SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lng stock (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16351)

catch.and.fillet 02-15-2011 05:43 PM

We have a glut of gas. First time ever, as long as they've been tracking it, a big Northeast snow and winter storm came through this year and gas futures actually went down..crazy...Shell stock went up because of finds and activity in the shales that have liquid (oil) via East Resources acquisition (Marcellus) and other activity. Oil is where it's at right now. Buy the oil players in the shales and watch them grow. The guys with pure gas plays are only active on their sites to keep their rights, they ain't making money........LNG is dead for awhile.

Oh, and I slept at a Holiday Inn last night..in Missoula, MT

Gerald 02-15-2011 11:42 PM

I watched a segment on TV today where they were talking about the current prices of West Texas Light crude vs Crude from the North Sea area which is a much heavier crude.

They were saying that the WTL crude was selling for $ 17 [I think that what they said] less than Bret crude which is less desirable .

The crude oil maket is badly shifted from the norm. WTL crude normally sells for several dollars higher that the Bret crude.

"W" 02-25-2011 02:30 PM

New 52week High
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=LNG

cmdrost 02-25-2011 02:31 PM

you sell at $10?

"W" 02-25-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrost (Post 230506)
you sell at $10?


No....Set my stop at 9.15

"W" 05-20-2011 02:41 PM

LNG Just smashed over $10.... was down all day until release of export news...Jumps up over 10.......... Sold 2000 shares....

Hopedale Hustler 05-20-2011 02:43 PM

How do I even go about starting to buy stock??

Gerald 05-21-2011 02:03 AM

Open an account [deposit money] at a bank or other financial instituion. Most offer online trading but some you have to talk with a broker and they make the buy or sale for you.

But first......study the market, learn about trading and the cost involved with making a buy or sale. For starters..... https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...quote&.intl=us

http://investing.money.msn.com/inves...arket-summary/

Investing in buying stock should be done in fairly large amount of money....otherwise the borkerage fees will take a big percentage of your money.

Learn as much about a company as you can.....before you buy it.

IMO....you should not be buying stocks if you only have say $ 1000 or $ 2000 to invest. But most investors normally start small and keep adding money to there account to invest more. An established investor should own 10 to 15 stocks [maybe even 20 stocks] and invest about the same amount in each of them.

"W" 05-21-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 256049)
How do I even go about starting to buy stock??

The way I started my 1st stock investment on my own is probably not the best way but it feel right for me..

My boss talked me into buying some ATPG stock because there drilling ratio was perfect and he said it would make a ton of money....

Well only being about 22 years old I borrowed 10K from my retirement fund and bought a lot of ATPG Stock

Stock was about 1.89 when I bought it and a few years i sold at 41.oo
Paid myself back and started my own investments since then.....I have been adv 18 to 20% gains even since then....worst year was 2%gain but most lost that year

Read Read and Read up on stocks.....Remember it takes money to make money.....

Dink 05-21-2011 06:51 AM

Huey's college is just about paid for and he's 2..........bought a crap load of Ford when it was 1 dollar.......

Hopedale Hustler 05-21-2011 09:11 AM

Thinkin bout investing some in exxon mobil....it seems like it'd be a good start maybe???

"W" 05-21-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler (Post 256379)
Thinkin bout investing some in exxon mobil....it seems like it'd be a good start maybe???


Long Buy is good....but that is expensive stock


Look into a stock that pays you good dividends back which means they pay you to buy there stock.....Which if your in for a long term buy this is what you look for to invest

AT&T 5.5%
GE 3%
Pfizer 3.80%
Senior housing properties trust 6.3%
BCE 5%


Once you establish a good foundation and learn more you can day trade or short buy

I buy a lot of shorts looking to bank a few hundred bucks quickly in a week or a few days...

I watch for break out news or any change in product which will move a stock

I also subscribe to a few stock update sites which tell you whats hot and not


Example....BP was a good short buy for me and a no brainier...BP was not going to fold or even get hurt by the Oil Spill...I waited until the Stock hit $29 a Share and sold a month or so later above $40..... Which I damn near doubled my money in a month

Right now I bought into Toyota after the Earthquake as there stocked dropped ..Again Toyota is not going anywhere so this was a no brainier also


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted