SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2010 duck season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12677)

specktator 07-28-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 182007)
I use my pattermaster when i guide, and goose hunt, It makes an awesome backup shot when the birds are far away, and works great on those "just a little too high" specklebellies

When I hunt the marshes for myself, i use an IMP-MOD. The pattermaster tears the ducks up to bad when i use it in the marsh, sometimes blowing the bird in two pieces.

yeh like u said, its a good choke for a rice field.

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 03:01 PM

Im looking forward to hunting at specktators lease this year...:smokin:

specktator 07-28-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 182010)
Im looking forward to hunting at specktators lease this year...:smokin:

Lol u gonna lose that bet, but like I said I'll bring u regardless.

meaux fishing 07-28-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 182006)
U like your patternmaster? I have one for both my Benelli's but quit using them b/c I feel my group was too tight. I usually always shoot well with my patternmaster, but wasn't shooting worth a crap beginning of year last year with it. I took it off, and started smokin em so I never put it back on.

it might be a benelli thing cause i had one on my browning and liked it then i got a benelli so i bought a patternmaster and couldnt hit a barn with it so i took it off and put on the IMP and started smokin em

specktator 07-28-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 182012)
it might be a benelli thing cause i had one on my browning and liked it then i got a benelli so i bought a patternmaster and couldnt hit a barn with it so i took it off and put on the IMP and started smokin em

I been having a Benelli M1 3" for about 9 years. Used a patternmaster in it for a long time and shot well. Then I got the SBE II a few years ago and got one for it. I shot well with it, but like CatDaddy said, I was hunting rice fields and pit blinds back then. Now that I do 90% of my hunting in the marsh, I quit using it.

mstulb 07-28-2010 03:14 PM

Willing to bet all federal refuges will be closed, but very good to hear hunting season will BE OPEN.

Quite a few farmers around SW LA are getting paid well to plant rice in there fields and serve them as a "refuge" for birds.... Wonder if this will ultimately hold more birds in the area very interested to see. 3-4 farmers around our Marsh are being payed to plant...

Asterisk-Rich 07-28-2010 03:22 PM

i shoot a medium range pattern master and i absolutely love it! not too tight and not too big...just right!!!

basinhunterfisher 07-28-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstulb (Post 182016)
Willing to bet all federal refuges will be closed, but very good to hear hunting season will BE OPEN.

Quite a few farmers around SW LA are getting paid well to plant rice in there fields and serve them as a "refuge" for birds.... Wonder if this will ultimately hold more birds in the area very interested to see. 3-4 farmers around our Marsh are being payed to plant...

the ones in sw louisiana will be open.that includes sabine,lacassine, and cameron prairie

specktator 07-28-2010 03:35 PM

Ppl getting paid $65/acre to flood them now and keep it flooded till April. My buddy has a lease in Monroe and that's what they pay him.

all star rod 07-28-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstulb (Post 182016)

Kind of heard that to. Glad I have a rice field lease!:D