SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ribeye Alton Brown style (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50121)

Matt G 01-13-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SULPHITE (Post 658761)
Sunday dinner c'est bon

Attachment 61474


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You making me hungry for another steak! And asparagus is the best vegetable period.

SULPHITE 01-13-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 658904)
You making me hungry for another steak! And asparagus is the best vegetable period.

I had to do it your steak looked to dang good to not try!

duckman1911 01-14-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmac (Post 658885)
What does a cabinet have to do with a steak?

Thats funny right there. Cabernet Sauvignon. A very good wine that pairs excellent with beef. A cold beer does equally well too.
Fine looking steaks fellows. Damn sure looks like good eats.
Paul that triangle is where the A-1 goes. I thought errbody knew that? Lmao

PaulMyers 01-14-2014 01:31 PM

A1 ? :banghead:

meaux fishing 01-14-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 659108)
A1 ? :banghead:

X2

mriguy 01-14-2014 04:31 PM

Wasatch brewery Polygamy Porter is my favorite beer match for steak

duckman1911 01-14-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 659108)
A1 ? :banghead:

A-1 is good on everything but cereal, ice cream. Lets just say I like it.lmao

MarshRat89 02-02-2014 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was looking through the freezer for something to cook and found some cut pork tender loin. Figured why not. I took the first piece to test it out. Went 30 and 30 on the sear then 2 and 2 in the oven. That cooked it perfect. And damn that just hit the spot.
Attachment 63096


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G 02-02-2014 09:03 PM

I never thought about trying it with pork. I have a freezer full of pork I can try it on. You seasoned it the same way as the steaks?

MarshRat89 02-02-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt G (Post 663219)
I never thought about trying it with pork. I have a freezer full of pork I can try it on. You seasoned it the same way as the steaks?


Yep salt fresh ground pepper and a dash of nunu's seasoning blend. Those cuts weren't as thick though only about an inch. Cooked it perfect with those times though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjhooper82 02-14-2014 11:06 PM

I have a few T bones in the freezer that I'm going to try this way.

Mako19 02-14-2014 11:12 PM

I cooked ribeyes from Hebert's tonight for my wife and me.
Didn't try this method but I will give it a shot next time.

Matt G 02-14-2014 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I threw it down on some chicken breast tonight with some sautéed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Not quiet a ribeye, but I'm going to bed happy!

Attachment 63859

Mako19 02-14-2014 11:18 PM

Nice work Matt!

Those cherry tomatoes look good! I have never grilled those.

Matt G 02-14-2014 11:22 PM

Thank you sir! My mom always sautéed the tomatoes when she cooks her pastas and its amazing the flavor they have by just a few minutes in the skillet.

Marshjugger 02-15-2014 09:18 AM

Yum yum explosion in ya mout!

bjhooper82 02-15-2014 09:54 PM

I tried it out on a ribeye tonight and it was pretty damn good. I don't think I seasoned it quite enough but I'll just have to try it again I guess.

Cappy 02-16-2014 12:19 PM

Bought da wife a rib eye for valentines day it was on sale for 4$ a lb. Took it home and put 9 vac bags on the freezer and flash fried us some for supper simply onion, garlic powder, salt, black pepper. flash fried then pit in a low oven to rest for a few minutes. Good way to do pork steaks too. Oh, I guess I shoulda mentioned that the steak I got her was around 3 ft thick.:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted