PDA

View Full Version : Killing big fish?

Purple Back
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
make it 1 fish IMO.....why do you need a stringer of big fish? Can't talk about trying to conserve the big ones and do a 3 or 5 fish stringer IMO.

Just wondering, how many fish do you think the star tourney kills every year?

How many yoyo's without a scale bring in 4 and 5 lb trout because they thought it was a 8 lber.

I am quite sure someone could make the arguement that 10 times the amount of fish are killed every year in the star than compared to any other tourney, not just in big lake but all over the state.

Is that what you call conservation?

Does this make CCA an oxymoron?

Just to clarify this is not me bashing the CCA, personally I like what CCA stands for, but practice what you preach!

Jordan
04-27-2010, 02:06 PM
my .02..... if you ***** enough, your just *****ing... if you dont like to kill big fish, put them in my cooler, i'll kill 'em. I fish for the meat... I only fish a double handful of times per year. Until you start paying my boat insurance/bill, fuel bill, and buying my tackle, then i'll release 8lb trout. Til then... **** off !!!

Not meaning this towards anyone.... just saying

Done ranting...

cmdrost
04-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Far Too many! BUT.....CCA finally this year, thanks to many in LC area, is instituting a catch & release format for trout for STAR only on Big Lake

.....and thanks to me, CCA adopted catch & release for the trout shoot out about 5 years ago, which at the time, wasn't a very popular move.

And we know you aren't bashing CCA, but me, but its ok, I can take it. My conservative ways don't go over too well on this board.

And as far as the yo-yos that think a 4 lber is an 8, that will never change. You have trophy hunters who know the difference and will always have some who don't know any better.

I don't knock them, its their fish they caught and its their choice of what to do with it. It is our responsibility as an organization (CCA) to give the angler the option if they want to keep it alive to fight another day.

longsidelandry
04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
my .02..... if you ***** enough, your just *****ing... if you dont like to kill big fish, put them in my cooler, i'll kill 'em. I fish for the meat... I only fish a double handful of times per year. Until you start paying my boat insurance/bill, fuel bill, and buying my tackle, then i'll release 8lb trout. Til then... **** off !!!

Done ranting...
Yea, what he said!

Purple Back
04-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Far Too many! BUT.....CCA finally this year, thanks to many in LC area, is instituting a catch & release format for trout for STAR only on Big Lake

.....and thanks to me, CCA adopted catch & release for the trout shoot out about 5 years ago, which at the time, wasn't a very popular move.

And we know you aren't bashing CCA, but me, but its ok, I can take it. My conservative ways don't go over too well on this board.

And as far as the yo-yos that think a 4 lber is an 8, that will never change. You have trophy hunters who know the difference and will always have some who don't know any better.

I don't knock them, its their fish they caught and its their choice of what to do with it. It is our responsibility as an organization (CCA) to give the angler the option if they want to keep it alive to fight another day.

2 things:

#1) I am not bashing you are the orginazation, so quit feeling sorry for yourself. I support the CCA and you, but do not act like these little tourneys we hold are any worse than the star.

#2) You say it is your responsibility to give the angler the option, I am confused, didn't you just complain about us having a tourney in big lake because it is killing all the big fish?:confused:

specktator
04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
4-7 lbs I'll turn loose. How bout that?

Jordan
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm keeping 'em from 12"----39"

Purple Back
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm keeping 'em from 12"----39"

Now thats what I am talking about.:D

specktator
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
But I have never caught one over 4 lbs in big lake in my life!

speckdaddy
04-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Pass da popcorn. Its gettin good.

Jordan
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
This is a pointless conversation. Let the ****ing angler make the decision. If he wants to keep a 8" trout, let him. Starting to sound like a buncha elementary school kids. Go plant a garden or something!

all star rod
04-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Remember this famous comment "You will never "FISH OUT" Big Lake with a rod n reel!":D

meaux fishing
04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
i will eat em all...

speckdaddy
04-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Remember this famous comment "You will never "FISH OUT" Big Lake with a rod n reel!":D

Who said this. Please. Tell us. Thank you asr

Jordan
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Ohhhhh I know I know !!!!!! Pick me, pick me !

"W"
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM
It all boils down to the angler........STAR or NO STAR........... The person who thinks a 4 or 5lber is a 8...Would of keep that fish anyway....
Like this last Wed..... Guy I know very well...he does not saltwater fish that much, pulls up to the landing while Im leaving...I ask how he did,,, Guys says we caught a few reds and one huge speck about 7 or 8lbs........ Now Im like Damn I have to see this one.... I grab my Boga and walk to his boat..........Flip the lid and almost piss my self *****..... I told him I will weight it but its no 7 or 8... Maybe 3 best 4...... Boga put it at 4lbs even...... Like I said if a yo yo catches a big fish they will keep it...its there nature

speckdaddy
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Jordan fer two points. Name please

BossHog
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Killem all!!!!

Jordan
Dubbya. A.k.a MR Big Lake... A.k.a troll....a.k.a tool. The list goes on and on

LaAngler
I will weight it but its no 7 or 8... Maybe 3 best 4...... Boga put it at 4lbs even...... Like I said if a yo yo catches a big fish they will keep it...its there nature

:confused:

Jordan
04-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Thanks ya. I'm back on the pro-staff ?

speckdaddy
04-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks ya. I'm back on the pro-staff ?

Ya never left

Jordan
04-27-2010, 03:16 PM
:thefinger: D. Don't make me break ya hip !

specktator
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Like this one time I was loading my boat up and caught about 15 fish or so. Guy walks up and asks if I want a trout since it was only one he caught. I said sure if u don't want it. Pulls it out the ice chest and it's 5+ lbs. Put it on scale at home and it was 5 1/4.

Purple Back
04-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I really don't care who keeps what, but drost preaching to us about killing the fish is the biggest hypocritical statement someone could make, when the Star tourney kills more fish a year than any tourney in the US. Please....... I don't wanna hear that crap.

specktator
04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
I really don't care who keeps what, but drost preaching to us about killing the fish is the biggest hypocritical statement someone could make, when the Star tourney kills more fish a year than any tourney in the US. Please....... I don't wanna hear that crap.

I'm not disagreeing with u but does the star really weigh in that many trout?

huntin fool
04-27-2010, 03:21 PM
yall some greedy mudda shut my mouth..
Don't any of yall just fish for fun? dang...

Asterisk-Rich
04-27-2010, 03:23 PM
i would have to let a big one go to see another day

BossHog
04-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah i agree withya on that

BossHog
04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
i would have to let a big one go to see another day
Put it on your wall and you can see it everyday

Purple Back
04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm not disagreeing with u but does the star really weigh in that many trout?

Yea, you just don't hear about it. They only show the top three leaders at that time. I think you are missing my point, I do not diagree with having the star, I think it generates alot of money for a good cause.

What I do diagree with is the statement drost made about these tourneys being held. The 20 or so fish above 23" that will be killed in one of these little local tourneys amounts to nothing on the Star. Kinda of reminds me of that ole sayin "Do as I say, not as I do"!

LaAngler
04-27-2010, 03:32 PM
but practice what you preach!

last i checked they do, the shootout is a one fish, live bonus format

Trophytroutman asked people's opinions, and he got them. It's not like these guys started the STAR, they are trying to change the rules for the better.
Now IMHO, CCA has earned any bashing they get by all means.

jpeff31787
04-27-2010, 03:44 PM
yall some greedy mudda shut my mouth..
Don't any of yall just fish for fun? dang...

right here bud.. only reason i keep fish is cuz my dad would rip my head off if i didn't.. I'd rather throw them back. We have 4 freezers full at the house we don't need any more and if we would ever need some i know how and where to find them

longsidelandry
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
right here bud.. only reason i keep fish is cuz my dad would rip my head off if i didn't.. I'd rather throw them back. We have 4 freezers full at the house we don't need any more and if we would ever need some i know how and where to find them
I'm not bashing you or anyone else here but just want to point something out. Alot of people say "I don't keep any fish I catch, I release them all to swim another day because I have all the fish I want at home" I have a question, how did you get all the fish you want at home? Do you go buy fish at the store to load up your freezer then pay out the anal cavity to put gas in your boat to just go out and pull a fish up then throw it back in? I'm sorry but if I'm paying damn near $3 a gallon to put gas in my boat, I'm going to keep, kill and grill EVERY legal fish I put my hands on no matter who cries or moans and groans about it! Sorry but this is just the way I feel about this whole issue. If you want to throw every fish back that you catch then I'm happy for you. But don't go around trying to make everybody and their momma do it too, especially when alot of us aren't lucky enough to have the opportunity to get out on the water as much as others.

fishmaster911
04-27-2010, 04:02 PM
I keep a few to eat every now and then ! Tag and release the rest !!!!!!

Jordan
04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
well said ross...

Asterisk-Rich
04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Purposely killing a big fish in my opinion is like killing a breeder buck

cmdrost
04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
man on man......look I was simply stating my opinion in the other thread. Thats all. I wasn't preaching to you or anyone on what to do with your fish. Trophy trout man asked for opinions on stinger size, I gave mine, thats all!

Keep em, kill em, grill em....I really don't care what you do. To call me a hypocrite is down right funny.

BossHog
04-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Purposely killing a big fish in my opinion is like killing a breeder buck
So whats next yall gonna try and tell us when shouldnt shoot big deer?

Jordan
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
this **** is starting to sound like Louisiana Sportsman with all the *****ing.... grow up or dont hunt or fish.... From my buddy speckdaddy..... **** 'em

specktator
04-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Like " shooting a breeder buck" is a little much. Ppl pay $1000s for those. U can't compare trout to deer.

FF_T_Warren
04-27-2010, 04:36 PM
When are homemade biologist going to stop worrying about the fish population and leave it up to the experts. You aint putting a dent in the fish population with your rod and reel. you just helping keep things in balance. Now go out there and fish, have fun, and quit worrying about keeping a few hundred 5lb trout a year it aint hurting nothing.

Asterisk-Rich
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Like " shooting a breeder buck" is a little much. Ppl pay $1000s for those. U can't compare trout to deer.

Notice the part that says " in my opinion"

Asterisk-Rich
04-27-2010, 04:49 PM
So whats next yall gonna try and tell us when shouldnt shoot big deer?

Nope...no more big deer for you. I'm sending a letter to the ldwf as we speak...

cmdrost
04-27-2010, 04:50 PM

Most people over look that part on here.....then get all pissy and voice THEIR opinion of your opinion......:rotfl:

BayouFX4
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not bashing you or anyone else here but just want to point something out. Alot of people say "I don't keep any fish I catch, I release them all to swim another day because I have all the fish I want at home" I have a question, how did you get all the fish you want at home? Do you go buy fish at the store to load up your freezer then pay out the anal cavity to put gas in your boat to just go out and pull a fish up then throw it back in? I'm sorry but if I'm paying damn near $3 a gallon to put gas in my boat, I'm going to keep, kill and grill EVERY legal fish I put my hands on no matter who cries or moans and groans about it! Sorry but this is just the way I feel about this whole issue. If you want to throw every fish back that you catch then I'm happy for you. But don't go around trying to make everybody and their momma do it too, especially when alot of us aren't lucky enough to have the opportunity to get out on the water as much as others.

QFT

"W"
04-27-2010, 04:58 PM
My Opinion is **** and FISH>............Keep or let it go........WHO CARES

specktator
04-27-2010, 05:03 PM

lol ok negg@

Ray
04-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I fish to eat them. I am like Ross, if'n I put money into a boat, I wanna bring something home. Fishing is fun, I know I will never catch enuff fish to pay for the boat, but I have fun. If I don't break any laws, then it is no one's business what I do with MY fish.
I release plenty of Hardheads. I am a conservationist.

CatDaddy
04-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Opinions are like anal holes.... everyone has one.. and they all stank....

CatDaddy
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I fish to eat them. I am like Ross, if'n I put money into a boat, I wanna bring something home. Fishing is fun, I know I will never catch enuff fish to pay for the boat, but I have fun. If I don't break any laws, then it is no one's business what I do with MY fish.

Bruh..... give them hardheads to Jordan!!!

longcast
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM
lets fish

meaux fishing
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
i agree ray... i release every hardhead and gaftop i catch... I also release big reds, drum, and illegal fish so i practice my own form of conservation... all the rest of you know-it-alls that cry when people keep big fish go whine about it on a Texas board with the other people that care...

A man that has a masters degree in MARINE BIOLOGY told me that the number of big fish a year that get caught is minuscule compared to the number of them out there; and that the real breeding stock is the smaller trout although they carry less eggs than the big one there are many more of them. So maybe we should really be releasing the small trout and only keep the big ones...that would seem to follow with some of you guys logic.

Will"E"Fish
04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I diffently agree with the right to harvest whatever's with in the the law. So where's all the post of all these big fish and all these limit's fish. Isn't that what this site's purpose is suppose to be? Are is this bashing just something that we do because the fishing sucs?

speckdaddy
04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
this **** is starting to sound like Louisiana Sportsman with all the *****ing.... grow up or dont hunt or fish.... From my buddy speckdaddy..... **** 'em
***** yup yup:D

all star rod
04-27-2010, 07:42 PM
My Opinion is **** and FISH>............Keep or let it go........WHO CARES

I agree 110%.......
Problem is the WADE fisherman want the bag limit to be as little as possible. That way, less people will buy boats; in turn, less people on the water which makes it easier for the wade fisherman. I would not own a boat if the limit was 5 fish!
Also, I guess deer hunters should not kill that trophy buck......

adamsfence
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Wow asr agrees with w.

"W"
04-27-2010, 08:07 PM
It does seem like waders want smaller limits and boat fishing guys like them the way they are....... We all have our own right to a opinion..... So limit is the limit.......take it or leave it.......Thats your call

Asterisk-Rich
04-27-2010, 08:31 PM
i want to bring 15 fish home EVERYTIME i go to big lake...if one of them that i catch would EVER be a 5-9#er i would take pics and measurements and let it go. JUST MY OPINION.SHOOT ALL THE BIG BUCKS YOU WANT.KILL ALL THE BIG TROUT THAT YOU CAN...as long as your within your legal limit i see nothing wrong with it.

exspeck big specks
04-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Also, the past three years I have fished the Trout Shootout the majority of the fish that were brought were alive! very surprising.

Especially last year I believe 6 or 7 of the top ten fish were released. That tourney REWARDS anglers for live trout brought in and weighed alive. This is a conservation based tourney-to raise money for our estuary, very good cause.

trophytroutman
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow!Did I start this?

B-Stealth
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
These CCA bashing threads are retarted. This is a CCA bashing thread I can read.

Let me ask you 1 question WHO ELSE IS LOBBYING AND SPEAKING FOR THE RIGHTS OF THE FISHERMAN?

Why dont you try to help the cause in a constructive manner instead of demonizing its efforts?

fishinpox
04-27-2010, 10:31 PM
when i catch fish and im hungry ill keep em , if someone ( family or friends) asks me to keep em for them cuz they dont have any sure ill keep them . i always used to keep a freeze full then i noticed by june i would still have fish from the previous july and that was with me giving away the majority i catch as well as eating a ton of fish. so for me i try throw it back if its not gonna get eatin by that week by me or who ever i give it to. as far as the big fish thing to me big trout and reds dont taste as good as the 12-14 and 16-18in reds so i try to throw em back but if you are fishing with me and wanna keep it , hey thats all on you im not here topoint the finger. sure i have fish mounted on the wall , if i catch a 9lb trout will i eat it no way , will it mount it prolly not id just get a replica made. im no bioligst but the thing ive heard is them 8-9 lb trout are on their last leg that not always but the fight of being caught messes w them bigens, that most dont live much longer, knowing this will that stop me from throwing it back? no . but like i said this is me and i dont look down on anyone who is within thier legal limits , that is your right .

Ray
04-28-2010, 05:43 AM
I keep a couple meals of trout in the freezer, that's all. This past winter, I ran out due to the cold and fresh water, but I had plenty of Flounder to cover us for the winter.
If CCA pushes to drop the limits, and succeeds, I will fish more days and fill the freezer up. I have plenty of time off the way I work. It's a public water, public fish. Drop the limit one more time in Big Lake and not the rest of the state and I will keep every fish, every day I fish, no matter the size, and post pictures on every fishing forum on the internet. I don't target big fish, if I catch one, it is luck. If I want to eat it or release it, that is my choice.
It's bull***** to keep crying about the limits on Big Lake and not the rest of the state.
Everyone has an agenda/opinion, but don't push them on me.
I support CCA, that is also my choice. If I want to catch fish, that's my choice. If I want to eat fish, that's my choice.

Jordan
04-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I keep a couple meals of trout in the freezer, that's all. This past winter, I ran out due to the cold and fresh water, but I had plenty of Flounder to cover us for the winter.
If CCA pushes to drop the limits, and succeeds, I will fish more days and fill the freezer up. I have plenty of time off the way I work. It's a public water, public fish. Drop the limit one more time in Big Lake and not the rest of the state and I will keep every fish, every day I fish, no matter the size, and post pictures on every fishing forum on the internet. I don't target big fish, if I catch one, it is luck. If I want to eat it or release it, that is my choice.
It's bull***** to keep crying about the limits on Big Lake and not the rest of the state.
Everyone has an agenda/opinion, but don't push them on me.
I support CCA, that is also my choice. If I want to catch fish, that's my choice. If I want to eat fish, that's my choice.

ray pretty much said.... :thefinger: 'em

longsidelandry
04-28-2010, 08:06 AM
ray pretty much said.... :thefinger: 'em
:thefinger: 'em and feed 'em fish heads!!

jpeff31787
04-28-2010, 08:08 AM

looka here bud... I didn't say or try to persuade anyone to throw their fish back. All i said is that I'd rather not keep them. I never mentioned why. And just to let you all know, it is because I don't like cleaning fish and I dont even like the taste of fish. I just enjoy the challenge of figuring out what makes them bite and enjoy bringing them into the boat to look at. I don't give a crap if you keep them, as you can see we keep A LOT of fish ourself and only like i said before "my dad would rip my head off if i wouldnt" because he loves fish and hosting big fish fries at the house. And just to let you know the money we spend fishing is the money we don't spend on drinking or any other activities. We strictly fish and thats it.

So chill the hell out!! dangit!:work:

Jordan
04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
whoa, jermey.... get a grabbit glove and grab that wad outta ya panties !!!!

jpeff31787
04-28-2010, 08:19 AM
whoa, jermey.... get a grabbit glove and grab that wad outta ya panties !!!!

hey bro i'm good... just these stupid debates on what to keep and not to keep aggravate the crap out of me.

I felt like i was used as an example so i cleared that up, right quick

CatDaddy
04-28-2010, 08:38 AM
CatDaddy dont be killin no big feeshes like dat no....

Purple Back
04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Wow!Did I start this?

Yea,....... and I would have left it alone if I would have known this would escalate the way it did.
Oh well, I will be at the CCA banquet in Lake Charles, supporting them and giving them my money because as stated before I believe what they do is for a good cause. I always did!
However, I am not what you would call a conservasionist, but I try.
I would love to keep all the fish I catch, but I don't, I hope that in some way by me letting a 6 lb trout go it makes a difference.
Drost, I retract my comment of you being a hypocrite, did not want to offend you. I meant CCA's concerns and actions can sometimes be misleading.

CatDaddy
04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Yea,....... and I would have left it alone if I would have known this would escalate the way it did.
Oh well, I will be at the CCA banquet in Lake Charles, supporting them and giving them my money because as stated before I believe what they do is for a good cause. I always did!
However, I am not what you would call a conservasionist, but I try.
I would love to keep all the fish I catch, but I don't, I hope that in some way by me letting a 6 lb trout go it makes a difference.
Drost, I retract my comment of you being a hypocrite, did not want to offend you. I meant CCA's concerns and actions can sometimes be misleading.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant everyone else follow?

Jordan
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
no.... **** 'em

speckdaddy
04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
no.... **** 'em

Lmao. Beware the ban hammer son. Beware

Ray
04-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Lmao. Beware the ban hammer son. Beware

He has been sent to banned camp before...

Jordan
04-28-2010, 10:48 AM
aint the first.... :thefinger:

Montauk17
04-28-2010, 11:01 AM
This is turning into a pissing match,who cares.....keep them or dont keep them.

Jordan
04-28-2010, 11:05 AM
if they dont like my actions, they can suck my left one !!

B-Stealth
04-28-2010, 11:06 AM
if they dont like my actions, they can suck my left one !!

I can feel my IQ dropping every time you post Jordan.

Jordan
04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
sorry you feel that way, you can ignore me if you like, its free... take this with ya... :thefinger:

B-Stealth
04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
sorry you feel that way, you can ignore me if you like, its free... take this with ya... :thefinger:

Wow, the class you bring you to this site is second to none.

Jordan
04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
sorry, but i believe u ciriticized me first.... im friends with everyone....

Salty
04-28-2010, 11:29 PM
This thread, like all the others before it and any that are to follow, is a major "waist" of bandwidth.

adamsfence
04-29-2010, 08:05 AM
This thread, like all the others before it and any that are to follow, is a major "waist" of bandwidth.

no worse than you stirring the pot about lsu......:work::shaking:

Salty
04-29-2010, 08:09 AM
no worse than you stirring the pot about lsu......:work::shaking:

At least I back it up with facts......:work: :smokin:

kcinnick
05-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Since when is there a shortage of trout? They have been plentiful my entire life so I don't know if there as a point in time that south Louisiana didn't have trout???

dmouton272
05-22-2010, 04:18 PM
:help: