PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Orders Emergency Opening of White Shrimp Season

longsidelandry
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
SECRETARY OF WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES JUST ORDERED AN EMERGENCY OPENING OF THE WHITE SHRIMP SEASON IN LOUISIANA. The Order goes from Vermillion Bay all the way east excluding the Mouth of the Mississippi River. Check everything with your local authorities. I was asked by a friend at the capital to spread the word. Tight Lines! Daniel Miers Rowdyfish Media Louisiana-Offshore.com Texas-Offshore.com admin@Louisiana-Offshore.com

LaAngler
04-29-2010, 11:10 AM
this sux

SULPHITE
04-29-2010, 11:26 AM
dude this sucks...we have a trip scheduled for chandeluer islands in the fall...wonder how this is gonna affect it...damn....

jpeff31787
04-29-2010, 11:37 AM
doesn't look good at all for any shoreline in the gulf

fishinpox
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
dude this sucks...we have a trip scheduled for chandeluer islands in the fall...wonder how this is gonna affect it...damn....

i fish those island at least 2 times a week in the spring and summer !! this dosnt suck it REALLY REALLY SUCKS!! but hey what do i know im not a biologist . cant be good though

yak'em-n-stack'em
04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
i saw two shrimpers are already filing a class action law suit for 5 million in damages.......

i would think that you would have to wait till after things are damaged before you could file a lawsuit

Dink
04-29-2010, 12:16 PM
i saw two shrimpers are already filing a class action law suit for 5 million in damages.......

i would think that you would have to wait till after things are damaged before you could file a lawsuit

Not in todays world bud..........I drew up papers just the other day before i went to the barber, just in case he messed up my hair, or nicked an ear..........

speckdaddy
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Not in todays world bud..........I drew up papers just the other day before i went to the barber, just in case he messed up my hair, or nicked an ear..........

*****. Omg. My sides hurtin

yak'em-n-stack'em
04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
this should be good news for our prostaff,

early shrimping season means early fishing season for him

SULPHITE
04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
this should be good news for our prostaff,

early shrimping season means early fishing season for him

bet hes loading the boat as we type! :rotfl:

Salty
04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
i fish those island at least 2 times a week in the spring and summer !! this dosnt suck it REALLY REALLY SUCKS!! but hey what do i know im not a biologist . cant be good though

I think it's a bit more serious than this. It really sucks for the people who make a living along that part of Louisiana's coastline.

SULPHITE
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Salty...No doubt...we can't even comprehend what is going to happen yet. Just don't want to see a beautiful place like the chandies to get covered in oil.

fishinpox
04-29-2010, 05:11 PM
I think it's a bit more serious than this. It really sucks for the people who make a living along that part of Louisiana's coastline.

i agree 100% these guys have it hard enough down there w/o this

yak'em-n-stack'em
04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
good thing is, what no one is telling you

is this is louisiana sweet crude.

not the black tar crap that the valdez was carrying.

and remember, 1 ounce of oil can make a sheen the size of a football field just about.

yes it is bad, i know someone who works in the gov. office and they are staging for this weekend, but still

FF_T_Warren
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm sure we haven't even began to see what this is about to become. If they don't get it shut down soon, the wind is eventually going to shift and Grand Isle is gonna get an oil bath over the whole place. You know what that is going to do to that place. Your talking prime tourist time starting up within the next month or so and if they don't get a handle on this soon, that whole island will be a ghost town this summer. Not to mention all the revenue that it brings in for the state and local people. This is going to be a nightmare

FF_T_Warren
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I'd like to know how they misjudged the leak by 168,000 gallons a day. I mean for the past few days we've been told 42,000gallons/day then today they tell us it's bigger than they thought 210,000gallons/day. Now thats an awful big screw up. did they know all along it was that much?

longsidelandry
04-29-2010, 08:46 PM
I'd like to know how they misjudged the leak by 168,000 gallons a day. I mean for the past few days we've been told 42,000gallons/day then today they tell us it's bigger than they thought 210,000gallons/day. Now thats an awful big screw up. did they know all along it was that much?
Can you look at something bubbling up from under the water and tell exactly or even anywhere in the neighborhood of how much is coming up to the surface? It's called an estimate for that very reason, they're estimating how much it is. There's no way of really telling how much is coming up from the bottom.