SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wanton Waste (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17668)

Ray 04-07-2011 12:22 PM

I have been out and come back with just one Trout on ice.
Filleted it and threw it on the pit. Can't beat fresh fish.

specktator 04-07-2011 12:40 PM

When I have a bad day on the water, less than 7 or 8 fish, I give them away to the Democrats at Calcasieu Point and they are :D:D from ear to ear. "Tank ya tank ya!"

BIGJ 04-07-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 242259)
When I have a bad day on the water, less than 7 or 8 fish, I give them away to the Democrats at Calcasieu Point and they are :D:D from ear to ear. "Tank ya tank ya!"

Same thing I do. They are happy to take them.

LaAngler 04-07-2011 01:48 PM

I enjoy watching a trout swim off, now the limit on reds could be even higher i think

blackmamba 04-07-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 242259)
When I have a bad day on the water, less than 7 or 8 fish, I give them away to the Democrats at Calcasieu Point and they are :D:D from ear to ear. "Tank ya tank ya!"

Lmao...yessa,yessa

Gottogo49 04-07-2011 02:43 PM

Yep, I see that at Prien Park occasionally. Sad, Sad.
That's one thing my Dad taught me, if you kill it eat it.
Ate a bunch of robins and field larks when I was growing up.

Raymond 04-07-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 242295)
I enjoy watching a trout swim off, now the limit on reds could be even higher i think

Bruce, at one time in my life I would have never considered letting one swim. The older I get, the more I realize that we have to leave something for our kids to build their memories from.

"Character"...............Doing the right thing when no one is looking.;)

eman 04-07-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 242203)
:*****::*****::*****:

As for the fish, that's just WRONG! I've never hit a landing that there wasn't someone there willing to take some fish home!:pissed:

Don't leave em at the landing corey , Just call me . I got plenty freezer space an no fish.

eman 04-07-2011 03:46 PM

Ima cast a bad gris gris on whoever dumped them fish . May they never get another bite!

southern151 04-07-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 242324)
Don't leave em at the landing corey , Just call me . I got plenty freezer space an no fish.

I have the same freezer space problem these days as well! No time to go and restock!:cry:

Although, I feel a company-wide meeting (:*****:) coming Saturday morning! Likely taking place at BSM!:smokin: The boss has something to discuss with the employees!:rotfl:

eman 04-07-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 242333)
I have the same freezer space problem these days as well! No time to go and restock!:cry:

Although, I feel a company-wide meeting (:*****:) coming Saturday morning! Likely taking place at BSM!:smokin: The boss has something to discuss with the employees!:rotfl:

In another month or so we are going to have a meeting in grand isle and leave the ss back breaker at home. Unless any of the employees are scared of wading???

southern151 04-07-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 242342)
In another month or so we are going to have a meeting in grand isle and leave the ss back breaker at home. Unless any of the employees are scared of wading???

You just say when! I'm sure they can "all" be convinced that wading is fine.;)

meaux fishing 04-07-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 242343)
You just say when! I'm sure they can "all" be convinced that wading is fine.;)

lemme know when yall are gonna be there... Im gonna spend a good part of the month of may around the island

Speck Attack 04-07-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur (Post 242187)
Aint that some SHAT! Thanks for posting this Raymond and if they are a user of this forum, hopefully they will hang their head in shame. Either catch and release or give them away to someone that will eat them.

x2....:pissed:

eman 04-07-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 242359)
lemme know when yall are gonna be there... Im gonna spend a good part of the month of may around the island

Meaux,
i'm sure we can get a grouyp together to do a weekend surf trip .
May be able to get buddy Ro and gar fish in on the gig.
Garfish is da man when it comes to fishin da surf.
If'n he can get a yard pass.

Marshrat 04-07-2011 08:49 PM

Sad thing about it is when you call LDWF about the fish being wasted, they tell you it is not against any law to discard whole fish. I reported a similar incident and was told just that.



Warren


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted