PDA

View Full Version : venice

fishinpox
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
launched out of cypress cove today 6/12 ran out to breton sound caught a few fish at first stop then shut off ran about 20 miles and stopped at about 15 well heads / rigs ladyfish were thick. finally the tide really started to come in and pushed some cleaner water in. the sound was dirty with the high river 7 miles + out of baptise collet untill the tide pushed some saltier/ cleaner water in. once the tide was with in 1 1/2 hrs of hightide we started to catchin em nothing to big but there were some 3 lbs mixed along with 14-16 inchers. we ended up with 45 specks caught on soft plastic on a 1/4 oz j.h. tightlined and under a cork , mirrodine xl, got a few tail slaps at the top water but nothing flushed the toliet on top!

wtretrievers
06-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Have you tried the Breton Islands? We were hammering them their this time last year.
You go down their for the day or stay somewhere? I was working down their for 2 years up till late July, jus wondering.

fishinpox
06-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Have you tried the Breton Islands? We were hammering them their this time last year.
You go down their for the day or stay somewhere? I was working down their for 2 years up till late July, jus wondering.

yeah we fished the islands the water was dirty there not terribly dirty but i tasted the water and it wasnt as salty as we thought it should be but once the tide came it i got pretty clean and the salinity was better. they just havent been as big and as many trout at the island this year as previous years even last year it was decent but nothing like the year after katrina. as far as staying down there sometimes but most of the time we make suicide runs from baton rouge @ 2 -2:30 am and fish till noon or 3pm depending on what day of the week it is and how traffic will be coming back through new orleans.