SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   $4.99 per pound boiled crawfish. Ritas at Hebert's Marina (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66456)

Pull n Pray 02-14-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 815773)
Crawfish prices are up because of the warm weather and wind we have had. This rain will probably affect it too.

Haha. There is always an excuse. Too much rain, not enough rain. Then all of sudden after Easter the price bottoms out. Why is one little potato 50 cents? It must have been all the wind we've been having.

meaux fishing 02-15-2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenrod (Post 815753)
You can also buy steaks and shrimp and potatoes, salad and everything else a restaurant has to offer but there sure is a lot of them around.



Lmao

Sightwindow 02-15-2017 05:00 PM

3.29/lb for boiled in New Orleans grocery store. Excellent price it seems to me.

youmyboyblue 02-15-2017 08:01 PM

Why do people say the same BS every year? If you don't feel like spending $90 for a sack of crawfish to feed a group of people, spend $140 on steaks, $140 to make a real seafood gumbo, or $100 for a brisket and jambalaya. Or be a cheap arse and eat hot dogs and chicken legs.
It's amazing to me that the seafood restaurant in madisonville can advertise steak night and people will lineup to spend $19.99 for a bad steak, but god forbid they spend $19.99 on 5 pounds of boiled crawfish.

Pa- I don't care they use to be .49 cents a pound. Milk also use to be much cheaper.

bjhooper82 02-15-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 815817)
Why do people say the same BS every year? If you don't feel like spending $90 for a sack of crawfish to feed a group of people, spend $140 on steaks, $140 to make a real seafood gumbo, or $100 for a brisket and jambalaya. Or be a cheap arse and eat hot dogs and chicken legs.
It's amazing to me that the seafood restaurant in madisonville can advertise steak night and people will lineup to spend $19.99 for a bad steak, but god forbid they spend $19.99 on 5 pounds of boiled crawfish.

Pa- I don't care they use to be .49 cents a pound. Milk also use to be much cheaper.

Agreed!

meaux fishing 02-16-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmyboyblue (Post 815817)
Why do people say the same BS every year? If you don't feel like spending $90 for a sack of crawfish to feed a group of people, spend $140 on steaks, $140 to make a real seafood gumbo, or $100 for a brisket and jambalaya. Or be a cheap arse and eat hot dogs and chicken legs.
It's amazing to me that the seafood restaurant in madisonville can advertise steak night and people will lineup to spend $19.99 for a bad steak, but god forbid they spend $19.99 on 5 pounds of boiled crawfish.

Pa- I don't care they use to be .49 cents a pound. Milk also use to be much cheaper.



Yep... Y'all don't even want to know what I paid for crawfish on Valentine's Day lol.... But it's where the wife wanted to go and they are always selects
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0305d71b3e.jpg

bjhooper82 02-16-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 815831)
Yep... Y'all don't even want to know what I paid for crawfish on Valentine's Day lol.... But it's where the wife wanted to go and they are always selects
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0305d71b3e.jpg

Is that Cajun Claws in abbeville??

lil bubba 02-16-2017 11:06 AM

At $4.99 # my wife and I could have eaten crawfish and potato's cheaper than that lousy dinner we had in manchac...

meaux fishing 02-16-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhooper82 (Post 815840)
Is that Cajun Claws in abbeville??



Yep

swamp snorkler 02-16-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 815841)
dinner we had in manchac...


You talking about Middendorfs?

bjhooper82 02-16-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meaux fishing (Post 815842)
Yep

Their crawfish are awesome! You better get there early though or you will be **** outta luck! We always go early, put our name down then sit at the bar until they start serving.

lil bubba 02-16-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 815844)
You talking about Middendorfs?

YEP........

DaPointIsDaBomb 02-16-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 815844)
You talking about Middendorfs?

Talk about a ripoff. They get a catfish filet and filet it three more times and sell it as "thin fried" and charge extra for 1/3 of the fish place is always packed though

swamp snorkler 02-16-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 815850)
Talk about a ripoff. They get a catfish filet and filet it three more times and sell it as "thin fried" and charge extra for 1/3 of the fish place is always packed though

Yeah I dont get the love for the place, even their regular catfish is thin.

DaPointIsDaBomb 02-16-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 815856)
Yeah I dont get the love for the place, even their regular catfish is thin.

Nothing on the menu is good there but it is always packed with tourists We had to stop every time we went through manchac when we visited my aunt from norco

lil bubba 02-16-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb (Post 815857)
Nothing on the menu is good there but it is always packed with tourists We had to stop every time we went through manchac when we visited my aunt from norco

I got to say onion rings are great....thats it ......Da Point send me a PM who your aunt is please...I probly know her....May be related....

tboy 02-16-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swamp snorkler (Post 815856)
Yeah I dont get the love for the place, even their regular catfish is thin.

This. Right here.

DaPointIsDaBomb 02-16-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil bubba (Post 815859)
I got to say onion rings are great....thats it ......Da Point send me a PM who your aunt is please...I probly know her....May be related....

She lived there about five years back in the 90s and is now a lesbian living somewhere around Holden. Kinda disowned her but reconnected last year whenever I found out she had my grandmas magnalite pot was trying to sell it on Craigslist and I was trying to buy it. Didn't know it was her when I called. Like a strange family reunion when I met her to pick it up

Was good to see her, we exchanged a few recipes, not much has changed with her. She goes bowling and golfing more than she used to is alll

southLA 02-16-2017 08:31 PM

$5/lb? Holy ****. I'm pulling large/selects out the field and selling them for $1.25 wholesale. You tell me who's making the most money on that $5/lb....

meaux fishing 02-16-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southLA (Post 815865)
$5/lb? Holy ****. I'm pulling large/selects out the field and selling them for $1.25 wholesale. You tell me who's making the most money on that $5/lb....



The government...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted