SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gas prices (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57765)

RedXCross 12-31-2014 07:36 AM

awesome!

Andy C 01-04-2015 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I make oil 01-07-2015 06:05 PM

And it begins.

http://oilpro.com/post/9485/first-us...il-price-crash

"W" 01-07-2015 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...

biggun 01-07-2015 07:16 PM

Guys

I've worked in the Eagleford Shale area of SW TX for 11 months now. It's starting to get VERY SCAREY.. And This place is BOOOOMMING.... But Oil companies are looking at the cost of getting oil and gas out of the ground. If that is too high. Do NOT pass go. Do Not collect money. When It went below 50 this week. its been a slaughter.

Company I'm contracted to is laying off constr. site people left and right.

eman 01-07-2015 07:35 PM

Congress fixing to push for higher federal gas tax since prices are low.

marty f 01-07-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 735760)
Congress fixing to push for higher federal gas tax since prices are low.

Yeah I saw that isn't that some sh....... I really do HATE politicians :pissed:

swampman46 01-07-2015 07:51 PM

That's how congress does things...fix something by breaking something else. The little guy always gets screwed.

"W" 01-07-2015 09:08 PM

2 or 3 years now operators offshore were naming there price because they were losing so many to land jobs

I see a flood of operators in the near furture for offshore jobs again

eman 01-07-2015 09:29 PM

IF I say If they want to raise taxes 10 cents a gallon and put it on a sliding scale. Every dime gas goes up a penny comes off the tax and the tax bill states all $ goes to highways and bridges and that nothing can be added or taken out of the bill at any time .i would support it. But no politician has the Nads to write and push that kind of bill.

Goooh 01-07-2015 09:31 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...gulf/20752155/


Sent

I make oil 01-08-2015 05:25 AM

http://www.worldoil.com/Oil-glut-cou...ster-says.html

The wording here says it all. They are looking to teach US producers a lesson.

"W" 01-08-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 735774)

The Gulf will always be safe for "production"

As long as we can sell oil and gas we will be fine , but I flew over 12 stacked rigs yesterday and that is the most there since 2011 oil spill

Chevron / Exxon / shell can still pay drilling cost vs lifting cost


All this land drilling cost lots and is mostly done by small company's that can not afforded low oil prices vs the cost to drill

Goooh 01-08-2015 08:26 AM

Gas prices
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 735794)
The Gulf will always be safe for "production"



As long as we can sell oil and gas we will be fine , but I flew over 12 stacked rigs yesterday and that is the most there since 2011 oil spill



Chevron / Exxon / shell can still pay drilling cost vs lifting cost





All this land drilling cost lots and is mostly done by small company's that can not afforded low oil prices vs the cost to drill


I understand that, my focus was more on future projects and the development of these fields.

Land drilling has, and always will be volatile. Anyone involved in it has been laid off at some point, come very very close to it, had pay cut, or been shifted to another position - all due to dips in oil... And those that supply the industry have had their cheeks pucker up as a domino effect.

I feel bad for the families that have to go through a job loss like that, and pray I never do. But, I'm not sure why all this seems like a surprise and we are acting like we just discovered a unicorn..


Sent

I make oil 01-08-2015 12:39 PM

I'm traveling and typing on my phone so this will be short.

As the USA article said Major projects are planned over many years. But the major projects are only a small part of the industry. The biggest deep water platforms are completely automated. The crews that operate them are small. They don't utilize the services of many companies. They are important as far as total volume contributed to the oil produced but not as much as far as the number of people employed. Marginal players on mature properties do not contribute as much volume wise to the big picture but they employ 50x more people. Utilize more service companies and have higher lifting expenses. This is where the economy will be hurt. It's not about what is made its about spreading it around the industry.

The super majors are protected from lower prices the same way the OPEC producers are. They spread the losses over a bigger foot print. I'm all about free market and capitalism but neither of these things help the nation. That is what this is about not a few majors loosing some money.

Goooh 01-08-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 735813)
I'm traveling and typing on my phone so this will be short.



As the USA article said Major projects are planned over many years. But the major projects are only a small part of the industry. The biggest deep water platforms are completely automated. The crews that operate them are small. They don't utilize the services of many companies. They are important as far as total volume contributed to the oil produced but not as much as far as the number of people employed. Marginal players on mature properties do not contribute as much volume wise to the big picture but they employ 50x more people. Utilize more service companies and have higher lifting expenses. This is where the economy will be hurt. It's not about what is made its about spreading it around the industry.



The super majors are protected from lower prices the same way the OPEC producers are. They spread the losses over a bigger foot print. I'm all about free market and capitalism but neither of these things help the nation. That is what this is about not a few majors loosing some money.


I think you may be surprised at how much is tied to the construction, development, FEED, etc... for these major long term projects. Yea, once online it's minimal, but 5-10 years of design, testing, development and implementation keeps countless people employed - hell, we stay busy just picking up crumbs from various sectors on ONE major project selling products to 5 different companies involved with 5 stages of the project (I.e. Olympus and Big Foot).


Sent

Goooh 01-08-2015 03:07 PM

#WayUpStream


Sent

I make oil 01-08-2015 03:10 PM

Gooh I wouldn't be surprised. I'm fully aware. It's what I do. The problem is much bigger than that. Here is another article to read. I'm getting on an Airplane home. I hope all my concerns are for naught. Good luck to everyone.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/guess-w...e-this/5417215

Goooh 01-08-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I make oil (Post 735825)
Gooh I wouldn't be surprised. I'm fully aware. It's what I do. The problem is much bigger than that. Here is another article to read. I'm getting on an Airplane home. I hope all my concerns are for naught. Good luck to everyone.



http://www.globalresearch.ca/guess-w...e-this/5417215


Stay positive my friend, and stock lots of canned goods.




Sent

Mako19 01-15-2015 10:05 PM

http://oilpro.com/post/9729/oil-serv...-just-got-real

"Oil Service Leader Schlumberger Cuts 9,000 Jobs - It Just Got Real."

**** Just got Real! A coworker of mine sent me this link right after i picked up my daughter after i left the office this afternoon. Schlumberger is the first major company in the O&G industry to make a huge layoff. Tensions are going to be thick at the office the next few weeks....I hope that I am still around when things return to normal.

This is the first major downturn since I started my career in this industry. I knew that by being in the oilfield there is always a chance of being layed off during a downturn. I was just hoping that it wouldn't happen the same year that my wife and I brought a child into this world.

All there is to do is keep showing up and giving 100% and hope that the decision makers don't call my number. Good luck to everyone who makes their living in the O &G industry. Everyone in my household will be praying that this thing goes back up as fast as it fell.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted