SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Interview tomorrow wish me luck (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28325)

ckinchen 02-21-2012 09:49 PM

You are going to do well, it is all about confidence.

dmtfish 02-21-2012 09:50 PM

Good luck!

I make oil 02-21-2012 09:56 PM

Good luck. Like ckinchen said be confident, don't squirm and look at the person you are answering when you talk. Take a moment to think about the question before you answer so they know you are considering what they asked and your not just spitting back answers. You'll do well.

bjhooper82 02-21-2012 10:44 PM

Good luck bro!!

Jordan 02-22-2012 08:46 AM

Good Luck Bro !!

H20fowlkiller 02-22-2012 08:59 AM

Good luck be confident, and let your body of work speak for itself

PaulMyers 02-22-2012 09:02 AM

Best of luck to you!

Lake Chuck Duck 02-22-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Braquet (Post 395879)
I think i have the bull covered i just hate behavorial interviews with a passion! Anyone thats had one knows what I mean. There is no right answer and its an easy out for anyone that out performs the person that "they" want to hire!

I know what you mean, I cant stand those interviews!

"Give a specific example of a time that you were working in a group, and you and another group member had a disagreement on how to approach a problem. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome of the situation?"

Usually an hour of these kind of questions.:shaking:

Super Spook 02-22-2012 03:54 PM

Good luck man

SULPHITE 02-22-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

"Give a specific example of a time that you were working in a group, and you and another group member had a disagreement on how to approach a problem. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome of the situation?"
well joe came up and asked "how come snickers keep getting caught up in the snack vending machine??"

Our group pondered this for an hour or so...stimulating a very detailed root cause analysis.

Joe proposed bending an old welding rod in order to snag said snickers...a heated debate ensued...

"In the end we decided on the "team propulsion method". A method in which we call one another on the radio when the snickers bar became caught on the spring thingy. By oscillating the machine in a rapid manner we will cause the snickers bar to fall thus eliminating a potential issue of welding rods being left inside of said vending machine"

When do i start?????

:rotfl:

ckinchen 02-22-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 395946)
I know what you mean, I cant stand those interviews!

Usually an hour of these kind of questions.:shaking:

My first job right out of college was with Koch Industries in Kansas, I had two 8 hours days of situational questions like the one above. Not a fun experience.

Lake Chuck Duck 02-22-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 396052)
well joe came up and asked "how come snickers keep getting caught up in the snack vending machine??"

Our group pondered this for an hour or so...stimulating a very detailed root cause analysis.

Joe proposed bending an old welding rod in order to snag said snickers...a heated debate ensued...

"In the end we decided on the "team propulsion method". A method in which we call one another on the radio when the snickers bar became caught on the spring thingy. By oscillating the machine in a rapid manner we will cause the snickers bar to fall thus elimating a potential issue of welding rods being left inside of said vending machine"

When do i start?????

:rotfl:

I believe a Plant Manager job just opened you would be perfect for!

YellowMouth7 02-22-2012 04:23 PM

Yea when I interviewed for my Division Manager Job i went through 2 days and 9 different interviews alll consisting of behavior based questions. Just answer them with confidence. They are mainly looking for someone who can think on their feet, most questiions are looking for things like problem solving skills, sence of urgency, team work, etc. Hope it went well.

TB

Lake Chuck Duck 02-22-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 396053)
My first job right out of college was with Koch Industries in Kansas, I had two 8 hours days of situational questions like the one above. Not a fun experience.

Worst I had was a half day of it from 7am-noon. 4 different rooms with different sets of people in each. Some questions the same, some different, all equally sucky. They fed us good though.

Lake Chuck Duck 02-22-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowMouth7 (Post 396063)
Yea when I interviewed for my Division Manager Job i went through 2 days and 9 different interviews alll consisting of behavior based questions. Just answer them with confidence. They are mainly looking for someone who can think on their feet, most questiions are looking for things like problem solving skills, sence of urgency, team work, etc. Hope it went well.

TB

Basically who can make up a fake story off the top of their head the quickest lol

SULPHITE 02-22-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck (Post 396065)
Basically who can make up a fake story off the top of their head the quickest lol

yep

SULPHITE 02-22-2012 04:31 PM

When I interviewed with Haliburton right out of college they had a nervous young guy interviewing me...he was reading questions off a sheet of paper...lol!! Wasn't too tough...but then I went on the tour of the facilities and met with some others that were tougher...turned down a field engineer job...

Ratdog 02-22-2012 08:34 PM

Jew can dew eat bro
Ju got dis.
Eat da weeties.......an tell um it's ur job u jus need to know when to show up.

Shawn Braquet 02-22-2012 10:15 PM

Well i Did good on the interview and was the only one that "aced" the hands on part. Even showed the guy headin up the hands on part that there was a screw up on the hands on that noone else caught

PaulMyers 02-22-2012 10:34 PM

Sounds great, when will they let you know something?

+1