PDA

View Full Version : Shirmp Boat

Armand16
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Fellas, I need a little help. My grandfather passed away and we have inherited quite a few things including a shrimp boat. The boat is in Slidell and I have no clue who to call to get this thing appraised. The paper work is being handled be an attorney so besides that, where do I begin when it comes so selling it? Any help would be appreciated...

fishinpox
04-22-2010, 05:26 PM
talk to catdaddy on here he has a shrimp boat and may be able to point you in the right direction

jchief
04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Is it an aluminum or wooden boat, is it built for shrimping or other just a flat that has all the equipment on it?

swamp snorkler
04-22-2010, 08:15 PM
post some pics, I'll hit it within $1,000

Dink
04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Wonder if you couldn't lease it out? That's what I'd do, then retire on it later......

Marshrat
04-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Get some details as to what size the boat is, material it was built with, motor, equipment on board and pictures if you can get some.

With the way things are with shrimping right now, you will probably be disappointed with what you can get vs. what the boat is actually worth. Two of my uncles just sold there boats, one had a 75' steel hull worth about $500K and sold it for $40K. The other had a 55' wooden hull that was in pristine condition, you could have eaten out of the bilge and only got $25k for it. It would have probably appraised for at least twice that much.

Warren

Armand16
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
It is a fully rigged aluminum boat. I dont know much about it but I havent seen too many shrimp boats bigger than this one. I will scan some pics tonight so yall can see what im talkin about. Thanks for the input!