SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fishing in the Lafitte area! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34232)

eman 09-25-2012 09:50 PM

Winter time is your friend in lafitte. The river is usually low and the trout and reds move into that area.

YellaBlazer 09-26-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave (Post 497215)
Yella, any updates on Lafitte? I went last Sunday for a short period and as usual didn't catch but only a couple...

I should be back out there is weekend.

Lots of redfish being caught in the Pen right now. Fish the east side from the middle heading north. Black/chartreuse on the bottom and gulp under a cork.

Trout are slowly making their way in, but they are spread out all over. Little Lake, Bay Cray, Lake Laurier... Just look for the white shrimp popping. There have been a few birds working on the east side, but 1 in 10 trout are keepers. Lately, 30-40 has been a good day.

SuperDave 10-03-2012 12:13 PM

Heading to lafitte in the morning and goin to try to find some fish to bring back home to my parents back in Georgia on Friday.

Reds still in the Pen?

Does anyone have any coordinates for the obstructions in the pen?

SuperDave 10-04-2012 02:11 PM

Yella, were you fishing around the mouth of bayou dupont this morning?

SuperDave 10-13-2012 05:25 PM

Anybody been lately? Seems like the thread died...

YellaBlazer 10-13-2012 05:49 PM

Been fishing for the past 3 days. It's been a mixed bag.

Some days, it's an easy limits of reds. Others, you have to work your butt off just to put a few in the box.

Specks have been spotty. You'd catch 70 one day and go back the next and only catch 30. They haven't 100% set up in their fall spots yet.

We need some cool weather to really kick things off.

YellaBlazer 10-14-2012 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today was one of those easy redfish days. 50 trout to go along with 20 reds.

SuperDave 10-16-2012 07:51 PM

I believe me and my girlfriend rode past yall when I was pulling up to the ramp. I was in a sea foam green flats boat with a poling platform on the back.

I did ok, but didn't catch any where near 50 trout.

Fished with market bait under a cork, spinner bait with a marsh works mud minnow with a chart tail, and also carolina rigged some market shrimp.

YellaBlazer 10-16-2012 10:03 PM

My boat is hard to miss. You can see that bright yellow from a mile away.

We did best with plastics under a cork for both reds and trout. They were chasing schools of pogies. Anything that looked like a minnow got destroyed.

I'll be back out there again this weekend. If you see the boat, come stop in and say hello.

SuperDave 10-17-2012 04:36 PM

Yeah, my little boat is a kinda different but doesn't POP like that yella. Haha

If I go this weekend it will be Saturday.

YellaBlazer 10-17-2012 08:19 PM

I'll be out there all weekend.

SuperDave 10-09-2017 09:38 PM

Blast from the past!

Anyone fished the Lafitte/Barataria areas in the past few weeks?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted