PDA

View Full Version : Went Down Hwy 1 on 4/5 and 4/6

Skee
04-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Monday was real slow only thing biting besides the gnats were small school Trout.
Tuesday morning i headed out early in the marsh. I was fishing for about 20min when i picked up a 26 " Redfish. Then the school trout moved in...Caught close to 50 schoolies, managed 10 keeper trout in the 16" range my biggest one going just shy of 23" at
4 lbs 14oz.....all fish were caught on a wide varity of baits... you would catch a few trout then the bite woulld stop, switch baits and pick up a few more. seemed the later the day got the better the bite was. i left them biting at around noon, i was pretty wore out and was ready for a bed and a bath......

RAGINJROB
04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
good report. when you say fishing down hwy 1, are you just fishing ponds right off the road? I plan on making a trip down there next weekend and have never fished there before.

Dink
04-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Yes, that's what he means

eman
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
More than likely fishing the bayou thunder run.
Put in one time and theres more area than you can cover in a few years plus access to one of the pits.
Lots of drains and ponds.

Skee
04-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Rob what day u goin down ?we maybe can hook up Wednesday or Thursday if u want ....

RAGINJROB
04-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I was thinking Sat, but i will see what I can do. thanks

Garfish
04-13-2010, 09:48 AM
That's a good area for the trout transition from marsh to outside waters in the spring. They are moving with the shrimp and glass minnows. Concentrate on marsh openings to larger bays. As time and water temp progresses, hit the reefs in the bays and the surf should turn on in May.
Watch out for trespassing in the marsh around that area. They'll tell ya to leave. Should be ok if you stay in Bayou Thunder.