PDA

View Full Version : offshore deck hand

yak'em-n-stack'em
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
anyone know any charter capts, looking for a deckhand?
im graduating in may and need a full time job. or as close to full time as i can find. and i cant find an offshore oil job that fits my degree
I would love to get offshore doing charter fishing, so any leads will help.

Thanks a bunch guys

Raymond
04-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Yak, if you really want to see the world, I would try to hire on with a private individual that has his own boat/yatch. Try the serious blue water boards such as Viking, American, ect. they might have some one on there looking for help. Costa Rica is the summer spot for most of the serious $$$$ and not a bad gig if you ask me. A big plus is the fact that you will be rubbin elbows with guys that have net worths from 5 mill up and might help in the future job market.

Just a Thought

B-Stealth
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Good thought Raymond if you end up in Venice you will be taking low rent suckas like me.

Raymond
04-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Good thought Raymond if you end up in Venice you will be taking low rent suckas like me.

You know that is not what I meant:shaking: Which would you prefer Venice Marina or Tropic Star??? Both gigs would be a good networking tool for the future.

jpeff31787
04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
i'm with yak em.. that would be an awesome job.. or if ya'll know anyone who wants to run another boat. I got a boat and would love to help run clients around. I'm not too bad of a fisherman, pretty sure i can find some fish

B-Stealth
04-28-2010, 08:17 AM
You know that is not what I meant:shaking: Which would you prefer Venice Marina or Tropic Star??? Both gigs would be a good networking tool for the future.

Yes Raymond, I know exactly what you mean. I was just being sarcastic, single man just out of college ==============
Tropic Star. :fireworks::rocker: