PDA

View Full Version : Butte la Rose, Whiskey bay or Ramah?

wtretrievers
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Anybody have any reports? On the bridge & the water is beautiful.

Gerald
04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Whiskey bay and Ramah are ~8 mile apart.........but just on either end of the area.

People fish along the piling or the bank for Sac's and maybe a bass or two.

King's ditch run-out can be a good spot if the water is falling.....which it should be doing now.

The water in Henderson Swamp area may still be a little high. The Atchafalaya river is at 12+ feet but has fallen 3 feet in the the past 10 days.

wtretrievers
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks Gerald........I know all about it fished it for many years. Just going across the bridge earlier & the water was beautiful. Has been muddy on the Henderson side. Just haven't fished it in awhile, thought about going, was wondering if anybody has heard anything about it in the past week.

Montauk17
04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I use to smoke the sacalait at the whiskey bay exit fishing the pilings. Crawfish colored tube jigs with crappie nibbles pumped into the jig. I would use two jig poles and troll with my trolling motor set on low. I heard they are catching bream over there right now. Save some for me :D

jpeff31787
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
heard they were catching a few sacalait at whiskey bay but all small and they were catching lots of small bass 4-10 inches on sacalait jigs

Country Boy
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I use to smoke the sacalait at the whiskey bay exit fishing the pilings. Crawfish colored tube jigs with crappie nibbles pumped into the jig. I would use two jig poles and troll with my trolling motor set on low. I heard they are catching bream over there right now. Save some for me :Dsame here, we used to go out there and troll the pilings also and would catch a little bit of everything, when the fishing was'nt good in other places we could always catch at whisky bay trolling the pilings, talking about that we might have to make a trip.

Opinions_Vary
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM
A friend and I went about 2 weeks ago. We caught about 10 bass in an afternoon and 1 tiny sac. and a choupique. Only 1 bass would have kept, it should be really good next year if we don't have a storm this season. Oh and everything was caught south of I-10 and the water level at Pelba was about 14.5'