SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It's November!! (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24757)

SaltERedneck 11-02-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 343856)
i was so pumped up after we got off the phone last night with all the duck season talk i had to watch a duck commander dvd. This will be the longest 10 days of my life.

I WAS pumped. I got totally screwed with water shortage. its non existent and our relift is broken. trying not to think about it. makes me miserable. theres always fishing!!

DUCKGOGETTER 11-02-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salteredneck (Post 343857)
i was pumped. I got totally screwed with water shortage. Its non existent and our relift is broken. Trying not to think about it. Makes me miserable. Theres always fishing!!

sorry to hear that man. How much water do ya'll have? Ya'll still can hunt specks.

Micah 11-02-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 343856)
i was so pumped up after we got off the phone last night with all the duck season talk i had to watch a duck commander dvd. This will be the longest 10 days of my life.

Ha, I will be watching some of that tonight!!!

SaltERedneck 11-02-2011 01:00 PM

well we set it up this year for mainly ducks. buddy let the field get outta control sooo we mowed down a pothole in the middle of marsh.... NO food for them to eat. we held water for teal season. and it all went away. this blind has no food to offer specs. would've been decent with water. ITS DUST! I might just try and do the spec thing. will be hard to compete with surrounding rice fields and plowed fields.

Micah 11-02-2011 01:07 PM

This front coming through tonight is gonna push some more birds into the area!!!! Friday morning is showing temps in the low 40s and high 30s. Front dont last long though....another one coming through next week as well.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-02-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salteredneck (Post 343861)
well we set it up this year for mainly ducks. Buddy let the field get outta control sooo we mowed down a pothole in the middle of marsh.... No food for them to eat. We held water for teal season. And it all went away. This blind has no food to offer specs. Would've been decent with water. Its dust! I might just try and do the spec thing. Will be hard to compete with surrounding rice fields and plowed fields.

i will tell you this i've killed many of specks hunting in tall grass with no decoys. As long as you know how to blow a call and keep them interested they look for the sound. Be positive about it i'm sure it will work out.

SaltERedneck 11-02-2011 01:16 PM

I can call some specs... thats not the problem. its the nut jobs around us haha. gueydan is sooooooooo thick with specs right now. every 10 min i looked up there was a flock above us. glorious.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-02-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh boy (Post 343870)
this front coming through tonight is gonna push some more birds into the area!!!! Friday morning is showing temps in the low 40s and high 30s. Front dont last long though....another one coming through next week as well.

i know!!! I think it's gonna be a great opener for us in grand chenier if the birds stick around.

huntin fool 11-02-2011 02:25 PM

Gonna be great. Can't wait to get down to the marsh. Finishing my timber hole today.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-02-2011 02:57 PM

Has anybody seen any snows and blues yet? I figured with all that snow up north they would've started migrating.

SaltERedneck 11-02-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER (Post 343944)
Has anybody seen any snows and blues yet? I figured with all that snow up north they would've started migrating.

yep seen a few flocks in gueydan.

DUCKGOGETTER 11-02-2011 03:09 PM

I love me some ole sky carp gumbo

Jordan 11-02-2011 03:28 PM

gonna book me a trip soon for some snow's and blues. They are both on my bucket list.

any good recommendations ?

huntin fool 11-02-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 343963)
gonna book me a trip soon for some snow's and blues. They are both on my bucket list.

any good recommendations ?

Speckled Belly hunting club.

They kill snows and blues mixed in with specks. Later in the season.

Jordan 11-02-2011 03:39 PM

how much per gun ?? not wanting to spend no more than $200 a gun

Micah 11-02-2011 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took this through my binoculars the other day...bluewings and spoons.

huntin fool 11-02-2011 07:29 PM

Just got back from our timber hole, looks good. Jumped a few green heads and hens off of it. Probably locals, have noticed a good bit of greys and spoonies showing on the river.

Micah 11-02-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 344045)
Just got back from our timber hole, looks good. Jumped a few green heads and hens off of it. Probably locals, have noticed a good bit of greys and spoonies showing on the river.

Awesome. You gonna give us a report with some dead birds this weekend?

huntin fool 11-02-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh Boy (Post 344049)
Awesome. You gonna give us a report with some dead birds this weekend?

Yep. Probably stay at our timber hole one day, and go shoot specks at a bud's lease in welsh the other.

Micah 11-02-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 344051)
Yep. Probably stay at our timber hole one day, and go shoot specks at a bud's lease in welsh the other.

Lucky. I'm ready to kill some birds.