SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Redbone Calls around LC (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56957)

speck-addict 10-30-2014 03:33 PM

redbones take the most air in my opinion. i like Riceland more, also JB has a good speck call. I've had them all and i run my riceland the best and for the longest. i can run any call if you give it to me, riceland, to me was the easier to learn and easiest to blow for long periods

speck-addict 10-30-2014 03:35 PM

go one Facebook and look at the page speckled belly goose hunters theres threads with tens of hundred comments, best thing is blow what you like and be where of imitators.

Vermillionaire 10-30-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck-addict (Post 727092)
. I've had them all and i can run any call if you give it to me

Have you really though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucoo 10-30-2014 05:41 PM

I've blown riceland,redbone,Hayes,rnt,xciter, and chien speck calls. In the end the two calls that stand out are the riceland and redbone. I personally run a riceland because of the customer service and that's what I'm comfortable with.

speck-addict 10-30-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermillionaire (Post 727104)
Have you really though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol yes, you haven't been around me in a while sir!! i guess you'll have to come see for yourself

cgoods17 10-31-2014 08:12 AM

it is all about preference, and riceland and redbone are certainly the best two out there... nothing compares right now..

MarshRat89 10-31-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 727088)
That's what I thought. Anyone have any suggestions on a cheaper speck call? I call in a handfull of stupid lonely ones a season in the marsh, but not enough to go full retard. Only one I've ever owned is the rust colored haydels.

Riceland makes a poly for $65. Your wasting your money if you buy anything cheaper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm

MarshRat89 10-31-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucoo (Post 727105)
I've blown riceland,redbone,Hayes,rnt,xciter, and chien speck calls. In the end the two calls that stand out are the riceland and redbone. I personally run a riceland because of the customer service and that's what I'm comfortable with.

Agreed you don't get better people than Bill and James. Last year I lost my guts twice. Both times it was my fault from self tuning. Bill gave me a new set free of charge. You can drive right there to their shop in Hayes and have it tuned specific to you.

Chip Landry 10-31-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunt Drag (Post 727089)
Let me go ahead and post the video since I know it's coming. Might as well get it over with. Riceland da best DUH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5V-OQ8u_SE

Does anyone know who the tall guy on the right side is?

MarshRat89 10-31-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Landry (Post 727149)
Does anyone know who the tall guy on the right side is?

Bill Daniels

Chip Landry 10-31-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 727150)
Bill Daniels

Thanks. Looks a lot like a cousin from Winnie, tx that guides. Video was kinda fuzzy that why I asked.

MarshRat89 10-31-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Landry (Post 727151)
Thanks. Looks a lot like a cousin from Winnie, tx that guides. Video was kinda fuzzy that why I asked.

Nope from Hayes. He guides for the Laccasine Club.

Top Dawg 10-31-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshRat89 (Post 727143)
Riceland makes a poly for $65. Your wasting your money if you buy anything cheaper than that.

Not knockin but I bought a poly last year for my dad and it was a waste of money.

MarshRat89 10-31-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 727155)
Not knockin but I bought a poly last year for my dad and it was a waste of money.

Why is that? I've had the poly for a few seasons and just got the acrylic last year. No problems here for me.

Top Dawg 10-31-2014 09:48 AM

The tone is terrible IMO in the poly. Chien Caille is better than the poly to me if one is looking for a cheaper option. My dad now has a redbone.

meaux fishing 10-31-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth (Post 727088)
That's what I thought. Anyone have any suggestions on a cheaper speck call? I call in a handfull of stupid lonely ones a season in the marsh, but not enough to go full retard. Only one I've ever owned is the rust colored haydels.

Ive been blowing a riceland poly lately. That redbone is one of the best calls Ive heard, one of my buddies just got one a few months ago, but I cant justify spending 200 when I only speck hunt a few times a year

meaux fishing 10-31-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Dawg (Post 727158)
The tone is terrible IMO in the poly. Chien Caille is better than the poly to me if one is looking for a cheaper option. My dad now has a redbone.

mine was way off when I bought it. I had to mess around with the tuning to get it to sound right. That Chein Caille has brought in many a goose though

Spunt Drag 10-31-2014 01:05 PM

My Riceland poly sounds terrible. Very flat as far as tone. I will try and get it tuned at James' place but as far as out of the box, very dissatisfied.

I'm not trying to run their product down and not trying to discourage anyone from buying one. They obviously have a good rep and people like them. Just simply stating my experience.

specktator 11-01-2014 09:36 PM

Redbone Calls around LC

I bought a poly Riceland at outdoor expo this year and love it. First time I tried one. Takes a lot less air than Chien Caille. I've always blown Chien Caille. Both good calls.

redleg one 11-01-2014 10:03 PM

I have used redbones since the prototype stages in 2006. I have multiple calls from each year,and yes,RedBone makes a set number of calls per year and once they are gone that is it for that year.

John A. Chiasson