SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Whats up with BL? (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52147)

Reefman 03-25-2014 12:04 PM

What da office fishermen suppodda do, You want them to go fish on their own without any exact info (spot, bait, color and jig head weight)? I notice them boys from Dularge don't give out where they fishing..only bait and color. I guess I can't blame them.

"W" 03-25-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 675157)
What da office fishermen suppodda do, You want them to go fish on their own without any exact info (spot, bait, color and jig head weight)? I notice them boys from Dularge don't give out where they fishing..only bait and color. I guess I can't blame them.

Hire a guide ;) and let them teach you

Reefman 03-25-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 675182)
Hire a guide ;) and let them teach you

From your perspective I agree 100%! Best fast track way to learn what, how, when and where in an area that you're not familiar with it.

"W" 03-25-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 675190)
From your perspective I agree 100%! Best fast track way to learn what, how, when and where in an area that you're not familiar with it.

Well we have a guy on this site that new Zero about big lake a few years ago and now pretty much can load his box just about every trip

He has made about 10 trips with me and a few with some other guides...Now he don't need a guide

bgizzle 03-25-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 675182)
Hire a guide ;) and let them teach you

Wish youda been "guiding" a few years ago... Or were you?


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

AubreyLaHaye458 03-25-2014 04:19 PM

I just wish the guided trips were cheaper.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgizzle 03-25-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 (Post 675214)
I just wish the guided trips were cheaper.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ain't lyin. But they gotta make theirs too.


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

AubreyLaHaye458 03-25-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 675216)
You ain't lyin. But they gotta make theirs too.


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"


Oh definitely! I think their prices are fair, just wish that it could be fair and cheaper. lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgizzle 03-25-2014 04:31 PM

If they'd be 250 I think I wouldn't own a boat. It be less hassle to just go and fish and most likely catch. Rather than fish in BL once every two to three months and hope for the best. No doubt guides there have taught me a lot and my odds are better than some but it still is a very hard kale to fish for office fisherman.


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Reefman 03-25-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgizzle (Post 675218)
If they'd be 250 I think I wouldn't own a boat.


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

You're right!!!!!
Hell at $300.00 (not including tip) I sure wouldn't own a boat! Book 15 trips during peak periods a year and you're way ahead of the game. Less than $4,500.00 a year to fish specs and you can invite a friend or two to come along every trip. Get a fishing partner to go in half and your under $2,300.00. Might be the most cost effective way to fish and catch! Sure a lot less than boat notes and repair bills!

Clampy 03-25-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 675222)
You're right!!!!!
Hell at $300.00 (not including tip) I sure wouldn't own a boat! Book 15 trips during peak periods a year and you're way ahead of the game. Less than $4,500.00 a year to fish specs and you can invite a friend or two to come along every trip. Get a fishing partner to go in half and your under $2,300.00. Might be the most cost effective way to fish and catch! Sure a lot less than boat notes and repair bills!


Stop making me do math ;



Spiral Out

bgizzle 03-25-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 675222)
You're right!!!!!
Hell at $300.00 (not including tip) I sure wouldn't own a boat! Book 15 trips during peak periods a year and you're way ahead of the game. Less than $4,500.00 a year to fish specs and you can invite a friend or two to come along every trip. Get a fishing partner to go in half and your under $2,300.00. Might be the most cost effective way to fish and catch! Sure a lot less than boat notes and repair bills!

Exactly what I was thinking


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

"W" 03-25-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefman (Post 675222)
You're right!!!!!
Hell at $300.00 (not including tip) I sure wouldn't own a boat! Book 15 trips during peak periods a year and you're way ahead of the game. Less than $4,500.00 a year to fish specs and you can invite a friend or two to come along every trip. Get a fishing partner to go in half and your under $2,300.00. Might be the most cost effective way to fish and catch! Sure a lot less than boat notes and repair bills!

There is a lot of fisherman who do this, I have a guy who books me about every 3 weeks and he goes with a few other guides during the year

If a guy comes to me and says in want to book 10-15 dates a year I always will discount a price

He has book 4 this year and has 7 more on my books... plus he sends me people

slickfish 03-25-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 675236)
There is a lot of fisherman who do this, I have a guy who books me about every 3 weeks and he goes with a few other guides during the year

If a guy comes to me and says in want to book 10-15 dates a year I always will discount a price

He has book 4 this year and has 7 more on my books... plus he sends me people

Poor fella. How could there be any enjoyment in that?

"W" 03-25-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickfish (Post 675241)
Poor fella. How could there be any enjoyment in that?

I guess you should come learn, fact is you will not find one person who has never enjoyed fishing with me!! Just about all my customers from last year have booked trips this year!! It's call production and even on worst of days you don't have many guides who will fish till dark if client wants too

I have right now 42 trips in my books down and 30 are repete

mriguy 03-25-2014 07:40 PM

I find it hard to get 2 other people to split a charter with!

MathGeek 03-25-2014 07:49 PM

You'll learn a lot more from fishing with W than talking trash on the internet. I sure did.

Hiring a guide is just good sense when you're learning a new lake or upgrading your skills. I've learned more from guides than I've figured out on my own. The saying is "you can't tweak up zero." If you aren't catching many fish, it's hard to know what to do differently. Once you catch fish consistently by applying what you've learned the little adjustments you make on your own can tweak things up quickly.

slickfish 03-25-2014 08:01 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 675256)
You'll learn a lot more from fishing with W than talking trash on the internet. I sure did.

Hiring a guide is just good sense when you're learning a new lake or upgrading your skills. I've learned more from guides than I've figured out on my own. The saying is "you can't tweak up zero." If you aren't catching many fish, it's hard to know what to do differently. Once you catch fish consistently by applying what you've learned the little adjustments you make on your own can tweak things up quickly.

I'm good but thanks for the advise I'll pass it on to someone that can use it. Attachment 65552Attachment 65553Attachment 65554Attachment 65558Attachment 65559Attachment 65560

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

RAKEDLAKE 03-25-2014 08:17 PM

I am curious if the locks staying closed at grand bayou in the fall has anything to do with the lack of fish. I do remember a few years back when the levee on the east bank was blow out it was good fishing year round. Now it kinda Sucks. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clampy 03-25-2014 08:37 PM

And away we go


Spiral Out

"W" 03-25-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MathGeek (Post 675256)
You'll learn a lot more from fishing with W than talking trash on the internet. I sure did.

Hiring a guide is just good sense when you're learning a new lake or upgrading your skills. I've learned more from guides than I've figured out on my own. The saying is "you can't tweak up zero." If you aren't catching many fish, it's hard to know what to do differently. Once you catch fish consistently by applying what you've learned the little adjustments you make on your own can tweak things up quickly.

Thanks for the nice words, just booked a two day trip in May from a Saltycajun just now

"W" 03-25-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clampy (Post 675276)
And away we go


Spiral Out

Ol slickfish would hang him self if I started posting picks of fish "LARWWWD" it's bees a Fiya

Goooh 03-25-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickfish (Post 675259)
I'm good but thanks for the advise I'll pass it on to someone that can use it. Attachment 65552Attachment 65553Attachment 65554Attachment 65558Attachment 65559Attachment 65560

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk


Master you are

Unbelievable the photos, absolutely astounding. Trinity bay doesn't hold back eh?

AubreyLaHaye458 03-25-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mriguy (Post 675253)
I find it hard to get 2 other people to split a charter with!


My phone never rang. lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted