SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   catfish discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25)

CatDaddy 05-19-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killa k (Post 5743)
How did you get the hook out of that guy without people nicknaming you "stubby"?

Real fast and real carefull.....

CatDaddy 05-19-2009 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the actual hooks that i use...

huntin fool 05-27-2009 02:21 PM

okay, i have a trot line ran all the way across the west fork river. i haven't done good with it at all. So if i cut it into smaller sections, what area should i look for to set it at? ex- cuts, marsh, tree line

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8720)
okay, i have a trot line ran all the way across the west fork river. i haven't done good with it at all. So if i cut it into smaller sections, what area should i look for to set it at? ex- cuts, marsh, tree line

Put it on the side this time of year. In about 5-6 foot of water. Dont put it in clear black water. The sun can penetrate clear water and depletes the oxygen, for some reason catfish dont really like it that much. Look for some willow trees, I always do good by willow trees for some reason, i havent figured that one out just yet.. If you have a depth finder, put it on the edge of some deepr holes, like on the edge.

Where you live fool? I can show you some awesome "cat holes"

huntin fool 05-27-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8722)
Put it on the side this time of year. In about 5-6 foot of water. Dont put it in clear black water. The sun can penetrate clear water and depletes the oxygen, for some reason catfish dont really like it that much. Look for some willow trees, I always do good by willow trees for some reason, i havent figured that one out just yet.. If you have a depth finder, put it on the edge of some deepr holes, like on the edge.

Where you live fool? I can show you some awesome "cat holes"

west fork of the calcasieu river. idk is that what you wanted? idk where willows are on the river...but i do have a depth finder

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8724)
west fork of the calcasieu river. idk is that what you wanted? idk where willows are on the river...but i do have a depth finder

How hard would it be for you to commute to Gueydan?

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8742)
How hard would it be for you to commute to Gueydan?

we dont travel there much...only during goose season.

i guess thats what you meant by commute?

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8743)
we dont travel there much...only during goose season.

i guess thats what you meant by commute?

Yea, thats what i meant. Anytime your ready or in the aera let me know, and ill hook you up with some cat spots.

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:14 PM

cat spots for the calcasieu? or geuydan canals? lol im confused..

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8745)
cat spots for the calcasieu? or geuydan canals? lol im confused..

Cat spots in the gueydan aera.. Or mabey i can go to your aera and find some good spots with ya.

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8749)
Cat spots in the gueydan aera.. Or mabey i can go to your aera and find some good spots with ya.

my area would be best. which doesnt have to be anytime soon. im still building up my supply on jugs

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8751)
my area would be best. which doesnt have to be anytime soon. im still building up my supply on jugs

Ill come with everything possible you can think of. Ill make limb lines with you and you can keep them. I have 180 jugs, that i dont usually use all of them, ill even leave a few of those with you. Im offshore rite now and dont know when ill be in... ill keep in touch with you.. are you allowed to stay out in the river till about 2 or 3 am?

huntin fool 05-27-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 8758)
Ill come with everything possible you can think of. Ill make limb lines with you and you can keep them. I have 180 jugs, that i dont usually use all of them, ill even leave a few of those with you. Im offshore rite now and dont know when ill be in... ill keep in touch with you.. are you allowed to stay out in the river till about 2 or 3 am?

i stay in the marsh til 4..so i guess :) lol

CatDaddy 05-27-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin fool (Post 8762)
i stay in the marsh til 4..so i guess :) lol

well its on little dude.... prepair yourself..

Hebert 05-28-2009 08:07 PM

Catdaddy...up till a few yrs ago the biggest cat i ever caught was from south of gueydan..it was 8lbs :) i went with my friends grandpa..Mr. Leprette...he took us pass the florence club in the marshes and we fished at a pump while it was pumpin...we tore em up...still remember that like it was yesterday...

can anyone fish those marshes now south of gueydan or is it private property?

adamsfence 05-28-2009 08:22 PM

red river

3 Attachment(s)
i fish the red in boyce around alexandria. my family has land on a oxbow there. we use jug lines and throw lines. . here is a few of our pics ( we suck at photography_

CatDaddy 05-28-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hebert (Post 9086)
Catdaddy...up till a few yrs ago the biggest cat i ever caught was from south of gueydan..it was 8lbs :) i went with my friends grandpa..Mr. Leprette...he took us pass the florence club in the marshes and we fished at a pump while it was pumpin...we tore em up...still remember that like it was yesterday...

can anyone fish those marshes now south of gueydan or is it private property?

Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). The main waterways are still public.

CatDaddy 05-28-2009 08:23 PM

Nice fish adamsfence.. Thats what im talking about!!!

mechanix000 05-28-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 9099)
Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). The main waterways are still public.

he's talking about the pumps on the floence canal at Amoco meaux

Hebert 05-28-2009 08:48 PM

Nice cats Adam!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatDaddy (Post 9099)
Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). .

the bastards!! :pissed: man that pisses me off that almost our whole coast is private property owned by the oil companies...