SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Together for Tipper Fundraiser (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3773)

eman 12-11-2009 11:35 AM

Tipper

Hey Ross,
How many do we have cooking now?
I'm bringing the tarp, my pit ,a couple of chairs and knives and cutting board. Do we have a table or two?
Let me know today if there's anything else that i need to bring???
Will be leaving B.R. around 5:30 am sat. heading your way.
Everybody bring your rain gear.

longsidelandry 12-11-2009 11:53 AM

I'll be bringing a table but you can go ahead and bring yours incase we should need it. We're only going to be 3 cooking so we won't be entering the seafood category. We are setting everything up right now.

eman 12-11-2009 12:40 PM

tipper

I don't have an outside table ,:(
will i be able to drive up to unload my stuff early tomorrow am???

longsidelandry 12-11-2009 01:03 PM

Yep you sure will

longsidelandry 12-11-2009 10:40 PM

Well, tomorrow is the big day and I think it will be a great day!!! The rain might catch up to us but everything will be on concrete and under a covered pavilion. There will be great entertainment starting at noon until 10 PM tomorrow night with live and silent auctions and all the food you can eat!! Ya'll come down to Delcambre and have a good time for a great cause!!!

Deadly D 12-11-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 90065)
Well, tomorrow is the big day and I think it will be a great day!!! The rain might catch up to us but everything will be on concrete and under a covered pavilion. There will be great entertainment starting at noon until 10 PM tomorrow night with live and silent auctions and all the food you can eat!! Ya'll come down to Delcambre and have a good time for a great cause!!!

Man ya have a great time and kick some butt in the cooking. Wish I could be there but got proir commitments

eman 12-12-2009 07:11 AM

Together for Tipper

Pushing real hard to drag my azz out this house in the pouring rain to head south west. Russ, When ya get out da bed give me a call .
Bob

speckdaddy 12-12-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 90065)

cant make it guys, yall have a great time and kick arse in the cookin. have fun and be safe!!!!

longsidelandry 12-12-2009 09:19 AM

We are set up next to Shawn's Cajun Meats under a LSU tent if anybody is heading this way

fishmaster911 12-12-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 90135)
We are set up next to Shawn's Cajun Meats under a LSU tent if anybody is heading this way

I'm stuck at work for a while but I'm going there after I done !

eman 12-12-2009 10:08 PM

Tipper

Was a nasty day at the fund raiser but had a nice crowd show up.
We never got the banner so no advertisment , the stuffed loin and ross,s deer roast were great. I didn't stay for the auction so i don't know how much was raised. Ended up only ross and i showed up to cook.
I'm sure he will have more to post tomorrow.
Really wish we could have had a better showing but oh Well.

Ray 12-12-2009 10:23 PM

It was supposed to rain all day in Lake Charles, but we didn't get none.

Did you take pictures?

fishmaster911 12-12-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 90544)
Was a nasty day at the fund raiser but had a nice crowd show up.
We never got the banner so no advertisment , the stuffed loin and ross,s deer roast were great. I didn't stay for the auction so i don't know how much was raised. Ended up only ross and i showed up to cook.
I'm sure he will have more to post tomorrow.
Really wish we could have had a better showing but oh Well.

eman, hows the hang over ?

eman 12-12-2009 10:33 PM

hmmmm

What hang over? slept a lil and i feel fine

fishmaster911 12-12-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 90575)
What hang over? slept a lil and i feel fine

glad to see u made it home safely!

longsidelandry 12-13-2009 09:06 PM

Alright guys I just got word on the final count that was raised yesterday and it blew everybody's minds!!! When everything was said and done we collected $180,000 to put in the trust for Tipper!!! I was floored when my mom called me with the final count and couldn't believe it, that is just awesome!! We had a great time and I even had my deer roast make it to the final round of tasting but didn't win. On another note, the BillyStix rod was an instant hit with Tipper. When he was checking out all of the auction items before it started he told his dad and the lady in charge of the items that he absolutely loved the rod so they came get me to tell him a little bit about it. One of the big money spenders and a good friend heard how much Tipper liked the rod so he secured it with a bid before the auction even started and we let Santa bring it to him while they were doing pictures with the little kids. Tipper was very excited and absolutely loves it!!! He thanked me about 20 times when we were getting him loaded up at the end of the night so he could go home. This event is something that I am so proud to have been a part of and shows how great of a community we have here in Delcambre. We had an awesome turnout in the worst of conditions, it was cold and raining but nothing kept the people away.

Ray 12-13-2009 09:09 PM

Sounds great for such terrible weather.
Glad everything came out good.

"W" 12-13-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 90941)
Alright guys I just got word on the final count that was raised yesterday and it blew everybody's minds!!! When everything was said and done we collected $180,000 to put in the trust for Tipper!!! I was floored when my mom called me with the final count and couldn't believe it, that is just awesome!! We had a great time and I even had my deer roast make it to the final round of tasting but didn't win. On another note, the BillyStix rod was an instant hit with Tipper. When he was checking out all of the auction items before it started he told his dad and the lady in charge of the items that he absolutely loved the rod so they came get me to tell him a little bit about it. One of the big money spenders and a good friend heard how much Tipper liked the rod so he secured it with a bid before the auction even started and we let Santa bring it to him while they were doing pictures with the little kids. Tipper was very excited and absolutely loves it!!! He thanked me about 20 times when we were getting him loaded up at the end of the night so he could go home. This event is something that I am so proud to have been a part of and shows how great of a community we have here in Delcambre. We had an awesome turnout in the worst of conditions, it was cold and raining but nothing kept the people away.

Awesome......

billystix custom rods 12-14-2009 08:12 AM

the stix does it again

1 Attachment(s)
good grieff
that was a lot of money to be collected for that young man.
do you have any idea how proud billystix custom rods is at the current time :spineyes: all i can say is awesome, now i feel that the time and effort that i put into each and every rod just plain is worth every minute, i could not be any prouder than i am right now, and a special thanks to who ever made sure that tipper recieved my rod, god bless you my man.
stix

ShadMan 12-14-2009 10:24 AM

Wow, that was great job of fundraising! Too bad there weren't more SaltyCajuns there. Good job, eman and longside. You've got SaltyCash. ;)