader...but it had a 200 merc

LaAngler
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
i think it's a fine fine rig, i watched the video the other day

and the lady is hot

if it's not sold it's b/c of location in TN

Salty
03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
i think it's a fine fine rig, i watched the video the other day

and the lady is hot

if it's not sold it's b/c of location in TN

Bruce, you wanna go in halves on it? You buy it and I'll geaux get it. :spineyes:

LaAngler
03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Bruce, you wanna go in halves on it? You buy it and I'll geaux get it. :spineyes:

i keep her tho, judging by her right hand she knows how to work the throttle

Salty
03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
i keep her tho, judging by her right hand she knows how to work the throttle

Deal. When do I leave?

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Put in an offer, but I think it's sold.

BayBolt23
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
If I was boat shopping I would jump all over that! Shearwaters are fine arse boats! That's a steal even if it's in Tenn.

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Just raised my offer and found someone to pick it up. Wife needs to approve - and have to cross fingers it's not inked yet.

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Just raised my offer and found someone to pick it up. Wife needs to approve - and have to cross fingers it's not inked yet.

i believe u own me a thanks for sendin u da link!!! :p

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 05:10 PM
i believe u own me a thanks for sendin u da link!!! :p

THANK YOU!!! First and last time you will hear me say that to you :p

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 05:13 PM
THANK YOU!!! First and last time you will hear me say that to you :p

:thefinger::thefinger: get used to sayin the words PLEASE, DONT MAKE IT HURT SO BAD, and THANK YOU when i spank dat azz in cocodrie beeatch!!!!!:*****:

all star rod
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Put in an offer, but I think it's sold.

I thought you were getting you a HINEY like W......:D

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought you were getting you a HINEY like W......:D

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma - I change my mind worse than a woman. Nothing set in stone, but I think this shearwater is a helluva deal. I could get this boat/sell mine for less than the Haynie price. Both FANTASTIC boats, but the Shearwater is my true "dream" boat. Just not paying $60K for a new one...

We'll see what works out. Would still be happy as a pig in $H^& with the Haynie...

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma - I change my mind worse than a woman. Nothing set in stone, but I think this shearwater is a helluva deal. I could get this boat/sell mine for less than the Haynie price. Both FANTASTIC boats, but the Shearwater is my true "dream" boat. Just not paying $60K for a new one...

We'll see what works out. Would still be happy as a pig in $H^& with the Haynie...

i just emailed them and told them id beat any offer you throw at them by 2k :rotfl::thefinger::rasberry:

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 06:07 PM
i just emailed them and told them id beat any offer you throw at them by 2k :rotfl::thefinger::rasberry:

Sweet - I just offered em $65K!!! Have fun with your new boat :thefinger:

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Sweet - I just offered em $65K!!! Have fun with your new boat :thefinger:

65k? thats chump change for a carpentry contractor:*****: carpenter with NASA :work: no seriously have u heard back from em?? u gonna get it or what

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
65k? thats chump change for a carpentry contractor:*****: carpenter with NASA :work: no seriously have u heard back from em?? u gonna get it or what

we'll see - he's slow to get back. I told him I don't want to stop a sure deal on his end as he has a guy working on financing, but I'd be happy to take it off his hands if not. Boat was winterized in Nov and warranty on motor goes through 2013.

I mentioned it earlier, but there is an identical boat on boat trader listed at $51K with a 200 Merc. Almost a no brainer. Hurdle right now is if he sold it and finalizing it with my boss (wife). Worked out a deal for somebody to pick it up for me...

Haynie is bad a$$, but would be 2 months for me to get it...

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
we'll see - he's slow to get back. I told him I don't want to stop a sure deal on his end as he has a guy working on financing, but I'd be happy to take it off his hands if not. Boat was winterized in Nov and warranty on motor goes through 2013.

I mentioned it earlier, but there is an identical boat on boat trader listed at $51K with a 200 Merc. Almost a no brainer. Hurdle right now is if he sold it and finalizing it with my boss (wife). Worked out a deal for somebody to pick it up for me...

Haynie is bad a$$, but would be 2 months for me to get it...

screw the other dude thast is waiting on the fiancing seal the deal do you think that guy would be so considerate toyou when such a smokin deal is at stake?? come on bro man up and push the other dude out cash in hand brother !!! deal with the wife later you can always come sleep in my dog house ( im out there most nights anyways:*****:)

adamsfence
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
screw the other dude thast is waiting on the fiancing seal the deal do you think that guy would be so considerate toyou when such a smokin deal is at stake?? come on bro man up and push the other dude out cash in hand brother !!! deal with the wife later you can always come sleep in my dog house ( im out there most nights anyways:*****:)

thats what im talking about always better to ask for forgivness than for permission (most of the time anyway) My dog house is a camper on the bank of whiskey ****to. i don't mind being in it:smokin:

all star rod
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Mikedtiger you must not be in sales.........screw the other dude and do the deal.....remember you gain is his lose!

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Mikedtiger you must not be in sales.........screw the other dude and do the deal.....remember you gain is his lose!

my problem is i am too damn nice - but josh is working on that!

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 07:12 PM

trust me u hang out w me the whole sfa tour ...by the end you will be a ceritfied wheelin and dealin a-hole!!! :rotfl:

Salty
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
trust me u hang out w me the whole sfa tour ...by the end you will be a ceritfied wheelin and dealin a-hole!!! :rotfl:

Thought you were lookin' for a bote. :eek:

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Thought you were lookin' for a bote. :eek:

i put it off cuz the wife wants to have kids mines only 1.5 yrs old and paid off i can deal with that but if the wife dont start actin "right" soon that plans goin out the window and im buyin a blackjack!!

all star rod
03-30-2010, 08:06 PM

I am sure you have heard of that saying: "GOOD GUYS FINISH LAST"

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
I am sure you have heard of that saying: "GOOD GUYS FINISH LAST"

That's why I ain't sending you no damn baits!!

all star rod
03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
That's why I ain't sending you no damn baits!!

Thats fine, I will just stick to the original "BROWN LURES":p

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Thats fine, I will just stick to the original "BROWN LURES":p

;)my*****!!! EAST SiDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:smokin:

BayBolt23
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Mikethetiger jump on that boat hamma. Great deal! Wish I could buy it and sell my baybolt

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Mikethetiger jump on that boat hamma. Great deal! Wish I could buy it and sell my baybolt

wheelin' and dealin'...

fishinpox
03-30-2010, 10:02 PM
wheelin' and dealin'...

atta boy low ball em at paper signin time after you already agreed on a price!!!! he will take it cuz he needs to unload the boat and already has plans for the money dont go to the table with emotions towards the purchase :grinpimp:

Jordan
03-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah micah, stop being a *****. Man up ya pansy :thefinger:

mikedatiger
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah micah, stop being a *****. Man up ya pansy :thefinger:

don't you have a wedding to go to or something? back at ya :thefinger:

Salty
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
If I were shoppin' for a bote, I would be halfway to Music City by now. That is a good deal, Mike. Personally, I'd rather that Shearwater than a Haynie. I've ridden in both and, being heavier, the Shearwater seems to have a more stable ride. It's got a liner!!!!!!!!!! :) I would consider it a more versatile rig, also. Even though the Haynie might draft shallower for Big Lake, Lake Pontchartrain would eat it alive at times. I'm not dissin' W's bote...it's just a matter of preference.

mikedatiger
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM
If I were shoppin' for a bote, I would be halfway to Music City by now. That is a good deal, Mike. Personally, I'd rather that Shearwater than a Haynie. I've ridden in both and, being heavier, the Shearwater seems to have a more stable ride. It's got a liner!!!!!!!!!! :) I would consider it a more versatile rig, also. Even though the Haynie might draft shallower for Big Lake, Lake Pontchartrain would eat it alive at times. I'm not dissin' W's bote...it's just a matter of preference.

Yeah Salty - I agree with you on all points. Working out logistics on multiple fronts and just waiting for the guy to get back to me. Would be happy with either boat, but this deal is tough to pass up.

"W"
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM

:shaking:

Salty
03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
:shaking:

:*****:

Man, I ain't downin' your bote...that's one fine rig. However, we got some big water on this side of Louisiana and a heavier bote with some azz sure helps out in that "chop". Breton Sound can be a beast in the summer and Lake Pontchartrain and Lake 'Born' ain't no piece of cake. Bustin' it at 60mph just ain't important to me so that's why I said I'd choose the Shearwater......plus that price.

catch.and.fillet
03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
"- Looked at Shearwater, Everglades, Haynie, Ranger, Blue Water, Nautic Star, Triton, Champion, Cape Horn. Haynie's look fast and expensive for a spackled bottom boat. They're proud of the Shearwater. Everglades and Ranger 23 had the Nautic Star type rear console seats that look like a wet ride in a chop with a cross wind. If I had a spare $50k, I'd probably buy the shallow water 21' Shearwater with the wide gunnels and the 250 Verado. Or the Haynie Big Foot." - catch.and.fillet Houston Boat Show Report Jan 2010

Micah - buy the Shearwater. It's a steal at anything less than $40k :smokin:

P.S. - how you're gonna swing owning two boats??? :eek: Ya'll hiring?

mikedatiger
03-31-2010, 01:14 PM
"-
P.S. - how you're gonna swing owning two boats??? :eek: Ya'll hiring?

Depends on how you look in heels :eek:

This deal may never happen - he's Hawaii 5-0. I'm ready to sign...

catch.and.fillet
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Wit my moobs, I'd better go wit a halter top.....:rolleyes:

Salty
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Any update on the deal, Mike. :confused:

mikedatiger
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Any update on the deal, Mike. :confused:

Talked to Hawaii 5-0 and his sis :smokin:Squaring away details, but I have all info I need to get the loan going. Minor issues to iron out, but it is close to a done deal.

Know anyone that wants a nautic star :D

Salty
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Talked to Hawaii 5-0 and his sis :smokin:Squaring away details, but I have all info I need to get the loan going. Minor issues to iron out, but it is close to a done deal.

Know anyone that wants a nautic star :D

Just haul it to Muzik City when you geaux pick up the Shearwater. Leave it there, post it on www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) , knock $10k off the original askin' price and............done deal. :smokin:

mikedatiger
03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Just haul it to Muzik City when you geaux pick up the Shearwater. Leave it there, post it on www.craigslist.com (http://www.craigslist.com) , knock $10k off the original askin' price and............done deal. :smokin:

Nice - hold on and i'll let you run that by my wife - she's over here lining up junk she wants to buy now :eek:

Salty
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
Nice - hold on and i'll let you run that by my wife - she's over here lining up junk she wants to buy now :eek:

:shaking: I'll pass.:rolleyes:

Salty
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Any word yet?

mikedatiger
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Any word yet?

you're worse than josh - lol. loan app in the works. I spoke with yamaha and the dealer who sold the boat originally. motor warranty is through 2013. dealer said that the original owner never even fired it up at the dealership - He just picked it up and drove it away. I found out what the guy paid for it...Really like a brand new rig.

only thing now is dealing with a registration issue. original owner passed away before it could be registered, so I need proof from TN that it in fact wasn't registered.

getting really close now.

fishinpox
04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
you're worse than josh - lol. loan app in the works. I spoke with yamaha and the dealer who sold the boat originally. motor warranty is through 2013. dealer said that the original owner never even fired it up at the dealership - He just picked it up and drove it away. I found out what the guy paid for it...Really like a brand new rig.

only thing now is dealing with a registration issue. original owner passed away before it could be registered, so I need proof from TN that it in fact wasn't registered.

getting really close now.

i dont think a reg. was needed for a boat in 08 i believe last year was the 1st year they started have boat titles the trailer on the other hand was prolly registereg

mikedatiger
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
i dont think a reg. was needed for a boat in 08 i believe last year was the 1st year they started have boat titles the trailer on the other hand was prolly registereg

I have to register boat, motor, and trailer on my end. They should have had at least the boat registered, but the guy passed away before then. We're working it all out. TX requires bill of sale, and registration, but there are work arounds

I spoke with yamaha and warranty transferral is pretty easy...

1st time I ever bought anything with a 1000 of my closest friends!

Big Kahunaz
04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
What's the word? Gonna work out for ya? I hope i can run across a steal like that! Man that's a fine boat!

all star rod
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I have to register boat, motor, and trailer on my end. They should have had at least the boat registered, but the guy passed away before then. We're working it all out. TX requires bill of sale, and registration, but there are work arounds

I spoke with yamaha and warranty transferral is pretty easy...

1st time I ever bought anything with a 1000 of my closest friends!

They are only your friends if you buy the SHEARWATER......:D

mikedatiger
04-04-2010, 09:11 PM
[/B]

They are only your friends if you buy the SHEARWATER......:D

LOL - you're probably right. Getting all of the paperwork ready and loan should be g2g tomorrow.

had two guys look at my boat today, so it might all just work out...

Big Kahunaz
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
LOL - you're probably right. Getting all of the paperwork ready and loan should be g2g tomorrow.

had two guys look at my boat today, so it might all just work out...

Congrats

jpeff31787
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
what size nautic star you have and what do you have pushing it? I can't see the video at work, but i know what shearwaters look like and they are friggin sweet!! Is it the 25ft one? I forgot what it said at the beginning