SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I-Pad (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38899)

Goooh 11-27-2012 05:21 AM

I don't think the mini has been around long enough for real feedback or recommendations IMO. I had the big one and hated typing on it when it was in landscape. I sold it and will get a mini now, screen size isn't that big of an issue for me when you get over 7". And if its for the wife, the mini will fit her purse much better for transport, and kids will be less likely to fumble it. Original iPads were always oversized to me, the mini looks perfect for what a tablet is meant to be - I never looked at my laptop and said "man, I wish I could jut carry the screen around".

Of course anyone with an iPad full size is gonna recommend the full size because that's all they have and know... Not many people dropping $500 on something will admit that anything is to dislike about the investment, that would mean being wrong and none of us like that!! I'm sure the replies to this post will show just how much

The full size to me was cumbersome and never comfortable to use. You can barely one-hand it, if at all, and use any of the functions.

There's my 2 cents.

Raymond 11-27-2012 12:29 PM

BB has the mini for $329 with 16 gb/wifi and the gen 2 is $399 with same.
The LifeProof case for it is half of the cost of the unit but just as soon as I cheap out it will get dunked. How much junk is 16 gb? Should I go with more gigabite or Trigabite?

alphaman 11-27-2012 02:53 PM

Do some research on the samasung galaxy note 10.1 and compare the 2. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Micah 11-27-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 521867)
BB has the mini for $329 with 16 gb/wifi and the gen 2 is $399 with same.
The LifeProof case for it is half of the cost of the unit but just as soon as I cheap out it will get dunked. How much junk is 16 gb? Should I go with more gigabite or Trigabite?

I have a 16gb Iphone and have 33 apps, about 30 songs, and around 250 pictures and about 20 videos and still have 6.5gb left...hope that gives you an idea.

scott craft 11-27-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 521867)
BB has the mini for $329 with 16 gb/wifi and the gen 2 is $399 with same.
The LifeProof case for it is half of the cost of the unit but just as soon as I cheap out it will get dunked. How much junk is 16 gb? Should I go with more gigabite or Trigabite?

32 would be safe. Just depends on how many songs and videos you plan on putting on it. What's the price difference between 16 and 32?

Tightline11 11-27-2012 05:47 PM

1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte. Hope this helps.


How much junk is 16 gb?






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD

specktator 11-27-2012 08:11 PM

Check out the Zagg Folio wireless keyboard/case for the IPad. Pretty cool. I have one for mine makes typing and web surfing a lot easier.

hoosierplugger 11-27-2012 08:32 PM

The one with 3g has a gps chip in it that will run chartplotter software even if you dont activate the cell plan.

Nice backup for yout gps unit.

weedeater 11-27-2012 09:11 PM

If you switch to Verizon and get a phone that has hotspot capabilities you can get you a pad that runs off phone internet for pretty cheap.... just a thought

scott craft 11-27-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 522040)
If you switch to Verizon and get a phone that has hotspot capabilities you can get you a pad that runs off phone internet for pretty cheap.... just a thought

That's what I plan on doing. We just switched to a shared data plan, so wifi tethering with our phones is included. Of course it only costs $10 a month to get a tablet with celllular data too.

Shawn Braquet 11-28-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedeater (Post 522040)
If you switch to Verizon and get a phone that has hotspot capabilities you can get you a pad that runs off phone internet for pretty cheap.... just a thought

Im thinking that jail breaking an I phone does that for free

that guy 11-28-2012 08:56 AM

I got my wife a tablet by Asus last year. The guys at Best Buy recommended it over the Ipad. Its been good so far, bigger screen then Ipad and has an attachable keyboard u can get. Ran me about $400 I think. It also runs all the android apps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Samarai 11-28-2012 09:32 AM

I have an ipad 2 i bought for my daughter and never uses it since shes either on the laptop or her Iphone. So now its mine. Honestly 600 dollars for this thing, I could've gotten a real nice laptop for that price. Cant really do any kind or work on that thing except browsing couple of websites every morning. I spend more time on my laptops.

weedeater 11-28-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by that guy (Post 522135)
I got my wife a tablet by Asus last year. The guys at Best Buy recommended it over the Ipad. Its been good so far, bigger screen then Ipad and has an attachable keyboard u can get. Ran me about $400 I think. It also runs all the android apps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

My wife has one of the Asus with the key board and really like it plus my 3tells loves playing games on it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted