SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ribbon Dog vrs Rock Dogs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49920)

bgizzle 12-11-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 650643)
nope he cant do 2geese but has tried a times. He can handle 2 full grown mallards. He has brought back 3 grays at one time and has brought back 5 teal at a time

I'd rather see(in a hunting scenario) 5 teal get picked up at once than watch someone stand up in blind casting and blowing whistles while ducks are in the general area. 5 teal would take a ribbon dog 5different retrieves making the process 4x longer. Or can you "make" a ribbon dog pick up 5 at a time. 2 banded possibly for shats n giggles.

My. 02
See below

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

bbrown 12-11-2013 09:57 AM

I think the main argument in this is Raymond is not calling your dog bad. I'm sure you have a great hunting dog. You keep challenging him to a blind. What you are really challenging him to is a 400yd wild goose chase. By definition a blind is where send a dog on a controlled run a dog to a spot where a bird or bumper is placed and you do it in as few cast as possible. The main purpose is for you and your dog to work together as a team and he listen to you even though sometimes he wants to do different (ie poison bird) and you handle him where you know the bird is.

With all that being said again since I see you are very sensitive when it comes to your dog, I'm not downplaying your dog and I see you have AMEN's from the choir that your dog can hunt your marsh very well. All I'm saying is if you challenge somebody to a 10K blind make sure you fully understand what a blind is.

Top Dawg 12-11-2013 10:03 AM

I'm prettys sure some ppl don't understand how far 400 yards is either.

Shawn Braquet 12-11-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrown (Post 650719)
I think the main argument in this is Raymond is not calling your dog bad. I'm sure you have a great hunting dog. You keep challenging him to a blind. What you are really challenging him to is a 400yd wild goose chase. By definition a blind is where send a dog on a controlled run a dog to a spot where a bird or bumper is placed and you do it in as few cast as possible. The main purpose is for you and your dog to work together as a team and he listen to you even though sometimes he wants to do different (ie poison bird) and you handle him where you know the bird is.

With all that being said again since I see you are very sensitive when it comes to your dog, I'm not downplaying your dog and I see you have AMEN's from the choir that your dog can hunt your marsh very well. All I'm saying is if you challenge somebody to a 10K blind make sure you fully understand what a blind is.

Bingo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

T-TOP 12-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 650722)

400 yards is out there!!!! 400 yard blind through catails and sea cane with only 1 cast.....

cgoods17 12-11-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-TOP (Post 650726)
400 yards is out there!!!! 400 yard blind through catails and sea cane with only 1 cast.....

Is this even possible?

Top Dawg 12-11-2013 10:24 AM

I got 10k for the first one to throw a rock 400 yards!

T-TOP 12-11-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoods17 (Post 650727)
Is this even possible?

I do not think it is...

Feesherman 12-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 650728)
I got 10k for the first one to throw a rock 400 yards!

I want in on this

Duck Butter 12-11-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 650722)

"I shoot deer at 400 yards all the time. Shot a spike that musta been 8 years old wasn't a tooth in his head on the pipeline coming out that there pine thicket and its an easy 450 yards, don't need none of them fancy rangefinders to tell me what 400 yards is, just gotta put that 30 aught 6 3" high and it'll roll em up son"

- signed Allen, Winn, and Union Parish piney woods hunters

meaux fishing 12-11-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 650771)
"I shoot deer at 400 yards all the time. Shot a spike that musta been 8 years old wasn't a tooth in his head on the pipeline coming out that there pine thicket and its an easy 450 yards, don't need none of them fancy rangefinders to tell me what 400 yards is, just gotta put that 30 aught 6 3" high and it'll roll em up son"

- signed Allen, Winn, and Union Parish piney woods hunters

lmao

Deadly D 12-11-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgoods17 (Post 650727)
Is this even possible?

very possible

Deadly D 12-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrown (Post 650719)

I explained my blind very well, its not what they call a blind in the pro"s

inchspinner 12-11-2013 02:01 PM

D you gonna put a show on for em baw!!

Spunt Drag 12-11-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 650806)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchspinner (Post 650812)
D you gonna put a show on for em baw!!

Film it next time to clear the air and show everybody.

Top Dawg 12-11-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Then it's not a blind lol

Nickt87 12-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

A ducks a duck. A spades a spade. What you call a blind is in no way in any dog terminology in any country, a blind. What you call a blind is a "hunt em up" in the dog world. Which occurs when the dog is put down wind of a specific area where the bird fell and is told to hunt it up. This is done as a last resort if the bird went down in a very thick area that obstructed the acutal view of fall or the bird was crippled and the exact location of the bird is unknown. Usually doesn't get much bigger than 100'x100' area. You my friend have a dog that "hunts em up" over a 1/4 square mile.

Nickt87 12-11-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

I call myself a genius, because I don't defecate on myself all day and walk in circles.

Create your own standard and vocabulary. I like it, eventhough there are registered rules, qualifications and standards that are already in place.

How the farque do some of these people even know how to use computers?

cgoods17 12-11-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickt87 (Post 650824)
I call myself a genius, because I don't defecate on myself all day and walk in circles.

Create your own standard and vocabulary. I like it, eventhough there are registered rules, qualifications and standards that are already in place.

How the farque do some of these people even know how to use computers?

Amen Brother!

bgizzle 12-11-2013 04:11 PM

I thought a blind was a blind

A bird a dog doesn't mark aka see fall .

It was posted before that a blind from a reputable dog training standpoint was to send em on blind and try to have the least amount of cast nescecarry.

If deadly Ds dog can be sent on on one cast which the only cast he needs to get a honorable retrieve. That's probably gonna be the least out of the two dogs

Raymond is a very credible dog trainer I'm not trying to take anything from him but he learns from expierience.

Deadly D seems pretty darn expierienced as well.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"