SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Curado (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408)

LaAngler 07-08-2009 07:04 PM

shimano needs to lose the graphite and plastic on the curado.....

Salty 07-08-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 21818)
shimano needs to lose the graphite and plastic on the curado.....


Bruce, I think the plastic is a good idea.....

more plastic = less rust. :smokin:

all star rod 07-08-2009 07:19 PM

That is a fish there and that is the one that put that Rod-N-Reel on the map. I bet he made a lot of gar fish balls with that one. Looks like W was fishing by the WEIRS.
I never have put oil on my Curado or Citica reels yet. I only lightly spray them down with water from a garden hose and then wipe them off. Never casted a bare hook. Usually have some cut bait at the end of the hook...just joking. BTW, had to make a sales trip today to the LC area, so made a late afternoon trip yesterday to Big Lake with a buddy of mine and we had 26 plus 1 red. Most were caught on swim baits and a few on top water. Waited for the rain and wind to pass in the afternoon and once it did the lake was like glass.

"W" 07-08-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 21826)
That is a fish there and that is the one that put that Rod-N-Reel on the map. I bet he made a lot of gar fish balls with that one. Looks like W was fishing by the WEIRS.
I never have put oil on my Curado or Citica reels yet. I only lightly spray them down with water from a garden hose and then wipe them off. Never casted a bare hook. Usually have some cut bait at the end of the hook...just joking. BTW, had to make a sales trip today so made a late afternoon trip yesterday to Big Lake with a buddy of mine and we had 26 plus 1 red. Most were caught on swim baits and a few on top water.


My Shimano dealer said NEVER spray them with water....It just pushes the saltwater in farther....His best advice for cleaning is just whip down with damp rag or oil!!!! My best advice is let em ride!!!!

Salty 07-08-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21827)
My Shimano dealer said NEVER spray them with water....It just pushes the saltwater in farther....His best advice for cleaning is just whip down with damp rag or oil!!!! My best advice is let em ride!!!!


:eek:


Your "Shimano dealer" is correct. You are full of BS.

all star rod 07-08-2009 07:31 PM

where do you oil them??? I have a little bottle of oil that came with each reel but not sure where....do you remove the cover where the 6 pins are and oil it there? Again, I lightly put fresh water on them. I do not spary them with any water pressue.

Deadly D 07-08-2009 07:35 PM

W your reels got a good cleaning today,I know my did tore down all 4 of them and they were full of water but ready for tomorrow

Salty 07-08-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 21818)
shimano needs to lose the graphite and plastic on the curado.....


W's Curados are specially made, by Shimano, just for him. The reason his reels don't rust is because they have plastic gears, bearings and drag. When all you catch are 12" trout....they hold up great. :smokin:

"W" 07-08-2009 07:55 PM

DD....I forgot to tell you this!!! Thank god Chris was with me today!!! I was casting into a school of trout and I caught my waterloo rod in the eye and slung it in the water!!! Chris saved the day with the quick grab!!!


ASR....I put oil in the worm gear and un screw the spool brake and oil that bearing.....that's the most I ever do!!!

Deadly D 07-08-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21835)
DD....I forgot to tell you this!!! Thank god Chris was with me today!!! I was casting into a school of trout and I caught my waterloo rod in the eye and slung it in the water!!! Chris saved the day with the quick grab!!!


ASR....I put oil in the worm gear and un screw the spool brake and oil that bearing.....that's the most I ever do!!!

Moma would have kicked that rearend if you would have lost that one. Where did that happen at the weirs.:*****:

"W" 07-08-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 21837)
Moma would have kicked that rearend if you would have lost that one. Where did that happen at the weirs.:*****:


I would be on suicide watch....She said if I lose one more Rod N reel this year don't even worry about coming home!!!:eek:

Deadly D 07-08-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21838)
I would be on suicide watch....She said if I lose one more Rod N reel this year don't even worry about coming home!!!:eek:

What you think she would say if you lost that pink waterloo hu:*****::*****:

Salty 07-08-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 21837)
Moma would have kicked that rearend if you would have lost that one. Where did that happen at the weirs.:*****:


A ray snatched it out of the bote.....or a gar.

Choupique 07-08-2009 09:26 PM

I’ve sorta have a tackle problem! I seem to get carried away with reel and tackle purchases and I love to take my reels apart and baby them. (I know not quite what the post is about, throwing your reels on the boat and kicking them in the corner till the next day etc.) But for whatever its worth; IMO the round reels like the calcutta, TD luna, TD pluton, etc are the best reel for salt abuse as far as baitcasters go. Most have only 3 bearings to worry about, sturdy construction, and powerful; only downsides are that they are heavy and only available in a slow speeds (although thats perfect for suspending bait fishing!) If you have the mean$ to get one; the Calcutta DC is a really really great reel that casts like a champ and takes a licking and keeps on ticking (not worth the difference in cost between the regular model; but you can only cast one reel at a time anyway!). If you baby your reels and you want high performance the core is awesome; especially wading with its light weight and really seems to handle the salt pretty good in my experience. Another great option is the Daiwa Alphas (Japanese model of the TD Sol). It is very very lightweight, and NOT made of Mg! Now if you are crazy and want the best of both worlds of DC and lightweight there is the Metanium Mg DC! The Japanese version of the Core that is available in DC model. (Only problem japanese anglers have small hands apparently?? and the reels come with an 80mm handle vs. 90mm handles that are standard on US reels!)
Get off my back tackle monkey!!!

LaAngler 07-08-2009 09:29 PM

tackleholic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupique (Post 21859)
I’m sorta have a tackle problem


just take it one day at a time! :*****:

Salty 07-08-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupique (Post 21859)
I’m sorta have a tackle problem! I seem to get carried away with reel and tackle purchases and I love to take my reels apart and baby them. (I know not quite what the post is about, throwing your reels on the boat and kicking them in the corner till the next day etc.) But for whatever its worth; IMO the round reels like the calcutta, TD luna, TD pluton, etc are the best reel for salt abuse as far as baitcasters go. Most have only 3 bearings to worry about, sturdy construction, and powerful; only downsides are that they are heavy and only available in a slow speeds (although thats perfect for suspending bait fishing!) If you have the mean$ to get one; the Calcutta DC is a really really great reel that casts like a champ and takes a licking and keeps on ticking (not worth the difference in cost between the regular model; but you can only cast one reel at a time anyway!). If you baby your reels and you want high performance the core is awesome; especially wading with its light weight and really seems to handle the salt pretty good in my experience. Another great option is the Daiwa Alphas (Japanese model of the TD Sol). It is very very lightweight, and NOT made of Mg! Now if you are crazy and want the best of both worlds of DC and lightweight there is the Metanium Mg DC! The Japanese version of the Core that is available in DC model. (Only problem japanese anglers have small hands apparently?? and the reels come with an 80mm handle vs. 90mm handles that are standard on US reels!)
Get off my back tackle monkey!!!


:eek:

"W" 07-08-2009 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupique (Post 21859)
I’ve sorta have a tackle problem! I seem to get carried away with reel and tackle purchases and I love to take my reels apart and baby them. (I know not quite what the post is about, throwing your reels on the boat and kicking them in the corner till the next day etc.) But for whatever its worth; IMO the round reels like the calcutta, TD luna, TD pluton, etc are the best reel for salt abuse as far as baitcasters go. Most have only 3 bearings to worry about, sturdy construction, and powerful; only downsides are that they are heavy and only available in a slow speeds (although thats perfect for suspending bait fishing!) If you have the mean$ to get one; the Calcutta DC is a really really great reel that casts like a champ and takes a licking and keeps on ticking (not worth the difference in cost between the regular model; but you can only cast one reel at a time anyway!). If you baby your reels and you want high performance the core is awesome; especially wading with its light weight and really seems to handle the salt pretty good in my experience. Another great option is the Daiwa Alphas (Japanese model of the TD Sol). It is very very lightweight, and NOT made of Mg! Now if you are crazy and want the best of both worlds of DC and lightweight there is the Metanium Mg DC! The Japanese version of the Core that is available in DC model. (Only problem japanese anglers have small hands apparently?? and the reels come with an 80mm handle vs. 90mm handles that are standard on US reels!)
Get off my back tackle monkey!!!


:eek:

Choupique 07-08-2009 09:37 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

LaAngler 07-08-2009 09:39 PM

now i want a metanium dc


curado sux w

Choupique 07-08-2009 09:40 PM

haha, tackle monkey claims its next victim! sorry bro!

Salty 07-08-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 21866)
now i want a metanium dc


curado sux w


W sux, Bruce. :rolleyes:

"W" 07-08-2009 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaAngler (Post 21866)
now i want a metanium dc


curado sux w

Here this is for you and Salty.....

Salty 07-08-2009 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21870)
Here this is for you and Salty.....



And this is for you...W.

huntin fool 07-08-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 21871)
And this is for you...W.

that stuff was just on a commercial :*****::*****:

bigdog 07-08-2009 10:04 PM

Now i can see why you like curado so much "w".:grinpimp:


http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...at20midget.jpg

"W" 07-08-2009 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Salty 07-08-2009 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is....'09 Chronarch. Compared to this one.....W's Curado is a POS.

Capt. Ryan Rachunek 07-08-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21811)
Drag this!!!!! Just look at that Bull Minnow in his mouth!!!!!

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/atta...1&d=1247096626

Nice 28" Gar.......:smokin:

Salty 07-09-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Ryan Rachunek (Post 21882)


Nice 38" fisherman......:smokin:

all star rod 07-09-2009 08:05 AM

Salty, the Chronarch they make like 4 or 5 different models. Which one do you think is the best for light tackle fishing? I know on ebay you pick them up for a lot less then in the stores.

Choupique 07-09-2009 09:00 AM

When you say light tackle; do you mean light gigs / weightless lures? or are you looking for a general reel for use on your basic assortments of standard lures 2oz - 1/4oz with a range of application from slow sinkers to topwater?

Capt. Ryan Rachunek 07-09-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salty (Post 21883)
Nice 38" fisherman......:smokin:

When did he grow 2"????

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/atta...1&d=1247110447

Aluminum CORE......:D

all star rod 07-09-2009 09:35 AM

Choupique--yes light tackle fishing with 1/4 or 3/8 oz gig head.

"W" 07-09-2009 09:52 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by all star rod (Post 21902)
Choupique--yes light tackle fishing with 1/4 or 3/8 oz gig head.

All you need for trout.....The History of Curado reels.....I have everyone of these....

Choupique 07-09-2009 10:27 AM

If you are going with the new ChronarchD All Star I would say the best option is the CH100D7. 7:1 gear ratios are great for anything but fulltime crankbaits and twitch baits, and make walking a topwater quite easy. And like Capt. Ryan states it’s an aluminum Core! (You are only giving up around 1.5oz in weight between the two) Your other option is the CH100D5 in 5:1 but that seems to be more of a niche reel for deep cranks and large swimbaits.

If you are like me and look for casting distance first and foremost out of my reels when thinking of quality trout. You can also add upgraded spool bearings to almost any reel to get little extra distance out of them. Most Shimanos come standard with “ABEC 3” ARB bearings and you can upgrade to ABEC 7s and get more distance out of your reels with the upgrade.

ABEC 7 Upgrade: http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/produ...oducts_id=6348

Jordan 07-09-2009 11:16 AM

W, how much for the 200J ??

huntin fool 07-09-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jfranovich (Post 21907)
W, how much for the 200J ??


i was literally about to ask that, looks like a sweet reel!

Deadly D 07-09-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21904)
All you need for trout.....The History of Curado reels.....I have everyone of these....

W why you want to lie to these people fess up you are the zebco king:*****::*****:

"W" 07-09-2009 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly D (Post 21912)
W why you want to lie to these people fess up you are the zebco king:*****::*****:

Dang...You got me....Just got in mail today!!:rotfl:

Deadly D 07-09-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 21913)
Dang...You got me....Just got in mail today!!:rotfl:

trade you my old one for that new one:*****::*****::*****::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hopedale Hustler 07-09-2009 01:31 PM

so how much is that 200j going for..id like to get mah hands on one..

Jordan 07-09-2009 02:01 PM

makes 3 of us so far, thats a fine looking reel !!!! i wonder how much it'd be... i gotta go cash my michael jackson check !!!

"W" 07-09-2009 02:08 PM

Alright if you want a Curado 200J and 300J....(right handed) reel.... the price will be around $320.....Will take 2-3 weeks.....If you really want one please pm me....

southern151 07-09-2009 02:35 PM

What's the big difference between the 300e and 300j aside from the huge $ difference?

Hopedale Hustler 07-09-2009 02:39 PM

yeah please explain wat the difference is..id really like one..

LaAngler 07-09-2009 02:50 PM

looks like a japanese curado d to me.....

all star rod 07-09-2009 02:51 PM

Does anyone have the Curado 300E7. I believe it has a little lower gear ratio than the Curado 200E7 plus it holds more string and cost more!

Choupique 07-09-2009 02:53 PM

http://www.tenkaralin.com/data/tenka...corpionXT2.jpg

Japanese version of the CuradoE is the Scorpion XT 1500


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted