PDA

View Full Version : Rage tail products?

huntin fool
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
any of yall ever use the rage tail shad or any of the top water baits? have they worked well? i just seen a KVD t.v promo on rage tail products and they looked pretty good for top water, any help appreciated. :)

Trent Buxton
06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
i got a few rage tail craws that I use in the spring with no weight in the shallows. I think they are w-red coffee flavored. Did fine with them. I finesse some with them but nothing overwhelming great. Its all about the situation I guess.

LittleRob
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
They are awesome I use toad, worm, and shad, they make a butt load of noise, now i don't like the worm, just me, they suggest a large hook I tired a 4 o, missed alot of fish, switched to 5o then 5o wide gap and that worked for me. Forgot that's fishing in the marsh alot of grass

Karl
06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I've used the shad some. I was actually pretty disappointed with the amount of noise it made or should I say lack of noise. Might work okay as a subtler substitute for a buzzbait, or in heavy grass/lily pads. Still haven't hooked a bass with it yet, but had a couple little ones blow up on it. But I haven't been fishing with it on a day, when they were actually biting.