SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is this a good or bad idea? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33858)

LouisianaFisherman 07-15-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 462990)
It's been a while since I've caught one, but I think we used to cut the line and retie a new hook, same as with stingrays. We prefer not to mess with stuff that can hurt you. Now I'm sure some folks will chime in and say, "No need to waste a good hook, all you do is ..." But why risk it? Cutting the line also gives most fish a bigger chance of survival than extended handling to remove a hook (not that I care too much about stingray and oyster fish survival).

I think that's what I'll do, too. Hopefully, I won't catch anything like that to begin with.

kenmore_mo 07-16-2012 09:24 AM

had a president, gave it away it's crap, in my opinion. Penn Battle 4000

LouisianaFisherman 07-16-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenmore_mo (Post 463268)
had a president, gave it away it's crap, in my opinion. Penn Battle 4000

I've heard Penn makes great saltwater reels. What species do you use the Battle 4000 for?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted