SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Anchor (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58391)

wishin i was fishin 03-02-2015 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marque (Post 742408)
My boats a pain to anchor because I have to use my gunwale cleat so I don't anchor much. The bow of my boat ends up pointed 45deg into the current. I tried anchoring on Caldwell on a hard falling tide a few times but it was pointless. I would have pulled up anything. Best anchor I have come across is the button on my ipilot remote. But if I am going to be at a spot a while and its shallow enough I use a cajun anchor, power pole, or both. If I am fishing a platform I use a rig hook. Next time I fish Caldwell I am am going to try driving my cajun anchor with a 2lb maul. If you decided to go with a Fortress, I have a brand new one that came with my boat taking up space. I am sure its a great anchor but I hate messing with it, make me a fair offer and I will deliver it.

Put one of these on your bow. makes anchoring much easier.

Marque 03-02-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayouchub (Post 742477)
The gulls and current are natural sounds that they are used to. The hammering of a metal spike into a hard reef bottom not so much.

99% of the time I would agree with you but we are talking about Caldwell Reef here. All sorts of unnatural stuff goes down out there.



Goooh 03-02-2015 10:11 PM

Lmao

capt hoop 03-03-2015 12:11 AM

A coated chain does nothing as far as holding power. Each link in the chain is a shock absorber with individual flexibility. A coated chain is nothing but added weight near the anchor to assist the anchor when digging in. Any anchor without a proper chain is useless.

BArmand 03-03-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capt hoop (Post 742561)
A coated chain does nothing as far as holding power. Each link in the chain is a shock absorber with individual flexibility. A coated chain is nothing but added weight near the anchor to assist the anchor when digging in. Any anchor without a proper chain is useless.

Yep. I've seen Olympic anchor toss from some good fisherman throwing anchor attached to rope. For some reason they think growing it higher and further will drive it in mud. Non-coated heavy chain will do the trick.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted