SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I was waiting for it... (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60596)

irokcj5 07-02-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 761794)
Why would you want to remove MLK statue and his name from street signs?

The man peacefully protested for civil rights and preached the word of God. I'm in total agreement that the Confederate Flag has its place in society as it always has but to attack MLK just to "get even" with people that are against it makes no sense to me.

+1000 :spineyes:

duckman1911 07-02-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluechip (Post 761794)
Why would you want to remove MLK statue and his name from street signs?

The man peacefully protested for civil rights and preached the word of God. I'm in total agreement that the Confederate Flag has its place in society as it always has but to attack MLK just to "get even" with people that are against it makes no sense to me.

Totally agree. MLK would be utterly disgusted by the likes of Sharpton and Jackson. Bunch of race whores they are. MLK stood for decency towards your fellow man.

Reggoh 07-02-2015 12:18 PM

I think the term "ELECTABLE" has changed alot in the last 20 years...

1992 - HUGE debate about did the President inhale when he smoked pot in college

Sept 12, 2001 - If I had told you in 7 years we will elect a muslim named Hussein you would have said I was crazy

2008 - President admitted smoking pot and he was a muslim named Hussein!!

We need to stop letting the media tell us who is and isn't "electable"

marty f 07-02-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marty f (Post 761767)
I need to find something that offends me and run with it.



HELENA, Mont. — A Montana man said Wednesday that he was inspired by last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage to apply for a marriage license so that he can legally wed his second wife.
Nathan Collier and his wives Victoria and Christine applied at the Yellowstone County Courthouse in Billings on Tuesday in an attempt to legitimize their polygamous marriage. Montana, like all 50 states, outlaws bigamy — holding multiple marriage licenses — but Collier said he plans to sue if the application is denied.

GOOD FOR HIM!!!

Not that "I" want 2 wifes, not sure I could deal with 2 of them! HA! but its the principle

eman 07-02-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugardad (Post 761797)
I agree, mlk was a great part of our country, wish he was here in this day and age, he was leader, not the jokers we have in dc right now. The confederate flag is part of this country's history too. But now a days ignorance runs this United States........

MLK was taken out by the same folks that took out JFK and tried to take out Regan. The same folks who got an unqualified foreigner elected not once but twice to the position of POTUS . The same folks that will bring us Bush vs Clinton pt 2.:eek:

duckman1911 07-02-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman (Post 761948)
MLK was taken out by the same folks that took out JFK and tried to take out Regan. The same folks who got an unqualified foreigner elected not once but twice to the position of POTUS . The same folks that will bring us Bush vs Clinton pt 2.:eek:

True and Clinton wins. Either way we all loose. Well at least the people that are able to work and do so.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted