PDA

View Full Version : best waterproof lights?

Nasty
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
What do you think is the best lights for the boat trailer? Sealed LEDs or Sealed incandescent? What name brand has been working for you'll?

Jordan
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Big nasty..... the connections corrode real fast on the LED sealed ones.... when i get a few bux saved up, i'll get them to where their up out of the water on my guide posts... my .02

longsidelandry
04-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Big nasty..... the connections corrode real fast on the LED sealed ones.... when i get a few bux saved up, i'll get them to where their up out of the water on my guide posts... my .02
I'm fixing to do the same thing. I wanna get the kits they sell at Academy, it's some pvc rollers with the lights on top.

Jordan
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
yeah.... think im going to make my own...

Ray
04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Sealed LED's are great. Last a lot longer.
When you make the connections, use a shrink type connector.
If you don't, the wires will corrode sooner or later.

adamsfence
04-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Sealed LED's are great. Last a lot longer.
When you make the connections, use a shrink type connector.
If you don't, the wires will corrode sooner or later.

glad your having good luck mine lasted 2 years i took them off and put the cheapos so i could just change them every year and change the bulbs they last almost as long as those leds do

Reel Bender
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
The aluminum trailer I bought 3 years ago had the LED's, ain't had a problem yet, othe than wife breaking the red lense. No problem clear lense underneath and the lights are red.

EPaul
04-03-2010, 10:04 AM
glad your having good luck mine lasted 2 years i took them off and put the cheapos so i could just change them every year and change the bulbs they last almost as long as those leds do

I went through two sets of LED's at about $60 per set. They didn't last any longer than the cheap ones, so now I just use the cheap ones and treat them as though they are disposable.

Jo-boater
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I put a set of Peterson sealed L.E.D.'s on my trailer about 1.5 years ago and have been very pleased with them.

JDd
04-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Dry Launch

Gerald
04-03-2010, 01:44 PM

I installed new mounting brackets a few years ago to keep the lights above the water when launching the boat. Best thing I have done to keep the light working. No more problems and it has been ~ 3 years.