SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jig vs Popping cork (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52816)

"W" 04-22-2014 11:30 AM

Fishing plastic with out a cork allows you to fish every level of water deep,shallow and mid

Jig weight makes a great difference in catching and fishing.

Days you have to make trout eat!

meaux fishing 04-22-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 683265)
All depends on what type of fisherman you are. I never used a cork ( have on few small occasion over last 10 years)

If you can work a plastic you will never need a cork


I have never been out fished in my boat by a popping cork "Never"

what about the time Hurt em Hatten put it on you with a cork?

"W" 04-22-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 683306)
what about that the time Hurt em Hatten put it on you with a cork?

That was cork vs cork and once I started throwing my jig again I smoked his shoes off

He did beat me throwing cork vs cork but I won total # of fish

MathGeek 04-22-2014 01:01 PM

The elitists are out today. They seem to be biting on baits suspended from corks, but I think closer consideration reveals that the corks are being trolled and the trolls are being fed.

specktator 04-22-2014 01:21 PM

Cork is great for fishing the birds. I have been burned by guys throwing corks and me throwing a jig under the birds. Keeps bait right where they want it at all times. And for women/children so they can't get hung on the bottom. All I throw is spooks and corky's though.

grizzon30s 04-22-2014 01:55 PM

I think they both have their pros and cons when used correctly. I have never had much luck with a cork, I've always done better tight line and I like that more. I'm sure it's because my cork technique isn't quite rite. I'd like to learn how to use cork better as I think it would make me a more well rounded fisherman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SGib 04-22-2014 02:14 PM

I'm living that spooklife

keakar 04-22-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goooh (Post 683276)

Sound a little defensive and unacceptable of opinions that differ from yours. Sounds like everyone here should adhere to your concrete beliefs.

I got bored with a cork when I was 8, and my 8 year old is bored with corks.

Sorry my differing opinion upsets you.

And nobody implied that it was beneath them, you are interpreting that to be the case either because of a chip on your shoulder or you just like confrontation.

I have corks in my boat, and have used them to locate like mentioned above. The rare occasion I do use them to locate, I switch to the more exciting method TO ME.

The OP asked for opinions from everyone. He didn't state that he wanted opinions that supported his or your thought process either way.

it was you who chose to comment on my opinion and to suggest by that comment someone using a cork is "Not learning to select and fish a lure"

so yea, you tell any fisherman he cant select and fish a lure and he will get defensive over it. that was the point of your post.

feeding time is over

AubreyLaHaye458 04-22-2014 03:27 PM

I'm not prejudice. And I'm not afraid to throw a cork. Especially if I'm fishing with someone else. Depending on who I'm fishing with either I or one of my partners will at least try a cork. I figure it can't hurt. And it's better for people who are less skilled with a rod and reel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishinpox 04-22-2014 06:00 PM

corks suck! i dont care if people are out catching me x 10 in the boat i wont throw that poo! corks are for wimens n churn

PotLikinisAhabbit 04-22-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishinpox (Post 683361)
corks suck! i dont care if people are out catching me x 10 in the boat i wont throw that poo! corks are for wimens n churn

X2
Gotta keep it one hunnit even in the winter

bayouchub 04-22-2014 07:15 PM

I only use a poppin cork with mirrodines or corkys.

Ratdog 04-22-2014 09:59 PM

Water depth. Each has it's place.
No cork in 40 foot water. No gigging in 5 foot of water.

What's the deal.

Ratdog 04-22-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratdog (Post 683455)
Water depth. Each has it's place.
No cork in 40 foot water. No gigging in 5 foot of water.

What's the deal.

Jigging..........and what about poppers?

Visco 04-23-2014 08:54 AM

I agree water depth is the key. However the last two days of fishing my son-n-law used jig and I used a cork. He did better than me on the first day and I seemed to do better on the second day. Both of us fishing the same piece of water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

irokcj5 04-23-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy (Post 683289)
I need to book a trip with you

If you need a partner to go in.... I'd love to learn better plastic techniques.

Goooh 04-23-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 683378)
I only use a poppin cork with mirrodines or corkys.


^^ This

Bucoo 04-23-2014 08:20 PM

Last time I used a crankbait with a cork. Seemed I would get bit every time id start reeling in but I just couldn't connect

mriguy 04-23-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irokcj5 (Post 683678)
If you need a partner to go in.... I'd love to learn better plastic techniques.

Sounds good, my schedule is so booked, It might be July before I could go.

PotLikinisAhabbit 04-23-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucoo (Post 683705)
Last time I used a crankbait with a cork. Seemed I would get bit every time id start reeling in but I just couldn't connect

Lol. You must not be sportin braid to miss fish on that combo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted