SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ford Vs Chevy Vs Dodge Vs etc... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4278)

huntin fool 10-21-2009 03:36 PM

Ford baby. F-250.

SULPHITE 10-21-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

I had to Bo Duke it for a couple days with the broke door handle.
:*****:

Ray 10-21-2009 03:41 PM

Ford is coming out with a new diesel engine. I ain't liking it too much. You have to add chicken *****(urea) to the exhaust system for better emissions.
It is going to cost something like $70 every 3000 miles to add it.
The rest of the engine package looks very nice. But the urea thing sux.

scatv 10-21-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 65058)
Ford is coming out with a new diesel engine. I ain't liking it too much. You have to add chicken *****(urea) to the exhaust system for better emissions.
It is going to cost something like $70 every 3000 miles to add it.
The rest of the engine package looks very nice. But the urea thing sux.

All three will have it our Chevy rep says that they will continue making the 2009's for as long as possible to not have the additive till hopefully 2011.

fishinpox 10-21-2009 04:32 PM

ford

SULPHITE 10-21-2009 04:32 PM

will there be an f150 diesel??

longsidelandry 10-21-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 65102)
will there be an f150 diesel??

I've been hearing alot about that.

yellalilyslicker 10-21-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 65009)
I have always been a Chevy man.. Till i bought me the Dodge 2500 with the cummings... Now im hooked. I still like the Chevy, but its hard to beat that cummings.

In all reality... All 3 trucks are some great trucks. (made in the USA)

Like Catdaddy I've had them all, liked the Ford 7.3 liters ok, Duramax chevy only made 145,000 miles and it was over for the engine, now I have a 5.9 diesel Dodge Mega cab 4x4 and really like it, I do haul heavy loads so we shall see if it holds up. My wife is sticking with the Chevy Suburban shes had 4 and still wants nothing else.

slip knot 10-21-2009 05:46 PM

I believe im gonna keep driving what i got for a while. After o bammy bankrupted GM and sent my stock to he11 im not gonna be getting an gm anytime soon,
One of my employees has a f250 super duty that gets crappy mileage. He's almost out of warranty and is talking about an EGR delete, exhaust system and tuner to get his mileage up .why spend the additional $2k for mileage the damm thing should have anyway?
I've got two dodges that don't get very good mpg's and a friends 300C pimp mobile just had the water pump crater $1400 to get it going. Pump runs off the timing chain and the chain has a defect that the dealer recommends replacing but it not covered under warranty? Think i'll stick with my current crop of POS' for now. ..SK

blackmamba 10-21-2009 05:57 PM

Got my first Chevy truck in '06 and love it. Im hoping to get at least 200,000 miles out of it because..well, I think I need a new boat soon..

coachlaw 10-21-2009 06:14 PM

My '92 Chevy got 350,000 miles with no losses along the way besides the heater core. Sold it and teared up as I watched it drive away. My 2004 is a great truck too, though I had to scream (literally) at the dealership to get them to treat me right on the steering column and intrument gauges issue. I'm over 80,000 now and I hope to get to 300,000 with this one. I don't think the motor is as good as the old 350s though.

My 1954 Bel Air has 116,000 miles and is over 56 years old now. They don't make them like that anymore.

Dink 10-21-2009 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine...........and here's what I think....................

Gas truck=Chevy
Diesel truck= Dodge
Junk truck=Ford

Dink 10-21-2009 06:37 PM

Edit: The new Dodge gas is awesome.........That's what I would get today
The new Dodge diesel is junk.............That's what I've been told............
Any Diesel 04 or older is the way to go.................





On the Other hand..........GMC is running some AWESOME deals right now..............Hmmm..........I'm perplexed now

whunter29 10-21-2009 06:48 PM

I like both Chevy and Dodge. I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 crew cab diesel for my hotshot business and its a beast with the 6.7 and the aisan tranny. I pull way more than what the manufacture says you can pull with it and it just keeps going. I have pulled 27000 pounds with it and had no problems with it. Now I don't do that everyday but I do pull my 40' minifloat with it everyday and all I have had to replace was 1 tps sensor, 1 fuse box under the hood and 1 master cylinder for the brakes. All of this in 180000 miles of pulling. The engine uses no oil at 180000 miles so that tells me its a good one. I average around 11mpg while pulling loaded and around 14 empty trailer. Now this is all around mileage not just hwy. I also have a 97 chevy with a 4.3 vortec and it has 207000 miles on it and its for sale. Great gas mileage at 21 on the highway and 18 in town. That has been one hell of a truck and all I have replaced on it was a fuel pump and a clutch because its a standard. It uses no oil and still runs like new. Only drawback to the 4.3 is the engine is a little small for full size extended cab truck. I now drive an 04 Z71 with the 5.3 vortec and I love this truck but the gas mileage sucks.

T-BAZ 10-21-2009 07:02 PM

I had a 07 Dodge 2500 5.9 cummins and i loved it until the tranny gave out on me not once but 3 times. Yep that thing ate up three transmissions. When i brought it to the shop the third time i dropped it off and went straight to the Ford place and yep i done it, i bought a 08 F-250 Super Duty Diesel and so far i love it. I have never really liked ford but it is growing on me.I have a 40' fifth wheel camper and that truck has no problem pullin it. Fuel mileage aint the best but what the hell my company pays for my fuel.

BIGJ 10-21-2009 07:07 PM

Chevy DMAX
The best out there since the Ford 7.3 went away.

Dink 10-21-2009 08:18 PM

No Toyota guys??? I hear they're nice............where ya'll at??

CatDaddy 10-21-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 65196)
No Toyota guys??? I hear they're nice............where ya'll at??


I had a Tacoma, Awesome azz truck... I wore that dern thing out. I put it in every field, and would never back down from a mud challenge. I traded it in full of mud with 110,000 miles, and still got 13,000 for it..

Dink 10-21-2009 08:30 PM

Wife has a 4-runner............didn't get 4WD......I'm stupid!!! You live, you learn........

CatDaddy 10-21-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dink (Post 65202)
Wife has a 4-runner............didn't get 4WD......I'm stupid!!! You live, you learn........


Damn good trucks, and have an awesome trade in value


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted