SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Duck hunting in Louisiana (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19597)

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 12:59 PM

I shot the head completly off a speck one time in pine island. The same year during the conservation season i shot 3 snows in one shot.

joshdomingue 06-24-2011 01:41 PM

Had a buddy kill 3 mallards in one shot and 3 teal in one shot..........lucky bastard

huntin fool 06-24-2011 02:30 PM

I shot 4 squealers in one shot before.. and 3 snows

specktator 06-24-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 275362)
I shot 4 squealers in one shot before.. and 3 snows

I have seen more than one squealer dropped in one shot a bunch of times. Their wingspan is so big. I know someone that might have driven their 4wheeler up on some feeding in the marsh opening day last year and shot 2 shots and killed 13. :D

all star rod 06-24-2011 02:54 PM

Man all this duck hunting talk is getting me excited. Put down 1/2 the $ this past week on a new lease which is South of Kaplan (about 2-3 miles from the intracoastal). My SBE2 is ready for teal season!

specktator 06-24-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 275373)
Man all this duck hunting talk is getting me excited. Put down 1/2 the $ this past week on a new lease which is South of Kaplan (about 2-3 miles from the intracoastal). My SBE2 is ready for teal season!

Congrats on the new lease. Always think about that area when I'm passin through to PI. Bet u will do well.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 03:02 PM

We still need alot of rain to put water in my marsh, cause to me ain't nothing like killing them there, but if i have to i'll hunt in lyons point or klondike.

all star rod 06-24-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 275376)
Congrats on the new lease. Always think about that area when I'm passin through to PI. Bet u will do well.

We had a good one (blind) last year but the little a-hole who ran/farmed the lease had a guide service. Since we had one of the best blinds he screwed us and told the old lady who owns the land that we were shooting late, baiting the pond and whatever other B.S. he could come up with. I cannot wait til he post his adds on LSM:D. This place I just picked up is about 3-4 South of 335 (which is the road that runs by suires) You head West about 3-4 miles make a left on Joe Road and head 3-4 miles due South. I have heard good things about it due to a few people I know. However, I wish my father in law could pick up his buddies lease in PI. They have one blind that is a GREY duck grave yard! But now they (vermillion corp) will not let you just move the lease to someones name. All the new leases coming open are being bid out...

Montauk17 06-24-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 275373)

You can come pick me up on your way out,my house is on the way to kaplan. :D

all star rod 06-24-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 275396)
You can come pick me up on your way out,my house is on the way to kaplan. :D

If you are able to hunt during the week I can sneak you in for a hunt since I share it with two other guys! Weekends are tough!

specktator 06-24-2011 03:27 PM

Yeh my uncles lease in PI is the same with the greys. Seems like the greys hold south of 82 better. They limit every hunt and it's prob 90% greys.

Montauk17 06-24-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 275402)
If you are able to hunt during the week I can sneak you in for a hunt since I share it with two other guys! Weekends are tough!

I was just messin with ya,but if I am not working im game.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 03:29 PM

We hunt across the catholic church in gc south of the hwy and our limits are about 75% greys with teal and scaup being the rest.

all star rod 06-24-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specktator (Post 275414)
Yeh my uncles lease in PI is the same with the greys. Seems like the greys hold south of 82 better. They limit every hunt and it's prob 90% greys.

My father in laws buddies lease is on the South side to. His camp/lot is right past Billys brothers new camp (which is a monster). Just goes to show how ducks are, he has three blinds all 1/3 mile apart from one another in a triangle. This one blind kills 75% birds on his lease day in day out! They usually shoot more GREYS in the first split vs the 2nd.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 03:37 PM

I wish it was about 75% teal, cause i love shooting them, and i believe there ain't nothing like some teal smothered with deer sausage and onions.

all star rod 06-24-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 275422)
I wish it was about 75% teal, cause i love shooting them, and i believe there ain't nothing like some teal smothered with deer sausage and onions.

Yes teal are the best eating. However, I love shooting those stupid greys when they come in. They can make a spoon look smart...

specktator 06-24-2011 03:45 PM

Bust u a few squelers, skin them don't pluck em, toss em in da pot an cook dat! Teal and squelers are at the top of my list of good eatin ducks, but Squelers are becoming my favorite.

DUCKGOGETTER 06-24-2011 03:46 PM

You right. Man last year i was hunting on the west side of miami corp. And we had a flock of about 200 greys come in. By far the biggest flock of big ducks i ever seen decoy in person, and we never fired a shot we just all sat there in amazement. It was so pretty to see all them wings cupped and feet down and hearing all the quacks it was unreal. We didn't want to shoot into them and educate a bunch of ducks. We limited out that day, but even if we wouldn't of killed a bird just that alone was worth getting up at 3:00 am.