SaltyCajun.com

SaltyCajun.com (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/index.php)
-   Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what do you think about Texas Law (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15915)

"W" 01-12-2011 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Montauk17 01-12-2011 04:39 PM

You honestly think a human could kill the trout population ANYWHERE along our coast with a rodnreel? Give me a break man thats ridiculous.

eman 01-12-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219566)
Well I have a good pic I will post when I get to my computer of a Texas numbered boat that dropped off 7 guys and left... Don't know if he is a guide or not..... I also heard that a local guide was dropping off several people then leaving and picking up more... I was told a name and I will not say anything until I witness it myself...

That's all well and good untill one of the waders he has STRANDED
out in the water has a problem . Then his azz is in court being sued for abandoning his clients. This is Louisiana and in the courts here .HE Loses.

Ray 01-12-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 219616)
You honestly think a human could kill the trout population ANYWHERE along our coast with a rodnreel? Give me a break man thats ridiculous.

I will be working on that next time I get home.
I will let you know the results at the end of Feb.
I might be doing some hog hunting in Texas in early Feb.,
so I doubt that I can kill the population in Feb., so, I will
try again in March.

"W" 01-12-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 219616)
You honestly think a human could kill the trout population ANYWHERE along our coast with a rodnreel? Give me a break man thats ridiculous.


NO I do not.....I have said this 100000000 times..........Its not the trout population its the over crowding

Montauk17 01-12-2011 04:48 PM

I am not a big lake "local" does that not give me or anyone else the right to fish there? :spineyes:

"W" 01-12-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 219621)
I am not a big lake "local" does that not give me or anyone else the right to fish there? :spineyes:

No but do you think its right for a Texas guide to drop off 11 guys ?? When his boat can only legally hold 6 to 8 max:confused:

southern151 01-12-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219620)
NO I do not.....I have said this 100000000 times..........Its not the trout population its the over crowding

So, what are ya trying to say?:spineyes:

I think you're worried about a boat that is too tall passing in front of you and you won't be able to see to potlick the next guy. It could be your subconscious working on you, ya know. That's your mind...Didn't mean to speak in terms you may not understand!:*****:

trophytroutman 01-12-2011 04:55 PM

I agree that they need to lower our size limit to 12" and keep it at 10.I see know problem whatsoever with our trout population.Also believe that if they do change it there wont be anymore Texans on Big Lake than there are right now.There are a lot of piers here and I think that people fishing the piers have to keep the first 10 they catch for there (to me)is no real safe way to release the fish.Im not a guide,but dont guides from Texas gotta go through the state of louisiana to obtain a La. guide licence?

Montauk17 01-12-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219624)
No but do you think its right for a Texas guide to drop off 11 guys ?? When his boat can only legally hold 6 to 8 max:confused:

You keep changing the subject....now we are talking about coast guard regulations? LMAO :*****::help:

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219624)
No but do you think its right for a Texas guide to drop off 11 guys ?? When his boat can only legally hold 6 to 8 max:confused:

thats why he is dropping them off! Sounds like a helluva paycheck to me. I commend the man, are you jealous?:cry:

southern151 01-12-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 219630)
thats why he is dropping them off! Sounds like a helluva paycheck to me. I commend the man, are you jealous?:cry:

"There" raping HIS lake!:*****:

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southern151 (Post 219631)
"There" raping HIS lake!:*****:

They rapin e'rybody out there, and the lake!

I think them TX guides may know a little more about 'his' lake than him:grinpimp:





wait for it, wait for it.....

"W" 01-12-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 219630)
thats why he is dropping them off! Sounds like a helluva paycheck to me. I commend the man, are you jealous?:cry:


NOPE.....Just next time Ill call the WL&F:D:D:D:D I was too busy that day calling them on the illegal oyster boat a mile over the fire line:D

"W" 01-12-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 219628)
You keep changing the subject....now we are talking about coast guard regulations? LMAO :*****::help:

:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefi nger::thefinger: ALL YA

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219637)
NOPE.....Just next time Ill calling the WL&F:D:D:D:D I was too busy that day calling them on the illegal oyster boat a mile over the fire line:D

what is illegal about that? as long as the number in the boat is not exceeded!

ShadMan 01-12-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "W" (Post 219624)
No but do you think its right for a Texas guide to drop off 11 guys ?? When his boat can only legally hold 6 to 8 max:confused:

Jeremy, how much revenue did LA get from the fishing licenses for those 11 people from out of state (assuming they are actually Texans)? If you haven't priced 'em lately, out of state license cost a lot more than in-state licenses. Those Texans are giving back a lot more to LA and Big Lake than you are. ;)

Everyone knows LA has a better estuary system than TX, so fish are more plentiful in LA...not larger, but more plentiful. Over-fishing and bag limits that are too high ensure that LA does not have a good trophy system. Everyone also knows the hunting is better in TX than in LA. LA folks come to Texas to hunt sometimes, Texans go to LA to fish sometimes. It's all good.

BTW, did you know that when the LA limit ws 25, if a Texan kept his limit he was breaking the law as soon as he crossed the TX line? Thus, most Texans didn't take limits out of LA. Texans DO have to abide by Texas law, even when fishing in LA.

Did you know that if you have more than 30 trout in your freezer and refrigerator right now you are breaking the law? Who is worse, you or the Texans?

LaAngler 01-12-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montauk17 (Post 219616)
You honestly think a human could kill the trout population ANYWHERE along our coast with a rodnreel? Give me a break man thats ridiculous.

I think it can affect the trophy trout numbers, schoolies no (less than 5 lbs).

Duck Butter 01-12-2011 05:08 PM

I am going elk hunting in Colorado next year and killing all I want because La doesn't have a limit on them:*****:

"W" 01-12-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Butter (Post 219639)
what is illegal about that? as long as the number in the boat is not exceeded!

A Guide can not leave his customer :D And you can not shuttle


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted