SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   who is ready for some Specks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48713)

bgizzle 10-16-2013 10:40 PM

Sounds like fun all around! Sry Nate but the flying kind of specks is what really makes me have more goosebumps. You'll see when you hear them bad boys calling back holding a convo with the caller and then they commit and drop in with no noise and feet down chest out that's the way we like to cut!(em)

DeeCee 10-17-2013 06:37 AM

Took a ride yesterday, don't remember seeing this many specks, this early. Saw a BUNCH

cgoods17 10-17-2013 08:44 AM

whoever says fishing is better than shooting specks at 10-15 yards has obviously never been a part of such an amazing event...

its one thing to sit in the blind and let the guide call them in for you since you geeks cant blow a speck call... but to be the one who is talking the bird into giving up, thats the s.h.i.t

lilrab1989 10-17-2013 08:48 AM

hell yea i love fishing but theres just something that gets me all turned up when u have birds 10 yards flipping an flopping an they get so close u can see them blink now thats what gets me

BassYakR 10-17-2013 08:57 AM

Yall have obviously not got on a good school of nice sized trout bustin shrimp like crazy and for 30-40 mins straight its double hookups for both ppl in the boat on topwater.... fish jumping out the water flipping over ur spook! ITS EFFIN AMAZING!!!

cgoods17 10-17-2013 09:01 AM

haha... no comparison.. little bitty slimy yellowmouth terds...

now if we were talking about bluewater fishing then it might have a fight..

BassYakR 10-17-2013 09:11 AM

There is no way i can ever agree with you man! lol we must agree to disagree!

bgizzle 10-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassYakR (Post 636842)
Yall have obviously not got on a good school of nice sized trout bustin shrimp like crazy and for 30-40 mins straight its double hookups for both ppl in the boat on topwater.... fish jumping out the water flipping over ur spook! ITS EFFIN AMAZING!!!

I have! ALOT! And dude I'm telling you! You have no idea! Everyone! Nate is trying to compare this and he hasn't ever duck/goose hunted!!!! Boooo this man!

bgizzle 10-17-2013 09:27 AM

W chime in and explain what we talking bout!

BassYakR 10-17-2013 09:40 AM

Id be willing to bed W chooses fishing over hunting. especially during these fall months of fishing!

Clampy 10-17-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 636853)
I have! ALOT! And dude I'm telling you! You have no idea! Everyone! Nate is trying to compare this and he hasn't ever duck/goose hunted!!!! Boooo this man!

It is an opinion isn't it. I love shooting deer and prolly would take a deer hunt over fishing but I do that 1-2 a year. I'm gonna fish over 100.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bucoo 10-17-2013 10:07 AM

We live in south louisiana...why complain when we can go blast some ducks and geese in the morning and go slam some trout in the evening! Best of both worlds and everybody's happy happy happy!

lilrab1989 10-17-2013 10:08 AM

i have seen it just dont excite me like shooting ducks a geese sry but everybody has there own love

Goooh 10-17-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucoo (Post 636867)
We live in south louisiana...why complain when we can go blast some ducks and geese in the morning and go slam some trout in the evening! Best of both worlds and everybody's happy happy happy!

Winning


Sent

Bucoo 10-17-2013 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
But I'm not gonna lie specks are by far the funnest thing to hunt to me. Especially when you get some good hunts. Know somebody around the gueydan area that has seen some in some fields a few days agoAttachment 57655

MarshRat89 10-17-2013 11:49 AM

Bottom line is I can fish 305 days a year. I can only shoot specs for 60 days. Plus most winter days I can be out the blind with my limit and still have Time to get on the water.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quackhead62 10-17-2013 12:31 PM

Im just ready for duck seasons to start up. And hopefully get on a good speck hunt are too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

grizzon30s 10-17-2013 02:36 PM

I'm ready for duck season. I wish I had a place to shoot some specks. I'm full of ducks but specks are few and far in between.
I've told myself this year, instead of beating my head against the wall and hunting on blue bird no wind type days, I'm gonna fish instead. I cant tell you how many times I look at the weather and know that there will be no ducks but go anyway. So fishing during fishing weather and hunting during hunting weather is the plan this year.

PotLikinisAhabbit 10-17-2013 07:20 PM

Post front winter time fishing is a slow grind almost better to grind it out in the duck blind.

AubreyLaHaye458 10-17-2013 07:23 PM

Saw some specklebellys heading south this afternoon


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted