SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Boiled Crawfish in season (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2270)

Gerald 08-27-2009 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It doesn't get any better [IMHO] than this. Crawfish from JT's Seafood on Lake street.
.

fun w son 08-27-2009 03:10 PM

I could lick the computer rite now!!!!!

bay_slayer 08-27-2009 03:29 PM

:cry::cry:I wish crawfish were in season all year long

yellalilyslicker 08-27-2009 05:52 PM

Gerald, I can't believe you eat crawfish from JT's:eek:. JK, no Brad is a good guy with some quality stuff in that ugly green building, but if you get a chance next season try Heinen's, Mark is a real good friend and works hard on his own farm, ask Brad he knows Mark well.

Goose 08-27-2009 06:02 PM

ME, I like Country Club Crawfish, big, seasoned right, and at a good price...Also, they sell boiled and backed crabs straight from Big Lake...Between Weaver road and Elloit road next to the ol folks home!! Go GETCha SUM!!!!!:grinpimp:

Gerald 08-27-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellalilyslicker (Post 39471)
Gerald, I can't believe you eat crawfish from JT's:eek:. JK, no Brad is a good guy with some quality stuff in that ugly green building, but if you get a chance next season try Heinen's, Mark is a real good friend and works hard on his own farm, ask Brad he knows Mark well.

My brother is very good friend of Brad. Most of Brad's crawfish come from a rice farmer north of Welch. I have been Teal hunting out there and we limited out in 30 minutes each time. I have also been fishing and hunting with Brad.

Now if I could just get some free crawfish.....like my brother gets sometimes.

yellalilyslicker 08-28-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 39811)
My brother is very good friend of Brad. Most of Brad's crawfish come from a rice farmer north of Welch. I have been Teal hunting out there and we limited out in 30 minutes each time. I have also been fishing and hunting with Brad.

Now if I could just get some free crawfish.....like my brother gets sometimes.

Proly on Adrian Augustines farm, thats where Brad gets his crawfish I do believe. Heinens farm is just north of Augustines. I also have crawfish ponds I'm about 10 miles north of Iowa. Was just joking Brad is a real good guy.

Gerald 08-28-2009 04:53 PM

Yep.....did not want to post his name.

yellalilyslicker 08-28-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald (Post 40043)
Yep.....did not want to post his name.

Adrian is my cuzn, he loves any kind of publicity.

Roux Man 09-02-2009 10:13 AM

Shaver's in Shreveport is amazing.

longsidelandry 09-18-2009 09:27 AM

Cajun Claws in Abbeville or Big John's in Erath, I go to either one of those if we aren't boiling them at the house.

yak'em-n-stack'em 09-18-2009 09:29 AM

digging up the old ones longside lol

i want some crawfish

longsidelandry 09-18-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em (Post 49953)
digging up the old ones longside lol

i want some crawfish

lol I didn't even notice the date until you said something. I'm craving some good crawfish right about now...

Oilfisher 09-24-2009 08:56 AM

The Boiling Point between Broussard and New Iberia! And if you like boiled or fried shrimp, I have yet to see a place with bigger shrimp!

whunter29 09-25-2009 07:50 PM

Stelly in Abbeville they are the best I have ever eaten

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 08:05 PM

Anybody ever ate at Hawk's? Its somewheres around Lafayette. I ate there a few years ago and I remember it being some pretty stuff!!

longsidelandry 09-25-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 53403)
Anybody ever ate at Hawk's? Its somewheres around Lafayette. I ate there a few years ago and I remember it being some pretty stuff!!

I've never heard of it.

bay_slayer 09-25-2009 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by longsidelandry (Post 53465)
I've never heard of it.

Sorry, its in Rayne, La. I just remember going down a dirt road for a few minutes..........its in the middle of nowhere. If ya ever get a chance you should try em.

longsidelandry 09-25-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay_slayer (Post 53468)
Sorry, its in Rayne, La. I just remember going down a dirt road for a few minutes..........its in the middle of nowhere. If ya ever get a chance you should try em.

may have to try it out one day.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted