SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bass Pro Shop (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20431)

1fastmerc 07-04-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 279862)
yea but your wife said she was gonna bring me next time and leave you at home:p

Haha. Maybe you can get some use out of her.

weedeater 07-04-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fastmerc (Post 279984)
Haha. Maybe you can get some use out of her.

not goin dar

1fastmerc 07-04-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 279985)
not goin dar

Haha

specknation 07-05-2011 01:11 AM

[QUOTE=ckinchen;279706]I assume you are talking about Denham Springs and not Hammond. The one in Katy is bigger/better than the one in Pearland, the Woodlands new Academy store may be better than the Bass Pro in Pearland. Yes I agree with you that the Bass Pro in Denham Springs is bigger and better than both of the Houston area Bass Pro's. Houston did not have to pay Bass Pro to come to Houston like Denham Springs did but that conversation probably is one we could have in the political section.[/QUOTE
Denham Springs did not pay bass pro to come, they did give them a huge tax incentive to come which will expire after certain amount of time. My understanding is that bass pro has pulled that same type tax deal with over half of there locations.

weedeater 07-05-2011 05:07 AM

I had heard they were maybe gonna build one in Lake Charles, Gander Mountain would be nice even

Raymond 07-05-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 280231)
I had heard they were maybe gonna build one in Lake Charles, Gander Mountain would be nice even

G Mt would be a good fit in LC, every since Selmart chut down there is no place to buy hunting clothes.
Noway BP builds here, population is just not large enough to support that kind of capital expenditure.

weedeater 07-05-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 280235)
G Mt would be a good fit in LC, every since Selmart chut down there is no place to buy hunting clothes.
Noway BP builds here, population is just not large enough to support that kind of capital expenditure.

as much as I would love any of these I doubt we get any in the near future

ckinchen 07-05-2011 07:19 AM

[quote=specknation;280228]
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 279706)
I assume you are talking about Denham Springs and not Hammond. The one in Katy is bigger/better than the one in Pearland, the Woodlands new Academy store may be better than the Bass Pro in Pearland. Yes I agree with you that the Bass Pro in Denham Springs is bigger and better than both of the Houston area Bass Pro's. Houston did not have to pay Bass Pro to come to Houston like Denham Springs did but that conversation probably is one we could have in the political section.[/QUOTE
Denham Springs did not pay bass pro to come, they did
give them a huge tax incentive to come which will expire
after certain amount of time. My understanding is that bass
pro has pulled that same type tax deal with over half of
there locations.

Not in Houston, they wanted a piece of a 6,000,000 person city. Also a tax incentive is giving them money. If you owe the government 100k and they tell you to just pay 40k and we will forgive the rest then they just gave you 60k. My family holds multiple public offices in Livingston Parish, trust me they begged Bass Pro to come. I really like the Denham Springs location, I have been to most of their stores and Denham is one of my favorites.

sears 07-05-2011 08:12 AM

I live 5min from Denham springs location. They are making money on me lol. I prefer Cabelas though, they carry a lot more local baits and great Marsh works sekection.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

DUCKGOGETTER 07-05-2011 08:30 AM

I've heard from a few people that they're talking about putting a bps in sulphur. Not sure if that's true, but you never know

weedeater 07-05-2011 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 280273)
I've heard from a few people that they're talking about putting a bps in sulphur. Not sure if that's true, but you never know

that's what I heard several yrs back, I think if Katy could do what they did there's a chance it would make it here. Has anyone been to Sportsman Warehouse? I went in one in Colorado yrs back and it was a good store, not pretty like BPS but just a big store with outdoor stuff and great prices.

ckinchen 07-05-2011 08:48 AM

I have a Gander Mtn near my house, very expensive but as a result it is never busy. A Bass Pro in the Lake Charles Area if that rumor has any legs would be great.

I think Katy is in a very different situation, the Katy area is much larger than Lake Charles (within 8-10 miles of the beltway and energy corridor) and the per household income is much higher plus it is/was pulling from a much larger city. Katy was a no brainer for Bass Pro as it got them in the Houston market. I would love for you guys to be right, hopefully you are.

weedeater 07-05-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckinchen (Post 280284)
I have a Gander Mtn near my house, very expensive but as a result it is never busy. A Bass Pro in the Lake Charles Area if that rumor has any legs would be great.

I think Katy is in a very different situation, the Katy area is much larger than Lake Charles (within 8-10 miles of the beltway and energy corridor) and the per household income is much higher plus it is/was pulling from a much larger city. Katy was a no brainer for Bass Pro as it got them in the Houston market. I would love for you guys to be right, hopefully you are.

It would be a stretch but its also 2 1/2hrs in any direction to a BPS so it would draw from a decent area although I still think Gander Mountain would stand a better chance. I don't know about anyone else in the Lake area but if the Iowa Mall can stay open anything can survive this area.

jchief 07-05-2011 10:25 AM

I know this much, Academy in LC stays really busy. I would even like one of them over here.

ckinchen 07-05-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchief (Post 280325)
I know this much, Academy in LC stays really busy. I would even like one of them over here.


Agreed.

wtretrievers 07-05-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 280283)
that's what I heard several yrs back, I think if Katy could do what they did there's a chance it would make it here. Has anyone been to Sportsman Warehouse? I went in one in Colorado yrs back and it was a good store, not pretty like BPS but just a big store with outdoor stuff and great prices.

Sportsman Warehouse is a real neat place! Would do great in the LC area!

Lake Chuck Duck 07-05-2011 11:02 AM

Academy in LC pretty much sucks. They make 1 time orders and when they run out they run out. If you dont get huntin gear the first week you arent gettin it at all. That said, the one time I have been to Bass Pro in Denham I couldnt find a single pair of Max 4 pants in the store. If we could get any type of out door store here it would be great.

buoy37 07-05-2011 11:52 AM

Not a fan of BPS when it comes to fishing gear. I try to spend my money with a locally owned sporting goods store.

I do buy clothes there when it is time to upgrade the closet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted