PDA

View Full Version : Kayak

Castaway
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
I am trying to get into fishing with a yak. I am trying to find a tandem one for my son and I to fish. I have been looking all over at new ones. Does anyone know where I can maybe find a used one.

Sea-Trac Offshore
04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Check out bckfc.org, kayakfishingstuff.com, craigslist for your area.

How much does your son weigh? The reason I ask most tandems are hard to paddle when alone. If he is small I would look at the x factor or stealth from Malibu as their hatch has a seat built in for young ones. If old enough to paddle check out Native Watercraft's boats the Magic or the Ultimate.

Castaway
04-26-2010, 03:00 PM
He's right around 50 lbs. He has been fishing with me since he was 3. He is 7 now. He might just learn how to paddle..lol

Sea-Trac Offshore
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah time for him to start paddling so you can sit back and fish! Take a look at the Native boats I mentioned. Those can be used for 1 or 2 people and paddle well even with one person. They are very stable and the most comfortable seat around.

flounderpounder
05-25-2010, 09:38 PM
sometimes there's some for sale on the LKFC forum at www.lafayettekayakfishing.com. Pack and Paddle in lafayette has demo sales around Sept of every year. They also have a poster board at the store entrance.