SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ribbon Dog vrs Rock Dogs (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49920)

Top Dawg 12-11-2013 11:05 PM

Lmao!!! Pure gold!

boatdriver 12-11-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 651124)
Best post ever!!!:rotfl:

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!

Top Dawg 12-11-2013 11:11 PM

Spunt just won the internet

noodle creek 12-12-2013 12:08 AM

I just wasted way too much time catching up on this from yeaterday. I agree w top dawg, not many people know how far 400 yards is. I don'tthin i can see my dog 400 yards away.

Also, i'm not making any bets, but i do happen to have to pass through klondike tomorrow. Someone please bet this guy. I will video and post tomorrow. Most likely will be an instant youtube hit.

Deadly D 12-12-2013 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 650645)
Snap a pic of that. A limit of teal in a dogs mouth would be funny to see.

had to wait till my hunting partner found it

Deadly D 12-12-2013 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 651046)
My fatass lap dog can't make a 10 yard retrieve without runnin out of breath much less a 400 yarder. And her stuffed animal would prolly get all nasty in that marsh anyways

even let my little come sometimes

inchspinner 12-12-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651164)

Dang D dats a mouthfullll id say!

Deadly D 12-12-2013 07:59 AM

Guess he couldn't come up with the money. Going get boats and blinds ready. My dog is still happy he still got his biscuit and still in the house, good day

speckdaddy 12-12-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651173)
Guess he couldn't come up with the money. Going get boats and blinds ready. My dog is still happy he still got his biscuit and still in the house, good day

5 teal and beggin fer mo. Rock dog baby. Also, if deadly d is as stupid as you all say, then why doesnt someone step up, accept the challenge and take the money and run? Seems easy!

bgizzle 12-12-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651173)

You da man D! I'd pay to see that dog retrieve. Just so I could pick your brain. Good luck hunting!!! There's no shortage of ducks.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

kb7722 12-12-2013 08:57 AM

400 yard retrieve. Damn what do you have against a dog? Might want to be a little more selective with your shots, work the birds a little closer in, and work on your shooting.

20 pages here we come!

Nickt87 12-12-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 651181)
5 teal and beggin fer mo. Rock dog baby. Also, if deadly d is as stupid as you all say, then why doesnt someone step up, accept the challenge and take the money and run? Seems easy!

Because what he is trying to do is not possible. We're not saying his dog cant do it but ours can. We're saying it aint gonna happen either way. You can't run a REAL BLIND @ 400yds through heavy cover without seeing your dog and no whistles unless you have one of the best dogs in history to ever walk onto a mat at a field trial.

Let me put in perspective for you, it's like him saying I bet I can shoot a teal out the sky at 40yds with a rimfire rifle and you can't. You take the bet for whatever reason and you show up with a .22, teal flies by you shoot and miss. His turn, he walks to the truck and grabs a remington 870 12 gauge shotgun. You call BS and he says what do you mean, "my ole trusty 870 is a rimfire rifle, cause thats what pawdaddy always called it." Eventhough there is tons of literature and qualifications stating what a rimfire rifle is, he refuses to understand.

speckdaddy 12-12-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickt87 (Post 651202)
Because what he is trying to do is not possible. We're not saying his dog cant do it but ours can. We're saying it aint gonna happen either way. You can't run a REAL BLIND @ 400yds through heavy cover without seeing your dog and no whistles unless you have one of the best dogs in history to ever walk onto a mat at a field trial.

Let me put in perspective for you, it's like him saying I bet I can shoot a teal out the sky at 40yds with a rimfire rifle and you can't. You take the bet for whatever reason and you show up with a .22, teal flies by you shoot and miss. His turn, he walks to the truck and grabs a remington 870 12 gauge shotgun. You call BS and he says what do you mean, "my ole trusty 870 is a rimfire rifle, cause thats what pawdaddy always called it." Eventhough there is tons of literature and qualifications stating what a rimfire rifle is, he refuses to understand.

Then someone step up n take his money!!!!!!!!!

boatdriver 12-12-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speckdaddy (Post 651204)

Just as in the previous post....... Way too many factors for a retrieve of that nature. I can see a dog lining a 150-200 yard blind, but 400, ain't gonna happen.

Nickt87 12-12-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651164)

This was back when the limit was 4!!! Cake walk, for a rock dog.

Personally, I think teal are tender enough fresh out the sky. They don't need a rock dog playing rag doll with them to make them edible. Teach him to do that with snows and it'll save you time with that tenderizing hammer!:work:

Nickt87 12-12-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Lemme dumb it down for you some more. He is betting that his dog can do it and someone else's can't. NOBODYS DOG CAN DO IT. So we'd be wasting a trip to wherever to watch 2 dogs tromp around a marsh for an hour.

If he were betting that his dog can run a REAL 400yd BLIND, you'd have a line of people ready to take every nickel the man ever made and then another line willing to take IOUs after he lost all his money.

Feesherman 12-12-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

U can't take his money. He wants to play his way. Dats what is trying to be explained here.

boatdriver 12-12-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickt87 (Post 651211)
Lemme dumb it down for you some more. He is betting that his dog can do it and someone else's can't. NOBODYS DOG CAN DO IT. So we'd be wasting a trip to wherever to watch 2 dogs tromp around a marsh for an hour.

If he were betting that his dog can run a REAL 400yd BLIND, you'd have a line of people ready to take every nickel the man ever made and then another line willing to take IOUs after he lost all his money.

See, this is a post with sense!!!!! Speckdaddy, please understand this post....

boatdriver 12-12-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 651165)
even let my little come sometimes

Now, that is a dog I'd pay to hunt with. It would be cool to see a poodle with a mallard in the mouth!!!

bbrown 12-12-2013 10:32 AM

If your dog can take 400+ yard lines then you my friend do not have a rock dog. You have a self trained dog that is good. You are actually on our team because you don't have to throw rocks your dog is just on anotha leval because he can go without casting. So we actually are on the same team and btw I think the fair thing is go 10K on your marsh blind then I'll challenge you to a 20K blind (i'll make up the definition as i see fit) of my choosing both have to be accepted before you can decide to stack the odds.