PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Trout

outdoorsman
05-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Just knocked off of work in Homer City, PA. Gonna try my hand at some fly fishing for rainbow trout.:D Hope I can bring them in.

Jordan
05-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Homer city? Salty gotta city named after him now? :thefinger: good luck outdoorsman

longsidelandry
05-01-2010, 06:32 PM
PA!!! That's a far way from Erath! I can't make out your face in your avatar, what's your name? I'm from Delcambre, Ross Landry.

wtretrievers
05-01-2010, 07:20 PM
They used to stock Ponds at some of the BREC parks in Baton Rouge in the late fall. People were catching them on whole kernal corn. ????

specktator
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I caught a few in Colorado on regular rod and reel with some small spinners. I was out there elk hunting. And it was all I had. I fished for about an hour and finally caught a couple. I could see them everywhere just couldn't get them to bite. I was talking to the land owners son I was looking at the lake. I said "what yall go in the pond? Bass, brim, sacalait?" he looked at me like I was stupid. He said "no man it's rainbow trout." before he could finish I was already running down there. I had never caught one before.

outdoorsman
05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
PA!!! That's a far way from Erath! I can't make out your face in your avatar, what's your name? I'm from Delcambre, Ross Landry.
My name is Nick Vincent. Orig from Abbeville.

Hooked onto one, after what seamed like forever trying to get them to bite. That sucker broke off. :cry::cry: **** 4lb test line, I would just about kill for some 17lb power pro. Gonna give them a try in the AM if the rain will hold off. Bowfishing would be great onthese waters.

iron man
05-01-2010, 10:27 PM
went to Flippin, Arkansas (yes its a real town, look it up) about a year ago and caught a few on whole kernel corn, we then made the switch to some powerbait power balls, and we tore them up. best fishing ive done in a while. we fished with 6 and 8 pound test on regular old spinnin reels. we were told us coonasses wudn't going to catch anything, but we caught like 50 fish the whole day (limit is 5 between 10 of us) we wound up with like 150 fish in 3 days.

Rip-a-lip
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
me,my dad,and my dad friend go to the white river in arkansas and we get a guide and we go fishin for rainbow trout .we put a powerbait and some corn on the hook ,then he takes a handfull of corn and throws it ,then you cast into the corn ,set your pole down and when it starts shakin rip his lip.

outdoorsman
05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Picked up some lures at the local Wal-Mart and headed to a few creeks to fish. Managed to catch some sunfish, and a coupple of sacilat, but no trout. a fella just upstream from me cought a 17" rainbow trout. I just couldn't get one to swollow my hook. Got tired of being wet and headed back to the hotel. I am headded back home on Saturday, so I will try to get in a little more fishing during the week.

outdoorsman
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Will pick up somw whole corn!!!!!!

Rip-a-lip
05-02-2010, 04:36 PM
if you can get some powerbaits.

iron man
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
powerbaits work wonders....we were the only people that day on the white river tied up to a branch on the bank and casted where a river met the white river and caught about 50 fish in 3 hours. we stayed at gastons...real nice accomodations, beautiful scenery, good food, friendly.

Rip-a-lip
05-03-2010, 09:15 PM
i forgot where we stayed.