PDA

View Full Version : Saturday report from Dularge

Finfeatherfur
06-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, I have to report the bad w/ the good, and not all the trips down there are good. We had our 4 boys this weekend so we slept late and cooked a big breakfast playing around the camp until noon, we left and headed to Coon Point. The weather man missed it again and we had some rough seas, so I elected to run through the marsh and go through Dog Lake to ge to the island. Glad I did, because we had some boats that did not fair well this weekend - (see other report)!

We had dirty water just about everywhere except the island. I was amazed at how many dead water lillies we found which is an indication of the high river and west winds which really suck for Dularge area. We ended up w/ 19 very nice trout from the surf which all came on spec rigs in black/chart or LSU. Nice fish, just could not get the sweet spot. Overall, I heard of a few boats that did limit on small fish, but the average catch at the island was 30 fish per boat. The kids have a blast on the island, when they get tired of fishing, they go chase hermit crabs and play on the beach, so it works for the wife and I. Will be back at it for fathers day!

meaux fishing
06-15-2009, 09:49 AM
I was down there...we ended up with 27 only fished till about 11 though cause one of the guys in my boat had to get back. My first time that far south out there. So I figured we didn't do too bad. Fished the west side of the island. All fish were 2-3 lbs. caught on glow/chart with only two throwbacks