SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (Everything Else) (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LA outdoor expo (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34135)

PaulMyers 07-29-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 469005)
Do they have any boats at the la expo.

You looking for another boat? :confused:

Duck Butter 07-29-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 469005)
Do they have any boats at the la expo.

very few, not many bay boats, mostly surface drives and aluminum boats

Duck Butter 07-29-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand16 (Post 468687)
How is the expo? Is it worth going?

Was alright, the one earlier this year in Gonzales seemed better to me, but overall decent


They had two ziplines running inside above the crowds, kids were having fun, they said I was too big:rotfl:

Saw a cool bowhunting thingy - a plastic broadhead that is packed with #7 steel, screw it onto your arrow and you can shoot a squirrel, coon, etc while you are deer hunting and doesn't make much noise and you save your arrow.

A few new kayak designs that were interesting, a buncha people blowing duck and speck calls, etc, kid enjoyed the rattlesnake wranglers.

Feesherman 07-29-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 469021)
Saw a cool bowhunting thingy - a plastic broadhead that is packed with #7 steel, screw it onto your arrow and you can shoot a squirrel, coon, etc while you are deer hunting and doesn't make much noise and you save your arrow.

.


How does that work? I have a "critter" arrow that I carry in my quiver with an old junky broad head on it for skirls, coons, etc......

Duck Butter 07-29-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feesherman (Post 469043)
How does that work? I have a "critter" arrow that I carry in my quiver with an old junky broad head on it for skirls, coons, etc......

Its basically a blunt tipped plastic arrowhead and when it hits the object, the shot comes out at whatever speed the arrow is traveling. Had a video of them shooting a rabbit and they cleaned the rabbit and all the shot penetrated.

Also said they have them with whatever scent you want and you can shoot the arrow with the scent into the ground if the wind changes, etc.

I will see if I can find the brochure he gave me and the website. Seemed legit


Rac Em Bac racembac.com

alphaman 07-29-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMyers (Post 469006)
You looking for another boat? :confused:

I sold my Lil 17ft. Saving up for a 21 NS SE.

PaulMyers 07-29-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaman (Post 469055)
I sold my Lil 17ft. Saving up for a 21 NS SE.

You need to go to Lake Area Marine and look at the Frontier 2104. Talk to Kyle or Gerald (337)433-7019. There have been several people lately pick the Frontier over the Nautic Star and I know LAM service and pricing is second to none.

Super Spook 07-29-2012 02:38 PM

Riceland duck and goose calls have show specials. Picked up a poly speck call yesterday. Super pumped about it. Very easy to blow.

Cadence also has some nice calls.

flounder_smacker 07-29-2012 03:22 PM

the expo this year was the best one yet imo. picked up one of those work sharp knife sharpeners. everything that has an edge in my house is razor sharp. on of the best tools in my shed now.

Super Spook 07-29-2012 03:44 PM

Way more booths and way better than last year. I think it will only get bigger with this management. Hopefully anyway.

That Gatortail bowfishing boat was sweet!

Duck Butter 07-29-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Spook (Post 469107)
Way more booths and way better than last year. I think it will only get bigger with this management. Hopefully anyway.

That Gatortail bowfishing boat was sweet!

I drooled over that for a lil bit:grinpimp: and have never bowfished

Cajun Outdoors 07-29-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 469053)
Its basically a blunt tipped plastic arrowhead and when it hits the object, the shot comes out at whatever speed the arrow is traveling. Had a video of them shooting a rabbit and they cleaned the rabbit and all the shot penetrated.

Also said they have them with whatever scent you want and you can shoot the arrow with the scent into the ground if the wind changes, etc.

I will see if I can find the brochure he gave me and the website. Seemed legit


Rac Em Bac racembac.com

That wasn't a rabbit. It was a frozen turkey. Scent dispenser one buries into ground...they tried to get us to promote it. I'm sure it will sell though...

flounder_smacker 07-29-2012 05:35 PM

i really liked the stick steer prodrive boat. kind of set up like a mudboat with the seat up high in the middle.

Likeuhboss 07-29-2012 06:12 PM

I was very close to buying a work sharp knife sharpener, that guy was making knives razor sharp.

Duck Butter 07-29-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun Outdoors (Post 469155)
That wasn't a rabbit. It was a frozen turkey. Scent dispenser one buries into ground...they tried to get us to promote it. I'm sure it will sell though...

Thanks, I was just observing from afar and dude came and grabbed me and the video was playing had shot all in it, seems like something that would sell for sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted