SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boating Talk (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Im at a loss. (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28088)

BIG RED 1983 02-14-2012 03:23 PM

Gide = guide sorry for the spelling error

huggybro 02-14-2012 03:39 PM

Stern thrusters..kinda like bow thrusters but on the *** end.

bmac 02-14-2012 05:01 PM

W is kind of a stickler for correct spelling, from what I have seen.

Dink 02-14-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmac (Post 392669)
W is kind of a stickler for correct spelling, from what I have seen.

Funny!!

PUREBAY2200 02-14-2012 07:34 PM

Trim & troll is big in Florida.
Especially for tarpon fishing.

flounder_smacker 02-14-2012 09:07 PM

W don't have a t top cause he can't find wood screws big enough to hold it down.

bluewing 02-14-2012 09:44 PM

Buddy had some installed on an Everglades. Biggest pieces of S%^& i've seen in a while, and he fishes platforms often. I won't recommend them to anyone.

david79thomas 02-25-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outcast (Post 392594)
Trim and troll tabs. I had a pair on my action craft when i got it. I took them off and installed a bow mount trolling motor. I still have the setup if you are looking for some

Have you had any problems with yours? I have some on my boat I got. Made from Florida, they would use it fishing flats. I think it has a remote, which I don't have, that operates it. I've seen a video where someone who looked like a guide was on a poling platform and spun the boat around with them. I hear they have lots of problems and make a lot of noise.

calcutta37 02-25-2013 06:56 PM

David take those off and get an ipilot trolling motor.

BayBolt23 02-25-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcutta37 (Post 553471)
David take those off and get an ipilot trolling motor.

Yep

david79thomas 02-25-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBolt23 (Post 553477)
Yep

I got a 101 lb ipilot. I guess I'll take them off.

cmac23 02-25-2013 07:44 PM

Yep, I would take them off Dave!!!
I've never heard anything good about them...

Wide Open 02-26-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david79thomas (Post 553478)
I got a 101 lb ipilot. I guess I'll take them off.

A friend of mine had those pieces of **** installed on the very same boat you have, and just yanked them off after 7yrs and put a I pilot on his;)
Don't look back after you do!!!:cool:
PS. How do you like your fast cat???
What kind of numbers are you getting with the Vmax 300?

bgizzle 02-26-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmac23 (Post 553481)
Yep, I would take them off Dave!!!
I've never heard anything good about them...

X2

david79thomas 02-26-2013 09:18 AM

I have a mercury bravo I with a 26 pitch and I got it to 73 @ 5700. Lanier told me to try the Bravo xs with the same pitch. But really, that's plenty plenty fast

david79thomas 02-26-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wide Open (Post 553585)
A friend of mine had those pieces of **** installed on the very same boat you have, and just yanked them off after 7yrs and put a I pilot on his;)
Don't look back after you do!!!:cool:
PS. How do you like your fast cat???
What kind of numbers are you getting with the Vmax 300?

Is your friend live in south Louisiana? Is he on this forum or on another one?

jpeff31787 02-26-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG RED 1983 (Post 392628)
"w" WHY DONT YOU LIKE THEM

cuz he couldn't reach it :p

Wide Open 02-28-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david79thomas (Post 553641)
Is your friend live in south Louisiana? Is he on this forum or on another one?

Yes, he lives just outside of New Orleans. I'm not sure if he is on any forums, I have not seen him on here for sure!
Even though that bravo 1 may be plenty fast for you, the XS may be a little more eff. ( cruise, hole shot, fuel Eco) I've been told by more than one that it is a hammer of a wheel :D
How do you like your rig? It's unlike most boats isn't it? :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted