PDA

View Full Version : Getting old?? Maybe some of you can relate??

Dink
06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Instead of going fishing this weekend, I decided to drag the kids around on the tube and do some wake boarding...........Boy was that stupid!!! I am now in a cast for 4 to 6 weeks......kids had fun and enjoyed laughing at the "old" guy....It all started with "bet you can't jump a wave"....Maybe I'm not indestrucatable anymore??? Ah well........It was a beautiful weekend to be on the water...........Cheers.......Tim

LittleRob
06-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Dude I hate to here you got broke up, and I've done some things that started with"Hold my beer watch this" and the results were about the same.

huntin fool
06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
i wake board and can jump :) i haven't broke bones yet doing it but...yeh

sorry to hear bout your accident!

Austin(boatman's son)
06-15-2009, 01:29 PM
dont jynx yourself

Finfeatherfur
06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
OOOOOPs! Can't wait to hear this story! BTW- my old 41y/o *** was hurting Sunday just from wade fishing in rough surf!!!

Gerald
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I have a new neighbor that has a ski boat and takes it out often.

I have not skiied in over 20 years and was thinking it would be fun going with him sometime. But hearing the problems you YOUNGSTERS are having, I may have to rethink this idea.

Austin(boatman's son)
06-15-2009, 03:03 PM
my uncle used to barefoot ski, he tried it 2 years ago and screwed up his forearms

Dink
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
The binding let loose of my back foot, board nosed into the next wave. The back of the board swung around (with front foot still securly fastened in) and was now leading the way.........That didn't last long, board ended up hitting me in the shin(front foot still attached) before my spash down.........all in all a good ride.......I lost points on the dismount...........they gave me a score of 3..........

LittleRob
06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
:*****::*****::*****:Well with a score of 3 for the dismount, and you told us and by us I mean alot of people read this,for a bonus of 4 that brings you up to a score of 7 not bad for an old guy.

eman
06-15-2009, 05:55 PM
God said we must grow old . He never said anything about growing up. (case in point: Tim)
I'm 50 and made my first surf trip in years 2 weeks ago . Now i see why they say water therapy is a great
physical therapy. all day in the smooth surf made me hurt enough to say fagetaboutit the next day.

Hopedale Hustler
06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
damn dude...rough..they got the best though