PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter in the Gulf of Mexico

exspeck big specks
06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
We left Saturday morning around 8:00am from fouchon. Arrived at our first rip around 10:30 about 40 miles out in about 3500 ft. of decent water. Trolled for several hours with no strikes . Then headed south to a big rig named Madusa found a rip there and some cobalt blue water. The rip had litterally mud water on one side and blue water on the other 70 miles off-shore. Started trolling and seeing litterally thousands off chicken dolphin the whole rip, and flying fish in the area so I knew the bite was ready to turn on. Then finally WAM! the left out-rigger snapped and a 30 # dolphin came jumping off the stern. After landing that fish it was one after another for the next few hours- then Steve was realling in a 10lb. dolphin and it was about 20 yards off the back when WAM!! it was like a mack truck hitting a watermellon- I saw the head and bill then the tail slamming down, AWESOME! We let it run for 100 yards then set the hook and no hook up..

When the sun when down we headed to Cajun Express and started slamming huge yellowfin breakinng off on two huge one's at the boat. I hooked and landed one on top water around 30lb.'s Then hooked a monster 100+ easy -handed the rod to Bonsack and he lost it. So we went 1-4 on the tuna. Then the dirty water moved in and the tuna left. So we cruised all night back in to snapper fish at sun-rise. And they were pilled on top of each other in about 130ft. of water.....

Ended with 5 dolphin- 3 -tuna- 8 snapper- 1 -triple tail- one huge marlin lost!!! Fun Trip

speckdaddy
06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
killer . sounds like yall had a blast great catch too. any pics?

"W"
06-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Where the Pics. Mike?

Cajun Elite
06-15-2009, 07:03 PM
i posted them under Fouchon in fishing reports

"W"
06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
i posted them under Fouchon in fishing reports

NOBODY ask U SteveO......:*****::*****::*****:

U fishing 4th of JUly?

Cajun Elite
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM
NOBODY ask U SteveO......:*****::*****::*****:

U fishing 4th of JUly?
I Plan to i have to talk to my team and find out :grinpimp:

huntin fool
06-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I Plan to i have to talk to my team and find out :grinpimp:

can we invite a few texans? are any coming?

Cajun Elite
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
can we invite a few texans? are any coming?
Nate would b the only texan i know

huntin fool
06-15-2009, 09:19 PM

he better bring his allergy medicine this time...cough cough sorry guys :*****:

Cajun Elite
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
he better bring his allergy medicine this time...cough cough sorry guys :*****:
lmao :*****::rotfl::*****:

dbarham
06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
can we invite a few texans? are any coming? why is it always about texas fool? ***:grinpimp:

dbarham
06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
good maybe he will fire someone under 5 ft overboard!

exspeck big specks
06-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know what is wrong with these pictures, I took them on my I-Phone, Sorry guys....

Man that blue water fishing is addicting, it is all I have been thinking about since I got back- seeing a 400# marlin come up behind the boat and spearing a chicken dolphin is fueling that inspiration... considering calling in sick on Friday to go back- THIS FISHING WILL BE THE DEATH OF MY CAREER!!!

MulletBreath
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't know what is wrong with these pictures, I took them on my I-Phone, Sorry guys....

Man that blue water fishing is addicting, it is all I have been thinking about since I got back- seeing a 400# marlin come up behind the boat and spearing a chicken dolphin is fueling that inspiration... considering calling in sick on Friday to go back- THIS FISHING WILL BE THE DEATH OF MY CAREER!!!

yeah its only a matter of time til you give it all up to become "the old man and the sea" !!!