PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Bend update 4/9 and 4/10

LPfishnTIM
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I just got back from Toledo Bend last night after fishing for 2 days, It was my first trip there and it defiantly won't be my last. I started fishing Friday morning at about 8:30 til 3:00, me and my fishing partner caught 8 bass, mostly spotted bass. They were all off the shore in about 6 feet of water. After stopping fishing we grabbed a bite to eat and went back to the lodge we were staying. The sun was going down and I thought maybe I could catch some brim behind the lodge which was right next to Lanan park, first cast....bang my crappie cork goes under and it was a spotted bass, I then played around for a few minutes and switched to a gold and black strike king red eye shad. That was the best decision I made the whole trip! I made some long cast and minutes later I probably caught and released 10 or 15 fish while my buddy was throwing a top water plug with red skirted treble hooks that was the bait he caught at least 10 bass! This was what I enjoy catching when fishing!
The next day we launch in turtle bay and fished around that area, It had lots of submerged grass, but where it met the straw type grass that was against the shore was a key area to fish, especially if it was a shaded area. The fish weren't that aggressive but they were there! the bait that attracted all the keepers between me and my fishing partner was a top water plug fished real slow, popping it every 3-5 secs but keeping it close to the area where the two types of grass meet together. A fluke fished the same way will also catch fish right now, those fish were bedding and wouldn't chase a bait but they will go for a easy meal.
I had some real fun, the four hour trip wasn't too bad, I like fishing there I will probably go back this summer after the spawn to do some more fishing.